Lyr 3 - The new Coherence™ and Continuity™ hybrid amplifier from Schiit - Impression & discussion thread
Jun 27, 2021 at 6:47 AM Post #2,776 of 3,356
as long as the adapter is a good quality one it shouldnt make any difference, one just can do it the other way around
Or you take it as an excuse to get yourself a nice new cable, like always depends on the depth of your wallet :p
Thx mate
Traillii stock cable selling for 2k bucks - no way I will buy another cable 😉

Jun 27, 2021 at 6:48 AM Post #2,777 of 3,356
Lyr 3 is a great amp, especially for planars and other power-hungry cans. Honestly, for the photo, just take a look at the black Asgard, other than the lettering, and the 6SN7-sized hole in the top, it’s pretty much the same. Running mine right now with a Psvane 6SN7-SE (tennis ball), couldn’t be happier.

what headphones will you be using?
Thanks you, I think I’ll order in black to match my set-up and I’ll be using Audeze LCD-X and Sennheiser HD650

Jun 27, 2021 at 8:40 PM Post #2,778 of 3,356
Thx mate
Traillii stock cable selling for 2k bucks - no way I will buy another cable 😉
Assuming you want to stick with balanced, there are 4.4 to XLR or 3.5 adapters out there, just took a quick look on amazon. You might try an IEMagni as well…

Jun 28, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #2,779 of 3,356
I’ve been comparing the Shuguang CV181-Z and Psvane CV181-TII in the Lyr3 and thought that I had my preferences sorted out. Then I swapped the moderately worn pads on the HD6XX for fresh ones, and now the preferred order might just be the other way around… oh well, back to do some more listening! :beyersmile:

Jun 28, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #2,780 of 3,356
I could be mistaken but I believe the key people at Shuguang became key people at Psvane and are now key at Linlai. While tube shapes and finishes and packaging may vary, the lineage of the Linlai looks like 3rd generation.

Jun 28, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #2,781 of 3,356
I could be mistaken but I believe the key people at Shuguang became key people at Psvane and are now key at Linlai. While tube shapes and finishes and packaging may vary, the lineage of the Linlai looks like 3rd generation.
That’s how I understand it as well. Your regular tube manufacturing soap-opera if there ever was one, but it also makes the Linlai offerings all the more interesting.

Jun 28, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #2,782 of 3,356
I’ve been comparing the Shuguang CV181-Z and Psvane CV181-TII in the Lyr3 and thought that I had my preferences sorted out. Then I swapped the moderately worn pads on the HD6XX for fresh ones, and now the preferred order might just be the other way around… oh well, back to do some more listening! :beyersmile:
Make a note for when these pads wear a bit… 😂

Jun 29, 2021 at 7:46 AM Post #2,783 of 3,356
Make a note for when these pads wear a bit… 😂
”Moderately” in this case means a year of usage, every day, but yeah, probably the change in sound signature as the pads wear will overshadow the change between some tubes.

I’ve made a habit of changing the pads annually, before they degrade too far, and that time was due now, anyway.

Jul 16, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #2,784 of 3,356
I have reviewed Lyr 3 two years ago and I loved it.
Great amp even with the stock tube.

Enjoy!
✨✨I would love to read your review, please send link🤛🏼

Jul 16, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #2,785 of 3,356
✨✨I would love to read your review, please send link🤛🏼
Thank you.
Unfortunately the review is available only in hxosplus printed edition and at Greek.
I would be glad to send you a PDF scan of it but I don't know if you can translate it from there.
If you are interested shoot me a PM.

Jul 23, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #2,786 of 3,356
Anyone here add the Lokius into their Lyr3 stack yet? If so - where did you place it and did you notice any hum? 🤔 Thank you in advance!

Jul 23, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #2,787 of 3,356
See my reply in the BF2 thread... :D

Jul 24, 2021 at 1:27 AM Post #2,788 of 3,356
Sometimes the stock tube that comes with the Lyr 3 is well, EXCELLENT!

...and it is!

Perfect match for my Emperyeans....

1623849733161.png

i have a Jot 2 on order with no delivery date in sight. I saw that they now offer a black Lyr 3 and considering that too. Did you ever get to compare the Jot 2 to the Lyr 3 with the Empyreans?

Jul 24, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #2,789 of 3,356
i have a Jot 2 on order with no delivery date in sight. I saw that they now offer a black Lyr 3 and considering that too. Did you ever get to compare the Jot 2 to the Lyr 3 with the Empyreans?
Yes I have both of the amps and a Jot 1 for years...either the Jot 2 or Lyr 3 will do just fine...very little difference.

Both have way more than enough power to light up the Empys...

The Jot 2 with balanced and se might be the better choice in the long run depending on your cables and "bias"...

Again either one is great with the Empys...

Good Luck!
Alex

Jul 24, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #2,790 of 3,356
Yes I have both of the amps and a Jot 1 for years...either the Jot 2 or Lyr 3 will do just fine...very little difference.

Both have way more than enough power to light up the Empys...

The Jot 2 with balanced and se might be the better choice in the long run depending on your cables and "bias"...

Again either one is great with the Empys...

Good Luck!
Alex

Nice. Thanks for the info.

I’m a little torn. A tube hybrid amp would be cool, but only SE. Also, tube rolling would be fun, but get kind of expensive. Maybe I should just stick with Jot 2. The rest of my chain supports balanced (BF2 and Lokius).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back