LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 2, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #3,016 of 5,225
greetings!

Just joined. Decided to start phasing out my mediocre audio gear.

Based on the reviews here I have a pair of lz-a4 currently on the way.

Pretty curious though, to the guys using comply tips which size did you find works with the lz-a4?

Quick edit* I meant core size, ie 100, 200 etc

Comply don't have this model on their compatibility list, I sent them an email and the response was basically "if it's not on the list it isn't compatible"

Cheers

Mar 2, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #3,017 of 5,225
Anyone tried full red filters? I think this way the sound is so wide and detailed.

were you referring to the Red Vent + Blue Front Nozzle? I guess I never thought of eq'ing but to others suggestion that might actually do tyre trick without compromising soundstage.

Mar 2, 2017 at 6:48 AM Post #3,018 of 5,225
greetings!

Pretty curious though, to the guys using comply tips which size did you find works with the lz-a4?

Comply don't have this model on their compatibility list, I sent them an email and the response was basically "if it's not on the list it isn't compatible"

Cheers

I believe they come without their own set of comply tips.

Mar 2, 2017 at 7:01 AM Post #3,019 of 5,225
greetings!

Cheers

My tip preference are spiral dots and spinfits
The spiral dots have a nice large bore and allow the soundstage to shine. I did not like foam tips as it seemed to reduce some of the higher frequencies

Mar 2, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #3,022 of 5,225
Good Day!

I am in dire need of an IEM (all suggestions and guidance is most appreciated) that is outstanding for my taste of electronic music covering the usual suspects and the softer more vocal variants but still deliver the bass in an enjoyable way but not at the cost of say a female vocalist.

Any and all suggestions would be great.

Also am happy for these to be dedicated to EDM and the family around it.

Thank you :)

Mar 2, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #3,023 of 5,225
Good Day!

I am in dire need of an IEM (all suggestions and guidance is most appreciated) that is outstanding for my taste of electronic music covering the usual suspects and the softer more vocal variants but still deliver the bass in an enjoyable way but not at the cost of say a female vocalist.

Any and all suggestions would be great.

Also am happy for these to be dedicated to EDM and the family around it.

Thank you :)

Well you are in the LZ-A4 thread....

How about the A4. Lol

I think many here would say that it's an excellent all-around product with the ability to turn on the sound to your personal preference

Mar 2, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #3,024 of 5,225

How about the A4. Lol

I think many here would say that it's an excellent all-around product with the ability to turn on the sound to your personal preference

I agree the A4 is boss for EDM (and everything else)!

Mar 2, 2017 at 7:59 AM Post #3,025 of 5,225
No I referred to the Red Vent + Red Front. 

I didn't really gel with it though, though I admit it's probably the biggest bass sounding configuration out out the bunch. There's someone else that favored this setup, so yeah, you're not alone.

Mar 2, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #3,026 of 5,225
  Just tried red/red out of curiosity. I normally prefer the bass quantity of the black back filters, but suddenly the bass drums on Metallica's "...and justice for all" album sound coherent. Which is an achievement most headphones out there can't pull off. Nice.

Red/black
No back/black

FTW

I wonder which set LZ prefers @DUYU can you ask him ?

Maybe black/black was his core tuning reference, hence the colours matching the shell.

Mar 2, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #3,028 of 5,225

How about the A4. Lol

Yeah I know... The A4 looks great, I just wanted to know if this IS the best choice of IEM for EDM. Peeps may think another IEM is more suited for the music - that's why I asked lol :wink:

Mar 2, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #3,030 of 5,225
Bingo, black/black. He also likes blue nozzle.

There we have it ! It is one I sometimes gravitate to, though I like the fuller low-end on red backs for thumping electronic music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back