Lyr 3 - The new Coherence™ and Continuity™ hybrid amplifier from Schiit - Impression & discussion thread
Apr 18, 2018 at 3:30 AM Post #601 of 3,350
No necesitá usarlo il jot in bilanciato... Scusí per la mia italiano.
Hope to heck I said you don’t have to use jot balanced, but the rust is so thick on mt italian, I might have told him to run over it with his car...

Don't worry :) your italian is better than my english.
I think that if you buy a balanced amp you buy it to use the balanced out that is more powerful.. I tried a pair of modded beyer. With the balanced out they shined, one of the best bass i have ever heard, with single ended they sounded with half the musicality. Tried with the internal dac and the mojo i had back then

Apr 18, 2018 at 3:51 AM Post #602 of 3,350
The mimby uses the same multibit dac as the lyr and bifrost.

But the Mimby implementation is different and sounds better according to people whose ears I trust. Also, the 16 bit multibit DACs sound crappy cold, sound pretty good after being on for an hour, and sound their best after being on for a few hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 18, 2018 at 4:08 AM Post #603 of 3,350
Do the LISST tubes give a blacker background compared to the normal tubes?

I didn’t listen too long with it tonight, but it was a bit better from what I remember, I’ll give it some more play time this weekend when I have time n see what I think overall...granted the things brand new and probably needs to run for a while, I’ll throw it in and run the amp non stop for a day n see if the sq is on par with a good tube...it came out relitively quickly tonight as it just didn’t have anything on the tubes I have.

Apr 18, 2018 at 4:12 AM Post #604 of 3,350
People are just trying to save you money from buying escentially a more limited version of what you already have...there’s rlly no argument needed. The mimby is the same dac with more features and better implementation. No ones saying the lyr3’s dac sucks, but yours is simply better...and the 200$ you save can buy you something nice.

Apr 18, 2018 at 4:21 AM Post #605 of 3,350
I didn’t listen too long with it tonight, but it was a bit better from what I remember, I’ll give it some more play time this weekend when I have time n see what I think overall...granted the things brand new and probably needs to run for a while, I’ll throw it in and run the amp non stop for a day n see if the sq is on par with a good tube...it came out relitively quickly tonight as it just didn’t have anything on the tubes I have.
Ok thank you! :)

Apr 18, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #606 of 3,350
Anyone try the Lyr3 with Audeze LCD2C or the Aeon Flow Open/Closed?

Thanks

Apr 18, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #607 of 3,350
Schiit finally got the lisst tube to me today, and it’s actually not bad from early impressions. I definately don’t like it as much as my top tubes, but it has really good extension and solid bass impact(more so then any of my tubes). But it’s just lacking something that I can’t put my finger on just yet. I don’t hate it, but I’m not In love with it like a few tubes I have. Either way, something to experiment with. It’s nice that this amp is so versatile. Iv still yet to use a tube that I just couldn’t stand...some I just prefer more then others.

It's missing soul (with due credit to ProfFalkin for his expertly coined phrase on that a while back). :slight_smile:

Apr 18, 2018 at 7:57 AM Post #608 of 3,350
Anyone try the Lyr3 with Audeze LCD2C or the Aeon Flow Open/Closed?

Thanks

I just got a pair of Aeon Closed. Only a brief listen last night which was very encouraging. More later after I get everything (including my ears) all settled in.

Apr 18, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #609 of 3,350
I have the LISST's for my MJ2 and all of the previous comments vs tubes apply to it as well.

Apr 18, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #610 of 3,350
Apr 18, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #611 of 3,350
People covered this a while back in the thread.

I appreciate your honesty, but looking through roughly 400 messages is very time consuming and not too productive.
I searched, found nothing, so I ask.
Thanks

Apr 18, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #612 of 3,350
It is time consuming to make double post as well. Found this in 2 seconds - Post # 170

I have yet to read about a pairing, that did not go well with Lyr 3. That goes for tubes and headphones. Lyr 3 is a really good amp, and a different tube can fine tune it, to work with any headphones.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #613 of 3,350
Don't worry :) your italian is better than my english.
I think that if you buy a balanced amp you buy it to use the balanced out that is more powerful.. I tried a pair of modded beyer. With the balanced out they shined, one of the best bass i have ever heard, with single ended they sounded with half the musicality. Tried with the internal dac and the mojo i had back then
Thanks for the vote of confidence in my italian! Since Lyr 3 has much more power, single-ended, it would be interesting to see if those modded beyers are as good!

Apr 18, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #614 of 3,350
Thanks for the vote of confidence in my italian! Since Lyr 3 has much more power, single-ended, it would be interesting to see if those modded beyers are as good!
I am sure the bayers will sound amazing on the Lyr 3.

Apr 18, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #615 of 3,350
I have the LISST's for my MJ2 and all of the previous comments vs tubes apply to it as well.

Any feedback on the Abyss and the Lyr 3, looking forward to reading your thoughts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back