LZ A6/A6 mini discussion and review thread
Jan 15, 2020 at 10:57 PM Post #181 of 687
After seeing most of the reviews, I was almost convinced to purchase the LZ A6 but also due to the poor QC from LZ, it makes me hesitate. I can't seem to find the A6's sound signature anywhere. Is it balanced, V shaped, W etc. I also find that people have problems with bass filters. Is this a recommended purchase or are there any very similar alternatives to the A6? I saw the ISN H40, but it seems to me that it lacked details and resolution. Is Spring 1 a good choice? Or any other tribid that are good as well? I prefer something with tons of details but still gives a good thump in bass and a big soundstage. Thanks.

Jan 15, 2020 at 11:08 PM Post #182 of 687
I used to be a big fan of LZ, but both my A4 and A5 started developing driver issues after a year or so. I wasn't the only one having these issues either. I used multiple working cables each time to make sure. I'd be hesitant to throw down another $300 on LZ for at least another generation until those QC problems are fixed.
I wonder with all the low priced LZ's if hes getting out of the game or financially preparing for the next model?

Jan 16, 2020 at 5:15 AM Post #183 of 687
After seeing most of the reviews, I was almost convinced to purchase the LZ A6 but also due to the poor QC from LZ, it makes me hesitate. I can't seem to find the A6's sound signature anywhere. Is it balanced, V shaped, W etc. I also find that people have problems with bass filters. Is this a recommended purchase or are there any very similar alternatives to the A6? I saw the ISN H40, but it seems to me that it lacked details and resolution. Is Spring 1 a good choice? Or any other tribid that are good as well? I prefer something with tons of details but still gives a good thump in bass and a big soundstage. Thanks.
For thump in bass look elsewhere. I find LZ A6 not to respond well to EQuing bass + if you do this the filters get clogged and silent really quickly. Bass here is neutral, well controlled. Highs are extended. For me it is a love - hate relationship, often very frustrating.

Jan 16, 2020 at 5:58 AM Post #184 of 687
For thump in bass look elsewhere. I find LZ A6 not to respond well to EQuing bass + if you do this the filters get clogged and silent really quickly. Bass here is neutral, well controlled. Highs are extended. For me it is a love - hate relationship, often very frustrating.

This is your personal opinion with probably a bad unit from what you've described in your posts so probably not fair of giving advice out of your experience which may be confused with frustration, no disrespect intended and I'm sorry for your bad luck.

For me (and most as I've been reading) bass needs no equalization really.
IMO it is (slightly) above neutral, more sub-bass than mid-bass, still punchy but controlled, very extended and highly nuanced/textured.

On the other side a reasonable number of users are claiming QC issues so potential adopters might want to consider looking for a vendor which can provide quick replacement or service.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #185 of 687
I prefer something with tons of details but still gives a good thump in bass and a big soundstage.

As far as I'm concerned, this describes the A6 to a T.

But you should probably order with someone with a good return policy if you run into qc issues.

Jan 16, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #186 of 687
So, now I can say without a doubt that the LZ A6 flagship are my personal champions! -followed only by the LZ A6mini's! :smile::thumbsup:...let's read-on why?

P_20191228_155413_1_2_1.jpgP_20190908_163331_22.jpg

Owning the LZ A6mini's, which I purchased several months ago, was a very delightful experience, to say the least. But, to my surprise I was also given the opportunity to listen to the LZ A6 flagship model, which was sent to my doorstep in return for an honest review. Though, I do want to express, there is no other involvement other than to give an honest review and impression of the LZ A6. Now, after more then 100 hours of play time with the LZ A6, I can truly say that the A6 has the sound quality of IEM's costing much higher than $300 plus with the likings of competing with branded IEM's like Campfire Andromedas and many others with similar price range (though, the lack of quality and accessories won't see that day coming any time soon), but probably outshines many Chi-fi branded names currently on the market today. Though, for a Chi-fi brand they still hold a hefty price tag, and it is no wonder they still do, since they sport a 10mm DLC diaphragm dynamic driver for Lows, 2 balanced armatures for MID's, 2 balanced armatures for Treble, and a 7 layer parallel piezoelectric ceramic tweeter per side for Ultra-Highs. Having such extended drivers to boost the sub-bass to extreme lows, while maintaining luscious MID's all the way up to the most extended treble I've personally heard on a hybrid set-up definitely gives them the best resolution and highest feat of accomplishment to date on any Chi-fi setup, IMHO! I personally think with the new lineup LZ is coming up in May 2020, the only competition LZ will have a hard time competing with is with his own current A6 flagship model. How can he possibly top the LZ A6?...We'll soon see! With the A6mini competing in the $100-200 dollar range and the A6 flagship competing in the $300 plus range, it's no wonder they are driving the branded and Chi-fi world to the limit of excellency in sound alone!

