LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 19, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #2,732 of 5,225
Hi guys is there anyone tried both SHURE SE846 VS LZ A4 i know they are defferent thing but just like
To know how much different ?
Cheers

I think SteveKiwi did mention that he owns the 846 as well. curious on his take.

Feb 19, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #2,733 of 5,225
Actually I ordered the a4 through gearbest around 2 week ago finally they refuse to ship and I got the refund
the same time i bought the se846 for very reasonable price i am listing to them few days i am not sure i am gonna like it
i feel something is missing for my taste and eartip fitting issue

Feb 19, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #2,734 of 5,225

You can't really have smoothness like the A4's and sparkle at the same time IMO.

Agreed. It's far too smooth to have that type of sparkly treble energy, but that being said nothing is missed out up top, there's still plenty of detail in there. I think someone wanting a hybrid with bit more sparkle maybe should look towards the Dunu Dn 2000... and if you want a LOT MORE sparkle look towards it's little brother the Dunu Dn 1000.

Since the cable went on my LZ A4 I've been debating whether it's worth paying for an expensive cable or just going for a completely new IEM (it's been a while since I treated myself :wink: Been looking at the MaGaosi K3 Hybrid HLSX. I love the HLSX BK50.

Not sure how obvious it is, but the little inner copper wire has split. It wasn't from a tug or accident, just from daily use... 6-7 weeks. Don't know if i can be bother getting a replacement, all that trouble. The guy from Penon was great up until I told him about this... then no reply. Sods law as I was finishing of a review when it happened lol.

Feb 19, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #2,735 of 5,225
Even though i love the sound of the LZA4 with many different genres, they don't do so well with live rock music, probably down to the smooth overall sound and thick (but luscious) bass. I listen to a lot of Queen live and they get a bit messy with busier tracks, especially as the bass player John deacon throws some seriously big bass notes out...  it can sound a bit congested at times. Whereas in more slower acoustic tracks they really shine with smooth clear vocals and wonderful as-if-you-were-there guitar. Anybody else find this?

... I hope I haven't asked this before as I'm getting some deja vu lol... I've been away for a while from HF as work has been hectic :frowning2:

EDIT : Spelling

Feb 19, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #2,737 of 5,225
Agreed. It's far too smooth to have that type of sparkly treble energy, but that being said nothing is missed out up top, there's still plenty of detail in there. I think someone wanting a hybrid with bit more sparkle maybe should look towards the Dunu Dn 2000... and if you want a LOT MORE sparkle look towards it's little brother the Dunu Dn 1000.

Since the cable went on my LZ A4 I've been debating whether it's worth paying for an expensive cable or just going for a completely new IEM (it's been a while since I treated myself :wink: Been looking at the MaGaosi K3 Hybrid HLSX. I love the HLSX BK50.

Not sure how obvious it is, but the little inner copper wire has split. It wasn't from a tug or accident, just from daily use... 6-7 weeks. Don't know if i can be bother getting a replacement, all that trouble. The guy from Penon was great up until I told him about this... then no reply. Sods law as I was finishing of a review when it happened lol.

shouldn't you get a free replacement since you're under warrantee? I've had mine for nearly two months and haven't had issues with the cable. knock on wood. others haven't spent a fortune either on 3rd party cables -- some vouch for the fidue a83 cable as alternate, others paid even less and were glad for theirs. If you can get it free...I say why not?!?

Feb 19, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #2,738 of 5,225

Take a look at the recent review of the MaGaosi K3.  I think the reviewer (TwinACStacks if I recall correctly) liked it more than the LZ-A4.   

Somebody was saying the LZ-A4 gets a big congested in the bass.    That is something that I experience a bit with the LZ-A2; but then again it has copious bass and for rock that works well.  At least for me.

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #2,739 of 5,225
Hi guys! Do you think the LZ A4 will benefit from upgrading to balanced cable when paired with the Lotoo Paw5K?

When I connect the LZ A4 in balanced mode to my DP-X1, the Bass has better impact, and the sound-stage seems larger.
I'm not sure how much these effects are due to qualities of the balanced vs single-ended amps in the DP-X1, and how much is due to the earphones.

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #2,740 of 5,225
Even though i love the sound of the LZA4 with many different genres, they don't do so well with live rock music, probably down to the smooth overall sound and thick (but luscious) bass. I listen to a lot of Queen live and they get a bit messy with busier tracks, especially as the bass player John deacon throws some seriously big bass notes out...  it can sound a bit congested at times. Whereas in more slower acoustic tracks they really shine with smooth clear vocals and wonderful as-if-you-were-there guitar. Anybody else find this?

... I hope I haven't asked this before as I'm getting some deja vu lol... I've been away for a while from HF as work has been hectic :frowning2:

EDIT : Spelling

The killers sound terrible on my A4. Strokes sounds a little off but not horrid like the killers. Everything else is great though.

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #2,741 of 5,225
   Take a look at the recent review of the MaGaosi K3.  I think the reviewer liked it more than the LZ-A4.   

Somebody was saying the LZ-A4 gets a big congested in the bass.    That is something that I experience a bit with the LZ-A2; but then again it has copious bass and for rock that works well.  At least for me.

Sounds very interesting this K3.

Hard to get a bearing on the subjectivity of the review, but it raises some eyebrows.  

I wouldn't say the LZ-A4 get's a big congested in the bass.  It's not the tightest I've ever heard, but congestion in the lower frequencies isn't something I have observed/heard.

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:29 PM Post #2,743 of 5,225
shouldn't you get a free replacement since you're under warrantee? I've had mine for nearly two months and haven't had issues with the cable. knock on wood. others haven't spent a fortune either on 3rd party cables -- some vouch for the fidue a83 cable as alternate, others paid even less and were glad for theirs. If you can get it free...I say why not?!?

I should... but I'm also lazy :wink:

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #2,745 of 5,225
Anyone bought lz a4 from **** store? Is it reliable?

He is the only seller I use but he is banned from discussion here. Go to first page of the Chinese IEM thread for explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back