Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Apr 13, 2021 at 6:19 AM Post #1,936 of 5,290
  1. Output power (the need for isodynamic IEMs), detailed sound

• PEQ - I want to add some weight and body to the sound without sacrificing the overall quality. the current Bass preset makes the sound unacceptable. It is not necessary to make a smartphone app for this. you can integrate EQ into the current interface of the small display without using a graph, but only numerical valuesin relation to decibels to frequencies.​
    • And please add the option to turn off the display to save power consumption so that the iPhone can play music at maximum volume. i really miss this with my high impedance isoplanar IEMs. If that happens, I'll sell all my DAPs!​
    • Of course, i need some kind of carrying case to wear while listening. A silicone case like the S1 is quite suitable. I'm afraid the leather cover would have to be removed before use, which is inconvenient​
@bluestorm1992 I want to 2nd the PEQ suggestion.
My new MEST MKII greatly profit from some slight equing on my digital transport Q1 and a simple 10 band equalizer on W2 with entering numeric values or pushing the buttons to just select +- in steps of 0,5db for each band would really be of a great benefit not needing such devices when e.g playing directly out of Tidal app on IPhone...

Apr 13, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #1,939 of 5,290
I would say just get the S1 instead of the W1 if you don't have hard to drive earphones.
Thank you! Will probably do that if I don’t see anything by end of the week!

Made a pre-order for hifigo. Shipment is promised only at the end of April... :sob::triportsad:
how do you pre-order on hifi-go? Email them?

Apr 13, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #1,942 of 5,290
I don't know if this has already been posted, but I found a listing for a silicon case for the W1 and W2 posted on eBay. I ordered a clear one and I will report back with photos when I get it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324567396708
It looks like from the same shop. I contacted him yesterday and the actual product should be up very soon.

Apr 13, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #1,943 of 5,290
Is that crazy?
Am experimenting with W2 equ and found the classical music equ to fit best for Hard Rock a la Rage against the machine on MEST MKII 😂 hitting with hard slam and taming harsh high freq

Attachments

• ABACB30A-5725-44B5-AE7A-EDFAD6E12CC1.png
    ABACB30A-5725-44B5-AE7A-EDFAD6E12CC1.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
Apr 13, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #1,944 of 5,290
It looks like from the same shop. I contacted him yesterday and the actual product should be up very soon.
I probably won't buy a case. I love the rubber case that I got with my S1, but velcro doesn't stick to it so I can't attach it to my iphone.

Apr 13, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #1,945 of 5,290
Is that crazy?
Am experimenting with W2 equ and found the classical music equ to fit best for Hard Rock a la Rage against the machine on MEST MKII 😂 hitting with hard slam and taming harsh high freq
In general, I find standard genre based EQ in these dongles are not every useful. Not only do you have target curve preferences differing, but you compound those differences by genre and IEM FR curve differences. The end result is I never like any of the presets. The best and probably hardest EQ to offer is parametric EQ and 11-band rather than 6-band. Probably too costly to offer to the small number of customers that would benefit from it.

Apr 13, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #1,946 of 5,290
In general, I find standard genre based EQ in these dongles are not every useful. Not only do you have target curve preferences differing, but you compound those differences by genre and IEM FR curve differences. The end result is I never like any of the presets. The best and probably hardest EQ to offer is parametric EQ and 11-band rather than 6-band. Probably too costly to offer to the small number of customers that would benefit from it.
I generally agree with what you are saying, it's just that I was searching for some easy solution using streaming services on my iPhone and W2.
MEST MKII needs some equing for my taste, before I have never used any equing on any source.
Especially this equing of streaming clients seems to be like a dead spot for DAPs which mostly only offer PEQ in their native player apps but not a system wide.
Only know of Hiby players filling this gap.
An equable dongle in between like W2 could really fill this gap in the market for a broader audience
Other dongles like my Qudelix could do that too but they don't have the SQ of W2...

Apr 13, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #1,948 of 5,290
I don't know if this has already been posted, but I found a listing for a silicon case for the W1 and W2 posted on eBay. I ordered a clear one and I will report back with photos when I get it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324567396708
Thank you for the link. Hopefully they will add real photos soon so I can buy one.

Apr 13, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #1,950 of 5,290
W2 on my spare Android phone playing Tidal MQA over UApp on MEST MKII is pure bliss, transparent, airy and punchy.
No need for equing for good recorded music.
Dunno if it is the Android voltage thing or UApp or both but my IPhone can only go to the drawer in comparison 🙄

Users who are viewing this thread

Back