P_20191209_231029_2.jpgHTB1pyqTaijrK1RjSsplq6xHmVXaC.jpg *Courtesy of LZ

So, are the A6 flagship model worth buying because of the other accessories included in the package? I say, heck yea! You still have your choice of a 2 pin or MMCX cable, 9 pairs of tuning filters, 6 pairs of silicone ear tips, 1 pair of foam ear tips and a carry case to carry it all! Currently, my impressions are compared with the black tuning filters installed, which brings out the extreme well-balanced and extended sound signature the A6 can disburse at best!

P_20191228_155413_1_2_2 (2).jpg

Special features you will also get with the A6 flagship model includes an ON and OFF LOUD switch button mounted right on the earphone housing, which really works well boosting them from 110dB (LOUD off) to 115dB with LOUD on. Nominal Impedance (ohms) will go from 45Ω with LOUD off to 20Ω with LOUD on.

P_20191228_155413_1_2_1_2 (2).jpgP_20191228_155413_1_2_1_1 (2).jpg

Some improvements are still needed for better Quality Control from LZ's part:
I always say that what sets most branded and Chi-fi IEM's aside from each other is mostly "Quality Control." Now, with that said, I listed some QC and accessory issues to keep in mind with either the A6 flagship or A6mini: 1) Competitive and better quality detachable cables can insure buyers of better rounded built cables to match the already well built housing, 2) better quality silicone ear tips will insure a better seal with a more comfortable fit, 3) finally, many buyers (like myself) will like the idea of a quality resin made housing for a better ergonomic and more comfortable fit.

Moisture build up? Quick fix would be to unscrew the tuning filters you’re currently using, hold them between yours fingers towards your lips and blow a burst of air into them from the inside exiting outward from the outer vents for several seconds repeating it two or three times for each filter. Finally, screw them back to the housing and you're good to go. Though, another quick fix would be to eliminate the filter screen once and for all for a moisture-free listening experience!

Battle Royal of the best!
In relation to the comparison below, I personally think all the IEM's below are fairly well-made and can easily please even the most experienced in just sound quality alone. But, remember these are all Chi-Fi branded IEM's and some people might be judgmental on quality rather than just sound alone. So, keep in mind, the comparisons below will be based more on sound impression.

LZ A6 vs LZ A6mini
Both the A6 and A6mini demonstrate great clarity, big soundstage and outstanding resolution. But, the A6 just reveals more details and luscious MID's, especially when the LOUD switch button is activated to the ON position leaving the A6mini to trail a good few steps back making the A6 the true resolution reigning champion!

LZ A6 vs MT100 (by SFR)
The MT100 carries rich and detailed bass with good texture and low sub-bass, while the midrange expresses breath-taking natural accuracy, and treble has a touch of transparency, air, and crispiness with good precision. But, going back to the A6, the resolution, transparency, and micro-details reveals much more to my ears making the MT100 sound just safe at best.

LZ A6 vs DQ4 (by Magaosi)
With the tuning positioning of the DQ4 switched to "high resolution", the DQ4 does a fairly good job expressing details, but just slightly harsh at times. So, my personal favorite tuning switch of the DQ4 is the "enhanced sense of atmosphere" position doing an excellent job of demonstrating a holographic sound signature. But, the transparency and overall spectrum of the A6 can demonstrate the same effects with better extended details from a surround-sound perspective making the DQ4 sound lacking as a result.

