Luxury & Precision (LP) W4, Successor to Their Popular W1/W2 USB Dongle is Here!
Jun 25, 2023 at 8:55 PM Post #766 of 1,449
is this thing not having asio support for windows?
Why do you need it, WASAPI exclusive is bit-perfect and more stable. ASIO was always finicky with setting proper buffer size and switching between different bitrate high res tracks due to buffer reallocation.

Jun 25, 2023 at 9:38 PM Post #767 of 1,449
Why do you need it, WASAPI exclusive is bit-perfect and more stable. ASIO was always finicky with setting proper buffer size and switching between different bitrate high res tracks due to buffer reallocation.
do wasapi exclusive automatically matches the sampling rate with the songs? i rarely used it
if so then it's good

Jun 25, 2023 at 10:00 PM Post #768 of 1,449
do wasapi exclusive automatically matches the sampling rate with the songs? i rarely used it
if so then it's good
Of course, it's bit perfect. MS really improved their audio stack, no reason to stick with kernel streaming or ASIO, it's old school now.

Jun 26, 2023 at 5:20 AM Post #769 of 1,449
is this thing not having asio support for windows?
Yes they have. This is LP official aiso driver support for windows.

Attachments

• IMG_20230626_171911.jpg
    IMG_20230626_171911.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
Jun 26, 2023 at 8:34 AM Post #772 of 1,449
I have a two question concerning the W4 /EX:

1. How many and exactly what kind of different sound tweaks/EQ options can be found in the menu? And do they work well in your subjective opinion?

2. Does the magnet of the case work directly with MagSafe of newer iphones (so it sticks directly to the phone`s back without having to use the magnet sticker)?

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #773 of 1,449
Anyone using W4 with IE900, is there a big difference between se and balanced sound?
Not that I can detect but I do have to swap cables as I don't have a suitable adaptor and probably shouldn't use an adaptor in any case as it may affect the sound. By the time I've unplugged, swapped and plugged back in then for me its impossible to detect a difference.

Jun 26, 2023 at 9:37 AM Post #774 of 1,449
I have a two question concerning the W4 /EX:

1. How many and exactly what kind of different sound tweaks/EQ options can be found in the menu? And do they work well in your subjective opinion?

2. Does the magnet of the case work directly with MagSafe of newer iphones (so it sticks directly to the phone`s back without having to use the magnet sticker)?
Don't worry, just buy the W4, you will not regret it, that's how impressive it is, and don't forget to buy the original, blue leather case also.👍

Jun 26, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #775 of 1,449
deleted

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #776 of 1,449
kinda, sorta, but it easily slips. I found that this inexpensive accessory does a great job, better than the metal plate.

Jun 26, 2023 at 1:21 PM Post #777 of 1,449
There is only one "very small" problem in using ddHifi TC28i PRO and that is that it interrupts the exchange of information between the battery and the charger, continuing to charge it even beyond 100% with the consequent risk of explosion and fire. Measurement carried out with usb cable/tester on the android version... and I don't think it changes much with the lightning one.

Jun 26, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #778 of 1,449
There is only one "very small" problem in using ddHifi TC28i PRO and that is that it interrupts the exchange of information between the battery and the charger, continuing to charge it even beyond 100% with the consequent risk of explosion and fire. Measurement carried out with usb cable/tester on the android version... and I don't think it changes much with the lightning one.

Are you sure ? As far as I know, these are devices that manage their charge autonomously
(the charger is inside the smartphone, and it decides when to stop charging based on the state of charge of the internal cell).

The charger must necessarily be inside the smartphone, if only to adapt the USB voltage of 5V (or more, in the case of smart charging)
to the maximum voltage of the lithium cells, which usually has a range that can vary from 4.1 to 4.35V.

Furthermore, USB chargers are voltage generators, while lithium cells must be charged at constant current (with a current and not a voltage generator)
until the threshold voltage is reached, after which it passes on to charging at constant voltage (CV mode).

If there is no communication between the charger and the device, the problem that could occur is that
the smartphone 'negotiates' a smart charge (greater than 5V),
while any device connected 'in parallel' is not capable of withstanding this 'high ' voltage.

Jun 26, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #779 of 1,449
Just check the USB cable connected to the TC28 PRO to find out how much current it delivers when the smartphone reaches 100% of the charge, a friend of mine did it and the charge continued as if it were discharged. It seemed right to let you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back