LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 4, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #1,306 of 5,225
Ah, I have not heard the 1More Triple's. I do really like the Zero's though. I bought three pairs as gifts and of course had a listen while burning them in. Cracking earphones for the price, and that soundstage!!! I need to listen to them again to directly compare with the soundstage on the A4s.

So yes, Triples I don't know. Zero compared to A4, I'd say is like video at 480p compared to video at 1080p. Plus the option of tuning to suit your tastes/needs. And that more three dimensional presentation.

I'd say stick with the Zeros for six months and save a little each month - then see what else is around and what other info is available about the A4 and maybe reconsider picking them up based on what you read. That's if you can resist buying more new gear for six months, and you are on Head-Fi so....well, you know.........

Hah thanks :) Well the 1More's are out for delivery today so i think I'll use them for 6 months and see how the A4 impressions keep rolling in.

Jan 4, 2017 at 2:02 AM Post #1,307 of 5,225
Hah thanks :) Well the 1More's are out for delivery today so i think I'll use them for 6 months and see how the A4 impressions keep rolling in.

I had the 1Mores in a trade with another member for a few weeks - never got chance to write them up but they are a beautiful sounding IEM in their own right and the packaging and "feel" is very high end so don't think you will be disappointed if you are coming from a warm sound like the Zero.

Personally, I think the A4 is a notch up, but the 1More certainly punched above its weight class in terms of overall sound and enjoyment for me so thin you'll have a very happy 6 months! :wink:

Jan 4, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #1,308 of 5,225
I had the 1Mores in a trade with another member for a few weeks - never got chance to write them up but they are a beautiful sounding IEM in their own right and the packaging and "feel" is very high end so don't think you will be disappointed if you are coming from a warm sound like the Zero.

Personally, I think the A4 is a notch up, but the 1More certainly punched above its weight class in terms of overall sound and enjoyment for me so thin you'll have a very happy 6 months! :wink:

Would you say the A4's are worth twice the price of the 1More's? Is there a huge difference?

Jan 4, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #1,309 of 5,225
Would you say the A4's are worth twice the price of the 1More's? Is there a huge difference?

Without being able to do a proper A/B, that's a difficult question to give an opinion on. From memory, the A4 beats the 1More in terms of resolution and soundstage, with a greater extension down into the sub bass. You start hitting the law of diminishing returns when you buy audio gear at this price point and above, where twice the money won't necessarily buy you twice the performance, and the 1More is definitely a high price to performance ratio IEM.

One thing I will say, though - I was happy to include the A4 in Comparisons I was doing against a $999 IEM I had in my possession - if I had the 1More, I probably wouldn't have included that.

So in summary: 1More is a beautifully tuned smooth sounding IEM with good detail levels. The A4 just has slightly more of everything on tap if my memory is correct - if you are happy with the 1More sound when you hear it, stop there - I started out buying various IEMs in that price bracket and now I don't bassy an eyelid shelling out for things like the A4 or Ibasso IT03 as they seem reasonable in price. This place is a graveyard for your wallet! :wink:

Jan 4, 2017 at 3:30 AM Post #1,310 of 5,225
This place is a graveyard for your wallet!
wink.gif

100% true haha.

Jan 4, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #1,311 of 5,225
Bit of a random one, but how would people think these might work for gaming? I use a pair of HyperX Cloud's connected to a Mixamp going to my PS4, but I just tried my Shozy Zero IEM's and the Shozy's sound just as good. So now I'm wondering if I can get away with selling my Cloud's and using the A4's for music and gaming.

Also, and this might be a sign that I shouldn't be buying these, I'm not able to log into the Penon site. I've reset my password twice, entered the password twice but not recognised. Now I'm locked out of Penon for an hour :D

Jan 4, 2017 at 6:48 AM Post #1,313 of 5,225
Ah screw it. Ordered from Penon. As mentioned before, I'd rather just get these and be done with IEM's. I don't have Golden Ears so anything better than these would likely be wasted on me anyway.