LZ A6 vs BLON BL03
Just for kicks! I decided to include the underdog, BLON BL03! So, let's literally hear the results! The BL03, as you know by now, are known fairly well for its excellent timbre and surprising and quite natural transparency. But, the A6 pours out way more details making the BL03 sound less detailed and sounding bass-heavy when comparing them to the same genre's. Though, the dynamic drivers in the BL03 can only be described as superb and exceptional to the highest standard and definitely "bang for the buck" for such a low price, the A6 is just totally superb with overall enhanced details bringing out the best of my personal collection of music reminding me that the BLON BL03 belongs at the lower price bracket, which they came from.

Final thoughts:
The A6 left me totally satisfied as a customer when compared to many other IEM's I currently have at hand. They clearly are at the edge of excellency in sound alone, but they can use some room for improvements especially in the accessories department. So, in the end, I personally think they are worth the cost, if one knows how to handle some of the QC issues that might come about buying Chi-fi branded IEM's.

The A6 can still be found at the link below before they're all gone...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32962478885.html

Hope this review can be beneficial for those interested...:handshake:

-Clear :v::wink:

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #187 of 687
So, now I can say without a doubt that the LZ A6 flagship are my personal champions! -followed only by the LZ A6mini's! :smile::thumbsup:...let's read-on why?

Owning the LZ A6mini's, which I purchased several months ago, I was given the opportunity and was sent to my doorstep the LZ A6 flagship model in return for an honest review. There is no other involvement other than to give an honest review and impression of the LZ A6. Now, after more then 100 hours of play time with the LZ A6, I can truly say that the A6 has the sound quality of IEM's costing much higher than $300 plus with the likings of competing with branded IEM's like Campfire Audio and many others with similar price ranges and probably outshining many Chi-fi IEM's currently on the market as well. Though, they still hold a hefty price tag, it is no wonder they still do, since they sport a 10mm DLC diaphragm dynamic driver for Lows, 2 balanced armatures for MID's, 2 balanced armatures for Treble, and a 7 layer parallel piezoelectric ceramic tweeter per side for Ultra-Highs. Having such extended drivers to boost the sub-bass to extreme lows, while maintaining luscious MID's all the way up to the most extended treble I've personally heard on a hybrid set-up definitely gives them the best resolution and highest feat of accomplishment to date on any Chi-fi setup, IMHO! I personally think with the new lineup LZ is coming up in May 2020, the only competition LZ will have a hard time competing with is with his own current A6 flagship model. How can he possibly top the LZ A6?...We'll soon see! With the A6mini competing in the $100-200 dollar range and the A6 flagship competing in the $300 plus range, it's no wonder they are driving the branded and Chi-fi world to the limit of excellency in sound alone!

So, are the A6 flagship model worth buying because of the other accessories included in the package? I say, heck yea! You still have your choice of a 2 pin or MMCX cable, 9 pairs of tuning filters, 6 pairs of silicone ear tips, 1 pair of foam ear tips and a carry case to carry it all! Currently, my impressions are compared with the black tuning filters installed, which brings out the extreme well-balanced and extended sound signature the A6 can disburse at best!

Special features you will also get with the A6 flagship model includes an ON and OFF LOUD switch button mounted right on the earphone housing, which really works well boosting them from 110dB (LOUD off) to 115dB with LOUD on. Nominal Impedance (ohms) will go from 45Ω with LOUD off to 20Ω with LOUD on.

I always say that what sets most branded and Chi-fi IEM's aside from each other is mostly "Quality Control." Now, with that said, I listed some QC and accessory issues to keep in mind with either the A6 flagship or A6mini: 1) Competitive and better quality detachable cables can insure buyers of better rounded built cables to match the already built housing, 2) better quality silicone ear tips will insure a better seal with a more comfortable fit, 3) finally, many buyers (like myself) will like the idea of a quality resin made housing for a better ergonomic and more comfortable fit.
Moisture build up? Quick fix would be to unscrew the tuning filters you’re currently using, hold them between yours fingers towards your lips and blow a burst of air into them from the inside exiting outward from the outer vents for several seconds repeating it two or three times for each filter. Finally, screw them back to the housing and you're good to go. Though, another quick fix would be to eliminate the filter screen once and for all for a moisture-free listening experience!

In relation to the comparison below, I personally think all the IEM's below are fairly well-made and can easily please even the most experienced in just sound quality alone. But, remember these are all Chi-Fi branded IEM's and some people might be judgmental on quality rather than just sound alone. So, keep in mind, the comparisons below will be based more on sound impression.

