Lyr 3 - The new Coherence™ and Continuity™ hybrid amplifier from Schiit - Impression & discussion thread
Jul 24, 2021 at 10:51 PM Post #2,792 of 3,356
Thanks you, I think I’ll order in black to match my set-up and I’ll be using Audeze LCD-X and Sennheiser HD650
I have both asgard 3 and lyr 3 (oddly, also with a Psvane tennis ball at the moment), both amps will drive those xans with no problem. Whichever you get, enjoy!

Jul 25, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #2,794 of 3,356
Just curious what type of tube riser are you using?
I just added them to Lyr3 and Saga, got them from Amplified Parts in the PHX area.
63501DF6-2E60-41C5-A975-0DD314360D05.jpeg

Aug 9, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #2,796 of 3,356
Curious if anyone is using the Lyr 3 with the HE1000 V2?

Seems like this thread isn’t as active when compared to the general Schiit thread.

I know it’s not the headphones you’re asking about, but I tested out my Empyreans yesterday with the Lyr 3. Very smooth sound overall, impactful bass, and good imaging. Seems like a good amp for planars. I preferred it over the Jot 2.

Aug 9, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #2,797 of 3,356
A bit closer to your specific head phone pairing question — the Lyr 3 pairs very well with Aryas. Has the power to drive low sensitivity planars and the tube coloration tends to also smooth out any potential issues in the highs. Imaging and impact also very good.

Aug 9, 2021 at 6:48 PM Post #2,798 of 3,356
A bit closer to your specific head phone pairing question — the Lyr 3 pairs very well with Aryas. Has the power to drive low sensitivity planars and the tube coloration tends to also smooth out any potential issues in the highs. Imaging and impact also very good.
Thanks for that. Should I get a different tube before it arrives or is the stock tube ok?

Aug 9, 2021 at 7:05 PM Post #2,799 of 3,356
Thanks for that. Should I get a different tube before it arrives or is the stock tube ok?
The stock tube is ok but I’ve had better listening experience with Shuguang CV-181-Z and Sophia Blue Glass (they also look really cool). More economical options — I’ve also had really good experience with old Soviet Foton and Melz NOS tubes in an OFT amp so I’m trying them out in the Lyr 3 shortly. Will advise next week on how they do.

Aug 9, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #2,800 of 3,356
The stock tube is ok but I’ve had better listening experience with Shuguang CV-181-Z and Sophia Blue Glass (they also look really cool). More economical options — I’ve also had really good experience with old Soviet Foton and Melz NOS tubes in an OFT amp so I’m trying them out in the Lyr 3 shortly. Will advise next week on how they do.
Where did you buy the Shuguang CV-181-Z and Sophia Blue Glass ?
and how long do they need to burn in?

Aug 9, 2021 at 7:13 PM Post #2,801 of 3,356
The Shug via Amazon. The Sophia Electric directly from their website. Unfortunately, Sophia looks to be out of stock for 6SN7. They are very pricey so I’d suggest the Soviet stuff first. I got them from valvesNmore. The Shug and Sophia needed at least two weeks (~80 hours) as I recall. They were ok out of the box but definitely mellowed nicely after the 2-3 week mark.

Aug 9, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #2,802 of 3,356
The Shug via Amazon. The Sophia Electric directly from their website. Unfortunately, Sophia looks to be out of stock for 6SN7. They are very pricey so I’d suggest the Soviet stuff first. I got them from valvesNmore. The Shug and Sophia needed at least two weeks (~80 hours) as I recall. They were ok out of the box but definitely mellowed nicely after the 2-3 week mark.
know anything about the 6SN7GTB - Tung Sol? They seem easy to get.

Aug 9, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #2,803 of 3,356
Yes, the Tung Sols are good and now that you mention it probably a better place to start before going down the tube rabbit hole I’m going down.

Aug 10, 2021 at 7:01 PM Post #2,804 of 3,356
Yes, the Tung Sols are good and now that you mention it probably a better place to start before going down the tube rabbit hole I’m going down.
Agree. Oddly, that’s what Schiit used to supply with Lyr3. I got that with mine (and a LISST). I do like the Psvane 6SN7-UK and the -SE ‘Tennis ball’ (the latter looks cool). I have but have yet to try their CV181-T MKII, which I cannot help but think is hiding something…

Aug 10, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #2,805 of 3,356
Agree. Oddly, that’s what Schiit used to supply with Lyr3. I got that with mine (and a LISST). I do like the Psvane 6SN7-UK and the -SE ‘Tennis ball’ (the latter looks cool). I have but have yet to try their CV181-T MKII, which I cannot help but think is hiding something…
Do you know what they are shipping with now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back