LZ A5
Jan 11, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #181 of 1,177
I’m using A5 with the red nozzle. (Previously, A4 black/pink) To my ears, they offer more details and the bass is more punchy . The soundstage is larger, offering a better separation on different instruments in a classical. My feeling is that A5 have a larger atmosphere and are more precise. The red nozzle is slightly more V-shaped than A4 black/pink, I guess.

I have no problem with the fit of A4, but I believe many would like the new shape of A5. Very comfortable.
All hail the first review! Lol :p

I expected the first review to be super in depth. This short and sweet review caught me by surprise.

However, as someone who has never used the A4s, I have nothing to reference the described sound. How's the sub-bass on them?

Jan 12, 2018 at 1:01 AM Post #182 of 1,177
All hail the first review! Lol :p

I expected the first review to be super in depth. This short and sweet review caught me by surprise.

However, as someone who has never used the A4s, I have nothing to reference the described sound. How's the sub-bass on them?

Those are just some early impressions I had after listening for a couple of hours.
More impressions are coming when others receive their A5s.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2018 at 7:50 AM Post #183 of 1,177
20180112_134846.jpg Now would you look at that?

Going to post impressions tonight.

Jan 12, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #184 of 1,177
I love black black on the A4s, and don't really like any other back. Largely because I don't like what Red back does to the soundstage.

Can someone compare the black backed soundstage to the A5 soundstage?

Jan 12, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #190 of 1,177
Ok so first impressions, after 2 hours of listening -

It's hard for me to get a good seal, but that's always been the case. I had to try ~10 different tips. Finally settled with the ones that give me the most optimal seal.

They came with black filters (+1 db on 3-10khz)
And they sound very harsh that way. A little more elevated than blue filter on A4's. Didn't like it at all.

Switched to grey filters (-1db) and things sound better. Still not as clean in the vocal range as I'd like.

Bass goes really low, definitely lower than on A4's. It rumbles more. Me likey. Resolution is overall improved as well. Soundstage seems a little bit wider. Treble is really good! Level of detail is astounding!

I'm impressed so far. Hopefully the mild sibilance and harshness on certain tracks goes away with burn in or something. I'll also try red filter soon.

Gonna give them a day of burn in before evaluating again.

Jan 12, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #191 of 1,177
Ok so first impressions, after 2 hours of listening -

It's hard for me to get a good seal, but that's always been the case. I had to try ~10 different tips. Finally settled with the ones that give me the most optimal seal.

They came with black filters (+1 db on 3-10khz)
And they sound very harsh that way. A little more elevated than blue filter on A4's. Didn't like it at all.

Switched to grey filters (-1db) and things sound better. Still not as clean in the vocal range as I'd like.

Bass goes really low, definitely lower than on A4's. It rumbles more. Me likey. Resolution is overall improved as well. Soundstage seems a little bit wider. Treble is really good! Level of detail is astounding!

I'm impressed so far. Hopefully the mild sibilance and harshness on certain tracks goes away with burn in or something. I'll also try red filter soon.

Gonna give them a day of burn in before evaluating again.
Nica impressions ,

Jan 12, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #194 of 1,177
A4 Silver cable looks Good!
How's the sensitivity on the A5? Are they Power hungry. is there any hiss with an external dac/amp?

From what I understand the A5 will be a bit more power-hungry than the A4.

The amount of hiss (or lack of) will greatly depend on the dac/amp used.

Jan 12, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #195 of 1,177

Users who are viewing this thread

Back