LZ A6 vs LZ A6mini
Both the A6 and A6mini demonstrate great clarity, big soundstage and outstanding resolution. But, the A6 just reveals more details and luscious MID's, especially when the LOUD switch button is activated to the ON position leaving the A6mini to trail a good few steps back making the A6 the true resolution reigning champion!

LZ A6 vs MT100 (by SFR)
The MT100 carries rich and detailed bass with good texture and low sub-bass, while the midrange expresses breath-taking natural accuracy, and treble has a touch of transparency, air, and crispiness with good precision. But, going back to the A6, the resolution, transparency, and micro-details reveals much more to my ears making the MT100 sound just safe at best.

With the tuning positioning of the DQ4 switched to "high resolution", the DQ4 does a fairly good job expressing details, but just slightly harsh at times. So, my personal favorite tuning switch of the DQ4 is the "enhanced sense of atmosphere" position doing an excellent job of demonstrating a holographic sound signature. But, the transparency and overall spectrum of the A6 can demonstrate the same effects with better extended details from a surround-sound perspective making he DQ4 sound lacking as a result.

LZ A6 vs BLON BL03
Just for kicks! I decided to include the underdog, BLON BL03! So, let's literally hear the results! The BL03, as you know by now, are known fairly well for its excellent timbre and surprising and quite natural transparency. But, the A6 pours out way more details making the BL03 sound less detailed and sounding bass-heavy when comparing them to the same genre's. Though, the dynamic drivers in the BL03 can only be described as superb and exceptional to the highest standard and definitely "bang for the buck" for such a low price, the A6 is just totally superb with overall enhanced details bringing out the best of my personal collection of music reminding me that the BLON BL03 belongs at the lower price bracket, which they came from.

Final thoughts:
The A6 left me totally satisfied as a customer when compared to many other IEM's I currently have at hand. They clearly are at the edge of excellency in sound alone, but they can use some room for improvements especially in the accessories department. So, in the end, I personally think they are worth the cost, if one knows how to handle some of the QC issues that might come about buying Chi-fi branded IEM's.

I have no doubt these are good iems but it would have been nice to have comparisons with at least some of the many branded 300+ such as Campfire and others you say these roll over. After making such claims your comparos feel a bit like a joke, sorry to say.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 1:11 PM Post #188 of 687
I have no doubt these are good iems but it would have been nice to have comparisons with at least some of the many branded 300+ such as Campfire and others you say these roll over. After making such claims your comparos feel a bit like a joke, sorry to say.
Yeah would be great to compare the a6 to something like the dunu dk2001 or some of the newer iems

Jan 16, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #189 of 687
The reason I only compared them to Chi-fi brands is because that's what it actually represents at most versus the high cost value of branded names. Though, they sound very close to the likings of Andromedas, it would never compare to them versus the lack of quality and accessories it brings to the table. So, It just doesn't make sense to compare them at all. So, if what I wrote was just a joke to you? Why don't you just take time out to write a constructive review for others, instead of trolling others. Never did I once say on my review that they "roll over" more expensive models. So, show me where I once said "roll over"?
Stay positive bro! ...You don't have to make it any worse by trolling. :handshake::wink:

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #190 of 687

Owning the LZ A6mini's, which I purchased several months ago, I was given the opportunity and was sent to my doorstep the LZ A6 flagship model in return for an honest review. There is no other involvement other than to give an honest review and impression of the LZ A6. Now, after more then 100 hours of play time with the LZ A6, I can truly say that the A6 has the sound quality of IEM's costing much higher than $300 plus with the likings of competing with branded IEM's like Campfire Andromedas and many others with similar price range (though, the lack of quality and accessories won't see that day coming any time soon), but probably outshines many Chi-fi branded names currently on the market. Though, for a Chi-fi brand they still hold a hefty price tag, it is no wonder they still do, since they sport a 10mm DLC diaphragm dynamic driver for Lows, 2 balanced armatures for MID's, 2 balanced armatures for Treble, and a 7 layer parallel piezoelectric ceramic tweeter per side for Ultra-Highs. Having such extended drivers to boost the sub-bass to extreme lows, while maintaining luscious MID's all the way up to the most extended treble I've personally heard on a hybrid set-up definitely gives them the best resolution and highest feat of accomplishment to date on any Chi-fi setup, IMHO! I personally think with the new lineup LZ is coming up in May 2020, the only competition LZ will have a hard time competing with is with his own current A6 flagship model. How can he possibly top the LZ A6?...We'll soon see! With the A6mini competing in the $100-200 dollar range and the A6 flagship competing in the $300 plus range, it's no wonder they are driving the branded and Chi-fi world to the limit of excellency in sound alone!

