Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Apr 13, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #1,951 of 5,299
W2 on my spare Android phone playing Tidal MQA over UApp on MEST MKII is pure bliss, transparent, airy and punchy.
No need for equing for good recorded music.
Dunno if it is the Android voltage thing or UApp or both but my IPhone can only go to the drawer in comparison 🙄
Always been the case, forget Apple for external dacs, also for Bluetooth, basically if you're an audiophile and you want to use your phone always best to have an android and UAPP.
Great you're enjoying Mest2 and W2, I'm waiting for mine from Andrew with the next batch and hopefully latest FW as i don't have a Windows, 🤞🍻

Apr 13, 2021 at 8:07 PM Post #1,952 of 5,299
Always been the case, forget Apple for external dacs, also for Bluetooth, basically if you're an audiophile and you want to use your phone always best to have an android and UAPP.
Great you're enjoying Mest2 and W2, I'm waiting for mine from Andrew with the next batch and hopefully latest FW as i don't have a Windows, 🤞🍻
Most people seem to agree Mobile Market share by OS :beyersmile: However, the 22% of users who can afford an Iphone probably also represent a good share of the people who could spend $299 on a dongle.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2021 at 4:01 AM Post #1,953 of 5,299
Hi @bluestorm1992
Do you find W2 plus C9 scales equally to let's say N6 II + C9 or would that be too much of a praise? (wouldn't go as far as asking the same for SP2000)

Apr 14, 2021 at 4:08 AM Post #1,954 of 5,299
Regarding the W2 case topic: I d love to see a clip option for W2!
depending on the length of your IEM cable, W2 could stick out of your trouser pocket and would need to be attached there...

Apr 14, 2021 at 4:55 AM Post #1,955 of 5,299
While W2 sounds fabulous on my Motorola /UApp /Tidal it's drinking juice like a Ferrari.
I couldn't get any Y adapter working for charging and playing simultaneously unfortunately...

Apr 14, 2021 at 5:27 AM Post #1,957 of 5,299
Really enjoying my W2 daily, either connected to my LG V50 or Asus windows 7 laptop. The sound is clean, detailed, powerful. Looking forward to receive the case so I can take it with me anywhere.
Where can we suggest the case clip option?

Apr 14, 2021 at 5:57 AM Post #1,959 of 5,299
Hi @bluestorm1992
Do you find W2 plus C9 scales equally to let's say N6 II + C9 or would that be too much of a praise? (wouldn't go as far as asking the same for SP2000)
The N6ii + C9 is still better, but W2 + C9 is not too behind. One of the reasons in the equation is that W2 does not have a true LO.

Apr 14, 2021 at 6:27 AM Post #1,961 of 5,299
What is true LO?
A dedicated line out circuit and not one designed for listening to head phones with less than full throttle constantly

Apr 14, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #1,962 of 5,299
While W2 sounds fabulous on my Motorola /UApp /Tidal it's drinking juice like a Ferrari.
I couldn't get any Y adapter working for charging and playing simultaneously unfortunately...

I think in order to do so, your phone and your Y adapter must both be USB Power Delivery compatible (USB PD).

[EDIT] Your cable too, but if I remember correctly, all USB-C cables have the extra power wire, so they're all USB PD compatible.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #1,963 of 5,299
Apr 14, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #1,964 of 5,299
all dongles

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B08RD2XPT3/
https://www.amazon.com/-/en/gp/product/B08KPD5S82

both told to work fine in forum before... maybe with latest Samsung phones, etc only?

What I was trying to say is : check if your Motorola is Power Delivery compatible (not always specified in specs). Usually if your phone supports fast charge, it'll support PD (but not always).

I have a Samsung M31 which I use as streamer/player (6000 mA battery), pretty recent, but low end, so Samsung intentionally didn't implement fast charge on it (I let you imagine the charge time for a 6000 mA battery without fast charge :frowning2: ). It doesn't support PD neither. My point is : recent phone doesn't mean PD compatible. With my Redmi Note 7, no problem charging while using a DAC/amp dongle, even considering it's much older than the Samsung.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #1,965 of 5,299
What I was trying to say is : check if your Motorola is Power Delivery compatible (not always specified in specs). Usually if your phone supports fast charge, it'll support PD (but not always).

I have a Samsung M31 which I use as streamer/player (6000 mA battery), pretty recent, but low end, so Samsung intentionally didn't implement fast charge on it (I let you imagine the charge time for a 6000 mA battery without fast charge :frowning2: ). It doesn't support PD neither. My point is : recent phone doesn't mean PD compatible. With my Redmi Note 7, no problem charging while using a DAC/amp dongle, even considering it's much older than the Samsung.
Moto G6 and it supports first charging...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back