Lyr 3 - The new Coherence™ and Continuity™ hybrid amplifier from Schiit - Impression & discussion thread
Mar 21, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #31 of 3,355
Looking forward to impressions, I wonder if the Valhalla is next in line for a refresh...
I'd wager you will see more analog board upgrades, the Sol, the gadget, etc. be announced before the V2 gets anything.

Mar 21, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #32 of 3,355
Has anyone ever tried powder coating a Schiit chassis? It might be cool to see a HotRod Red Bimby / Lyr 3 stack.

Or that deep dark British Racing Green. The old Dodge Challenger Plum Crazy Purple perhaps?

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #34 of 3,355
Has anyone ever tried powder coating a Schiit chassis? It might be cool to see a HotRod Red Bimby / Lyr 3 stack.

Or that deep dark British Racing Green. The old Dodge Challenger Plum Crazy Purple perhaps?

Great idea. You should do that, and report back. With photos. :L3000:

Mar 22, 2018 at 1:01 AM Post #35 of 3,355

There have been some who have plasti-dipped their Schiit.

Mar 22, 2018 at 8:01 AM Post #37 of 3,355
Looking forward to impressions, I wonder if the Valhalla is next in line for a refresh...

I'd wager you will see more analog board upgrades, the Sol, the gadget, etc. be announced before the V2 gets anything.

Read Jasons post about the release..the Valhalla will not be getting a refresh...probably not ever.

Mar 22, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #39 of 3,355
Two days ago I was debating between a Lyr 2 and a V200 and ended up ordering a V200 and a Modi multibit dac. The Lyr 3 looks very interesting, I will probably get one with the phono input since I plan on getting a turntable also. How’s the Schiit amps reliability wise ? Are there frequent “gremlins” ? Cheers

Mar 22, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #40 of 3,355
I’ve owned quite a few Schiit amps and DACs over the years and I haven’t had a single problem. And their customer service is excellent too.

Nothing but good experiences so far.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2018 at 8:31 PM Post #41 of 3,355
I’ve owned quite a few Schiit amps and DACs over the years and I haven’t had a single problem. And their customer service is excellent too.

Nothing but good experiences so far.
Myself as well. I did return a few things, but I haven't had anything break on me.

Mar 24, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #44 of 3,355
Been listening to mine for a while. Once i can get a few tubes burned in and rolled through, i might have something to say. :)

Mar 24, 2018 at 7:59 PM Post #45 of 3,355
Been listening to mine for a while. Once i can get a few tubes burned in and rolled through, i might have something to say. :)

Would you’d providing some early impressions, I am in a situation where I need to make a quick decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back