Hopefully these will be my end game IEM and last me a LONG time!

Now I need to re-read the thread as I haven't got a clue what filters I want, I'm not techie enough to know about frequencies etc. Any advice on biggest soundstage, a lot of bass, nice treble but not piercing and vocals to be clear?

Jan 4, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #1,314 of 5,225
Ah screw it. Ordered from Penon. As mentioned before, I'd rather just get these and be done with IEM's. I don't have Golden Ears so anything better than these would likely be wasted on me anyway.

Now I need to re-read the thread as I haven't got a clue what filters I want, I'm not techie enough to know about frequencies etc. Any advice on biggest soundstage, a lot of bass, nice treble but not piercing and vocals to be clear?

Red(b)/black(f), red(b)/green(f) and black(b)/red(f) would be a good place to start.

Jan 4, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #1,315 of 5,225

I had the 1More Tripke driver and returned them due to microphonics.
The sound was more subdued to my ears when compared to my A73. It had less treble fatigue for me than the A73 and more natural sound. I had to move volume up a notch with iPhone to get some of the details from the A73 with the triple driver.
I think the A4 is a step up in clarity detail, soundstage and bass from the A73 and triple driver. I can say to anymore whether something is worth double the price or $100 in this case
The triple driver is a nice IEM but the microphonics was intolerable for MY ears not necessarily others

I I am very happy with the A4 but I would never try to hype it and make it sound like it's the greatest thing out there as I think that's unfair but I'm honest with how I think it sounds and I know my ears are not as critical and able to pick up finer details like many of the members here.

In addition I don't have a lot of expensive IEM to compare and I feel like I'm more of an average Joe when it comes to this and if I can hear differences from my A73 that impresses me.

I suspect if you have a more extensive collection of IEM then it may be a tougher comparison because you may have products that perform better than what I own.

I think they are a fair price for what you get and one looked upon by them self they seem to be very impressive.

One thing I have learned is that when you get used to a sound signature from a given IEM it can be difficult to compare and be objective when listening to a new one. At first The A4 had a huge hurdle to overcome because of my brain's perception and the way I looked at the A73.
But I came to realize there was just a clearer smoother defined sound in all of the frequencies. I can't say it was huge but it was enough to make it more enjoyable and I got none of the fatiguing brightness from the A73.

My suggestion is when you get them listen to only them for a couple three days as you try to figure out what filter combinations you like and then make comparisons to other things. I am always interested in what other people have to say and I always take it with a grain of salt after my experience in the Trinity threads.

Jan 4, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #1,317 of 5,225
Just a follow-up question to those who are going with no back filter and using either green/black or blue front filters, what are your thoughts after a few days?

Do you see any concerns about damage to the IEM, do you lose Too much isolation etc.?

Jan 4, 2017 at 8:11 AM Post #1,318 of 5,225

nice one, they are a steal at the price, my AKG K3003 have not seen the light of day for more than 10 mins since I got these.... (and that was only to compare).  If anyone is interested, the main difference for me between the two is the A4 have more air and bigger soundstage.  K3003 are more intimate but have (slightly) better quality treble (cymbals sound more realistic etc) but only marginally.  LZ have really nailed it with these, hence I bought a spare pair!  Tricky to buy 'real' K3003' these days anyway, lots of clones out there! real ones new will cost you around $1000 or so, pretty hard to swallow when compared to the A4.

Jan 4, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #1,320 of 5,225
  Bit of a random one, but how would people think these might work for gaming? I use a pair of HyperX Cloud's connected to a Mixamp going to my PS4, but I just tried my Shozy Zero IEM's and the Shozy's sound just as good. So now I'm wondering if I can get away with selling my Cloud's and using the A4's for music and gaming.

The A4's work fine for gaming ( Black {B} Red {F} ) I use mine out of a Creative X7 with surprisingly good results.
IMHO not as great as certain open back headphones (K712!!!) ,but should keep up with where your Cloud was at based on my very shoddy recollection of my time with the Gen 1 version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back