LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 31, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #1,186 of 5,225
by the way I totally missed the burn -in comments in the manual as well too eager to listen to them. I accidentally saw the burn in info. Lol

I just got mine in today too and yes it's in there, but honestly, just do what I do. Listen and enjoy them and if any burn in happens, just enjoy as the sound changes. Besides, I am of the belief that most burn in is mental anyways. This way I also don't have to wait to enjoy my purchase.

Dec 31, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #1,187 of 5,225
In regards to asking for extra filters I feel the black is great for my tastes, but something between red and black back is quite appealing as I also feel the red can be loose at times. i would like access to buying replacements though, especially as those little rubber rings have potential for going walkies?!

Funny you bring that up - coming from another Dunu owner. Dunu bass tends to put out this in-between the Red and Black Bass filters. Totally agree with your assessment on brain burn in just to fully appreciate the traits of each filter:

Blue/f - Ambience. Diffused. Widest.
Black/f - Crisp in highs. Still wide.
Green/f - want more mids? Lol

I play with depth insertion and tips, and sometimes the black bass filter alleviates congestion, though the Red is my party bass filter. Edit:I can't help but dance with the Reds but I suck at it.

More Converts! Pledge your allegiance!

Dec 31, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #1,189 of 5,225
Welcome to LZ - A4 anonysmus audimus, my name ist Demian and i'm a green filter addict. The NOFILTERATALL / BACK and GREEN / FRONT is addicting as i am to them. It makes no sense, neither does life. Do your self a favor and try it.

Am I misunderstanding, your using no back filter at all?

Dec 31, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #1,191 of 5,225
Welcome to LZ - A4 anonysmus audimus, my name ist Demian and i'm a green filter addict. The NOFILTERATALL / BACK and GREEN / FRONT is addicting as i am to them. It makes no sense, neither does life. Do your self a favor and try it.

Sounds better to me. Similar to the FLC8 with Clear, None, Gray. A tad cleaner, with extra airiness.

Dec 31, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #1,196 of 5,225
You heard right nealh, menuki is going commando!

*Plot twist*

Does no filter provide deeper bass? Tighter?
Crap. Now another combo to try. You guys are killing me.

Dang I do not have my filter box so can't remove them without risk loss till Monday. Waaa

Dec 31, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #1,197 of 5,225
Does no filter provide deeper bass? Tighter?
Crap. Now another combo to try. You guys are killing me.

Dang I do not have my filter box so can't remove them without risk loss till Monday. Waaa

Bass with no backs feels similar to red backs though maybe slightly less tight. What does seem to happen though when removing the backs is the soundstage seems to widen a bit. Which seems to have the effect of taking a slight edge off the treble. So I put blue fronts back on.

So many options with these things!

Dec 31, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #1,199 of 5,225
I changed my front filter from blue to black with the black/back and my bass increased. I thought the back filters were for bass and the fronts for mids and treble???

​Well if you tone down the treble, and the bass stays the same, relatively its louder now compared to the treble, so I think that could very clearly make the bass seem louder.

Dec 31, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #1,200 of 5,225
​Well if you tone down the treble, and the bass stays the same, relatively its louder now compared to the treble, so I think that could very clearly make the bass seem louder.

That makes a lot of sense, I hadn't thought about that.. Thanks! Which front will smooth the treble and still give me the details that the blue front does?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back