Lyr 3 - The new Coherence™ and Continuity™ hybrid amplifier from Schiit - Impression & discussion thread
Apr 15, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #496 of 3,350
Ok! But using LISST tubes: is it like having a true ss-amp? Or are there some differences?
The Lyr amps become 100% SS when the LISST tubes are used.

Apr 15, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #497 of 3,350
The Lyr amps become 100% SS when the LISST tubes are used.
Ok perfect... So I'll add a LISST tube in the shopping chart :)

Apr 15, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #498 of 3,350
Ok perfect... So I'll add a LISST tube in the shopping chart :)
Just FYI,
While I'm not totally sure about this (you should double-check with your dealer), by selecting the LISST tube when purchasing the Lyr 3, you are substituting the stock tube for the LISST, so it won't ship with both, just one or the other.
If you want both, you need to also add the one you didn't select to the order, and the cost works out to be nearly the same ether way you do it.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #499 of 3,350
Just FYI,
While I'm not totally sure about this (you should double-check with your dealer), by selecting the LISST tube when purchasing the Lyr 3, you are substituting the stock tube for the LISST, so it won't ship with both, just one or the other.
If you want both, you need to also add the one you didn't select to the order, and the cost works out to be nearly the same ether way you do it.
Ok I'll take care of this when I buy the Amp :)

Apr 15, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #500 of 3,350
Ok! But using LISST tubes: is it like having a true ss-amp? Or are there some differences?
It is true SS, but I think a more important question is: Does it sound good?

A: It's not Terrible. Any of the stock tubes sound noticeably better. If you want SS, get the Jotunheim. It has better sound stage than the Lyr3 + LISST, better clarity, etc.

Apr 15, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #501 of 3,350
It is true SS, but I think a more important question is: Does it sound good?

A: It's not Terrible. Any of the stock tubes sound noticeably better. If you want SS, get the Jotunheim. It has better sound stage than the Lyr3 + LISST, better clarity, etc.
Ah! But I’ve heard that The Jotunheim was quite bright, isn’t it?

Apr 15, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #502 of 3,350

dove l'hai visto a 580 in italia? proaudio non lo ha ancora a listino e a maggio quando sarà disponibile in italia si suppone costerà quanto costa adesso il lyr2 ossia 490....
comunque il jot io lo eviterei perchè devi usarlo in bilanciato e per ogni cuffia devi poi avere il cavo terminato in bilanciato.. altri soldi

Apr 15, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #503 of 3,350
Mine isn't.

Out of the 4 Jots I've heard, only one was a bit tizzy up top, and that was a release-day ordered Jot.

Apr 15, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #504 of 3,350
dove l'hai visto a 580 in italia? proaudio non lo ha ancora a listino e a maggio quando sarà disponibile in italia si suppone costerà quanto costa adesso il lyr2 ossia 490....
comunque il jot io lo eviterei perchè devi usarlo in bilanciato e per ogni cuffia devi poi avere il cavo terminato in bilanciato.. altri soldi
I disagree. I used single ended connections on my Jotunheim as well as the balanced, and they both sound fine.

Apr 15, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #505 of 3,350
https://www.schiit-europe.com/
Il loro sito ufficiale :)
Per i cavi per me non ci sarebbero tanti problemi perché li ho già in realtà... xD

Apr 15, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #506 of 3,350
Mine isn't.

Out of the 4 Jots I've heard, only one was a bit tizzy up top, and that was a release-day ordered Jot.
ok that could be a game changer for me... The possibility to have The balanced connection...

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #507 of 3,350
I disagree. I used single ended connections on my Jotunheim as well as the balanced, and they both sound fine.
How can you compare The Jotunheim Single Ended vs Balanced Vs Lyr 3 with true tubes ( like the Russian or the one you prefer ) in background noise, clarity, imaging and bass response? Thank you :)

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #508 of 3,350
How can you compare The Jotunheim Single Ended vs Balanced Vs Lyr 3 with true tubes ( like the Russian or the one you prefer ) in background noise, clarity, imaging and bass response? Thank you :)
With headphones.

Apr 15, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #509 of 3,350
Apr 15, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #510 of 3,350
I can only speak to experience comparing Jot to MJ2. There is no comparison IMHO. MJ2 has that smooth tubey goodness that makes Jot feel a bit sterile to me (not bad, just cleaned up). If Lyr 3 is approaching MJ2 territory (or surpassing it!! as some on here seem to indicate), I would not worry about going balanced. You will get full power from Lyr 3. If I were starting from scratch and wasn't already so far down this balanced rabbit hole, I might change course myself. But hey, with MJ2/Gumby I have a premium stack for one place, and with Jumby I have a portable mb amp that is transportable and I don't have to worry about breaking tubes. It literally travels in my gym bag.
Bourbon of the moment: Blade and Bow, Louisville, KY

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back