1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

LZ A5

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Next

Last
  1. Lidson Mendes Br
    awaiting impressions

stryed likes this.
  2. 1TrickPony
    They'd better sound good at that price tag!

DBaldock9 likes this.
  3. audioIQ
    Will post when I receive them, Haven't received my pair yet, that was a picture the seller sent me showing that they're ready to ship. I'll be getting them soon hopefully.

DBaldock9 and peter123 like this.
  4. Razornova
    Wow totally missed these... unfortunately my A4s didn't last long and gave in last week. Picked up an IT01 due to urgent withdrawal. Still interested to see how the A5s pan out, might pick a pair up anyway :D

5. Holypal
    The new AKG flagship N5005 is configured with 1DD+4BA. And also with 4 pair of filters.

Hope A5 can compete with N5005. It is possible.

6. audioIQ
    I think its quite unfair to expect a $270 IEM to compete with a $1000 IEM.

Broquen likes this.
  7. Nezzad1
    Why?
    Lz A4 is already at same level as shure se846.
    I expect A5 to beat it.

PacoBdn, Ahmad313 and DBaldock9 like this.
  8. phthora
    In your opinion, my friend. I would strongly disagree.

Ahmad313 likes this.
  9. stryed
    Is there a warranty? I find it outstanding that a pair that expensive doesn't last longer than a dirt cheap IEM. Would be piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeed if my IT01 died. I don't take it outside the house!:gun::rage::knife:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  10. Ahmad313
    agreed ,

11. phthora
    I think we all agree that if the A5 is even slightly better than the A4, that will be an impressive achievement. Knowing LZ, I imagine that it will be significantly better. And the ergonomics, while unimaginative, look to be very nicely done. If they can solve the occasional cable issues that the A4 had, even better.

12. Nezzad1
    Everyone hears thints differently. I auditioned the se846 and loved my A4 better.

On the other hand, i own an IE800, and find myself using the A4 more frequently. 800 does have a better treble but I love A4's mids more. Bass is comparable to my ears.

I still have enormous hopes for A5. And truly believe they will beat many IEMs around 1000 dolllars. We will have to wait and see (hear).

13. Nezzad1
    Everyone hears thints differently. I auditioned the se846 and loved my A4 better.

On the other hand, i own an IE800, and find myself using the A4 more frequently. 800 does have a better treble but I love A4's mids more. Bass is comparable to my ears.

I still have enormous hopes for A5. And truly believe they will beat many IEMs around 1000 dolllars. We will have to wait and see (hear).

14. phthora
    Quite true. And the 846's are divas. Matched with the wrong source (output impedance too high), they do not sound like their price-tag. Personally, even as a fan of the Shure house sound and having an ideal amp to pair with them, it took me a while to fully appreciate them. Not so with the A4.

And I would love if the A5 were giant-killers like that. Buuuuut... it's hard to imagine that happening. I'm more modestly hopeful. Better than the Oriveti New Primacy, the IT03, and the FLC 8S would be awesome enough for me and I bet those are the IEMs they have in the crosshairs.

Lidson Mendes Br and PacoBdn like this.
  15. Nezzad1
    Any improvement at this point, considering their price tag, is welcome.

Some people love flc8 more than se846 as well. It just depends on one's preference. What I know for certain is that A4 = IE800 in my (and many other people's) opinion. Which is a huge plus considering the enormous gap in price.

Come on, ship yourselves faster, A5's! I'm impatient.

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Next

Last