I always say that what sets most branded and Chi-fi IEM's aside from each other is mostly "Quality Control." Now, with that said, I listed some QC and accessory issues to keep in mind with either the A6 flagship or A6mini: 1) Competitive and better quality detachable cables can insure buyers of better rounded built cables to match the already built housing, 2) better quality silicone ear tips will insure a better seal with a more comfortable fit, 3) finally, many buyers (like myself) will like the idea of a quality resin made housing for a better ergonomic and more comfortable fit.

LZ A6 vs LZ A6mini

LZ A6 vs MT100 (by SFR)

With the tuning positioning of the DQ4 switched to "high resolution", the DQ4 does a fairly good job expressing details, but just slightly harsh at times. So, my personal favorite tuning switch of the DQ4 is the "enhanced sense of atmosphere" position doing an excellent job of demonstrating a holographic sound signature. But, the transparency and overall spectrum of the A6 can demonstrate the same effects with better extended details from a surround-sound perspective making he DQ4 sound lacking as a result.

LZ A6 vs BLON BL03

Final thoughts:

Makes a lot of sense to me. I've never heard the A6 but I do have the A6 mini and will probably never hear the A6....out of my financial reach. But I really like the the A6 mini.... but there is something missing in the lower mids. That's not to say it's not a really good IEM. The extra drivers obviously fill in and make the A6 such a great IEM. I do like the highs from the piezoelectric driver in the A6 mini and many instruments and female voices sound great through it.

Jan 16, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #191 of 687
Makes a lot of sense to me. I've never heard the A6 but I do have the A6 mini and will probably never hear the A6....out of my financial reach. But I really like the the A6 mini.... but there is something missing in the lower mids. That's not to say it's not a really good IEM. The extra drivers obviously fill in and make the A6 such a great IEM. I do like the highs from the piezoelectric driver in the A6 mini and many instruments and female voices sound great through it.
Yup! Exactly, I own both and that's what makes the A6 so complete! The extra drivers fills in the MID's to give them the best extension and resolution possible. With the LOUD switch button on the OFF position the A6 and A6mini sound eerily similar, but push that LOUD switch to the ON position, and that's where the A6mini can't hang. The A6 just extends with fuller details all over the place to the point of sounding transparent and holographic sounding. No joke! But, my A6mini's will always hang a close second to them, IMHO!

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #192 of 687
HAHAAHHAHA What JUST What IS THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NEVER WOULD I HAVE THOUGHT THAT I WOULD DESCRIBE THE A6 MINI AS "MUDDY" AFTER TRYING THE A6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is the A6 better than the mini? HELL YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!:laughing:

Did I waste my money with the mini? HELL YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!:sob:

Jan 24, 2020 at 8:21 PM Post #193 of 687
HAHAAHHAHA What JUST What IS THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NEVER WOULD I HAVE THOUGHT THAT I WOULD DESCRIBE THE A6 MINI AS "MUDDY" AFTER TRYING THE A6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is the A6 better than the mini? HELL YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!:laughing:

Did I waste my money with the mini? HELL YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!:sob:
I really suggest you to try to put a little bit of cotton on the black default filters to reduce a bit of the harssness on the treble. I think it is a big game changer mod.

Jan 24, 2020 at 9:58 PM Post #194 of 687
I really suggest you to try to put a little bit of cotton on the black default filters to reduce a bit of the harssness on the treble. I think it is a big game changer mod.
To each their own good sir! I LOVE mine using the black filter and only hear pure clarity and midfi leading resolution. The A6 are really, really special indeed.

Jan 25, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #195 of 687
I use the Pink filters. my favourite and the Red is my second. I dont really like the black filters that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back