Lyr 3 - The new Coherence™ and Continuity™ hybrid amplifier from Schiit - Impression & discussion thread
Apr 17, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #586 of 3,350
I am really needing to get the Multibit Lyr 3 and sell my Vali 2 and Modi Multibit.

Apr 17, 2018 at 11:19 PM Post #587 of 3,350
I am really needing to get the Multibit Lyr 3 and sell my Vali 2 and Modi Multibit.
If you already have the Modi Multibit, it may be better then buying the lyr with internal multibit since you can’t leave it on all the time...unless you want a simple all in one solution.

Apr 17, 2018 at 11:46 PM Post #588 of 3,350
If you already have the Modi Multibit, it may be better then buying the lyr with internal multibit since you can’t leave it on all the time...unless you want a simple all in one solution.
Schiit said the only one they recommend leaving on was the 24/7 is the Yggdrasil so I am not worried about leaving on the other multibits anymore. Although leaving on the others will not degrade them it is not needed.

Apr 17, 2018 at 11:58 PM Post #589 of 3,350
Ehh, schiit gave a staged customer service answer via email imo...the designer of the multibit products has said quite a few times that he leaves all his multibit products on. It’s not needed obviously as they have units that simply can’t stay on like the lyr3. But it definately helps with the sound quality.

Apr 18, 2018 at 12:00 AM Post #590 of 3,350
As much as I love the Chord products for their Digital to Analog conversion, their analog section is not great. I agree it is really a very simple analog section to retain transparency. But what they lack is power, macro-dynamics and soundstage. Lyr 3 provides better sub-bass extension, macro-dynamics and stage compared to the Hugo 2. I do lose a touch of transparency and the total dark background once I introduce the Lyr 3 between the Hugo2 and my headphone. But its a tradeoff to get the aspects that only desktop amps can provide.

Thank you for the explanation!

The Mojo is a small, 0.4 lbs portable gadget while the Lyr 3 is a 6 lbs desktop amp. They should be in a different leauge, I just wanted to make sure they really are. I love the idea of the Lyr 3 as a hybrid headamp with an integrated and upgradable DAC!

Apr 18, 2018 at 12:03 AM Post #591 of 3,350

The Mojo is a small, 0.4 lbs portable gadget while the Lyr 3 is a 6 lbs desktop amp. They should be in a different leauge, I just wanted to make sure they really are. I love the idea of the Lyr 3 as a hybrid headamp with an integrated and upgradable DAC!

The dac units between the mojo and multibit compete step by step with each other aslong as dsd and mqa aren’t important to you then it’s basically super small differences in sound quality but both are great, but as an amp, for obvious reasons they can’t be compared, ones portable and ones not. But the total package of the two imo, say when using headphones that both can power to the max with zero issues like a pair of grados, the lyr walks all over the mojo imo.

Apr 18, 2018 at 12:10 AM Post #592 of 3,350
The dac units between the mojo and multibit compete step by step with each other aslong as dsd and mqa aren’t important to you then it’s basically super small differences in sound quality but both are great, but as an amp, for obvious reasons they can’t be compared, ones portable and ones not. But the total package of the two imo, say when using headphones that both can power to the max with zero issues like a pair of grados, the lyr walks all over the mojo imo.

Thanks a lot, this makes perfect sense! :sunglasses::thumbsup:

Apr 18, 2018 at 12:23 AM Post #593 of 3,350
Schiit finally got the lisst tube to me today, and it’s actually not bad from early impressions. I definately don’t like it as much as my top tubes, but it has really good extension and solid bass impact(more so then any of my tubes). But it’s just lacking something that I can’t put my finger on just yet. I don’t hate it, but I’m not In love with it like a few tubes I have. Either way, something to experiment with. It’s nice that this amp is so versatile. Iv still yet to use a tube that I just couldn’t stand...some I just prefer more then others.

Apr 18, 2018 at 12:53 AM Post #594 of 3,350

The mojo sounds like stale bread with fuzzy mold on it compared to the Lyr 3 + a competent source.

Apr 18, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #597 of 3,350
Also the Mimby reportedly sounds better than the Lyr MB card and you can use an Eitr with the Mimby.

No reason to sell until you are ready for Gumby.
I agree.

My Lyr3 has the MB card, and I use the lyr with the Mimby because it sounds better.

Keep the Mimby. Save the $200. Or, get an Eitr for it. Or a nice headphone cable. Or whatever else. The Mimby is tiny. Having the space isn't really a valid argument when you can stack the Mimby on top the Lyr. Just saying.

Apr 18, 2018 at 2:49 AM Post #598 of 3,350
dove l'hai visto a 580 in italia? proaudio non lo ha ancora a listino e a maggio quando sarà disponibile in italia si suppone costerà quanto costa adesso il lyr2 ossia 490....
comunque il jot io lo eviterei perchè devi usarlo in bilanciato e per ogni cuffia devi poi avere il cavo terminato in bilanciato.. altri soldi
No necesitá usarlo il jot in bilanciato... Scusí per la mia italiano.
Hope to heck I said you don’t have to use jot balanced, but the rust is so thick on mt italian, I might have told him to run over it with his car...

Apr 18, 2018 at 2:53 AM Post #599 of 3,350
Also the Mimby reportedly sounds better than the Lyr MB card and you can use an Eitr with the Mimby.

No reason to sell until you are ready for Gumby.
The mimby uses the same multibit dac as the lyr and bifrost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 18, 2018 at 3:03 AM Post #600 of 3,350
Schiit finally got the lisst tube to me today, and it’s actually not bad from early impressions. I definately don’t like it as much as my top tubes, but it has really good extension and solid bass impact(more so then any of my tubes). But it’s just lacking something that I can’t put my finger on just yet. I don’t hate it, but I’m not In love with it like a few tubes I have. Either way, something to experiment with. It’s nice that this amp is so versatile. Iv still yet to use a tube that I just couldn’t stand...some I just prefer more then others.
Do the LISST tubes give a blacker background compared to the normal tubes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back