Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Apr 14, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #1,967 of 5,299
While W2 sounds fabulous on my Motorola /UApp /Tidal it's drinking juice like a Ferrari.
I couldn't get any Y adapter working for charging and playing simultaneously unfortunately...
It’s a good thing that I’m really attached (pun) to my MagSafe charger for the iPhone 12 Pro Max! No issues using dongle and charging at the same time there! Lol~

Y adaptors might introduce noise while charging if it’s poorly designed?

Still waiting for W2 to be stocked..

Apr 14, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #1,968 of 5,299
It’s a good thing that I’m really attached (pun) to my MagSafe charger for the iPhone 12 Pro Max! No issues using dongle and charging at the same time there! Lol~

Y adaptors might introduce noise while charging if it’s poorly designed?

Still waiting for W2 to be stocked..
While I'd love to support you as I am a heavy Apple user too, I'd suggest using W2 with Android as it's not only playing louder with higher impedance gear without that Apple voltage restriction but also has more dynamics and punch.
Will need to do A-B more once I have time also with iPad Pro.
My suspicion is that my iPad Pro has more driving power than my iPhone 11Pro.
Though Android + UApp is imho unbeatable with W2
What is fine too is Mac, I am constantly using W2 on my MacBook Pro during the day playing either out of Tidal or Audirvana

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #1,969 of 5,299
Comparing LPW2 and E1DA 9038sG3 on heavy music I came to conclusion, that they are at the same level of SQ, but W2 sound signature has a warmer (darker) without loss of detail, which leaves my choice for W2, although the usability leaves much to be desired.

E1DA 9038sG3
+
it is stable with the iPhone (you can increase the volume without limit on iOS, with a maximum value even louder than the W2, without additional power)
+ $105
- settings only in app (a special minus for ios users)

LPW2
-
max volume on iPhone 90/100 - which is critical for me and high-ohm IEMs
- $300

+ screen availability - change settings on the go

Apr 14, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #1,970 of 5,299
Apr 14, 2021 at 7:16 PM Post #1,972 of 5,299
Comparing LPW2 and E1DA 9038sG3 on heavy music I came to conclusion, that they are at the same level of SQ, but W2 sound signature has a warmer (darker) without loss of detail, which leaves my choice for W2, although the usability leaves much to be desired.

E1DA 9038sG3
+
it is stable with the iPhone (you can increase the volume without limit on iOS, with a maximum value even louder than the W2, without additional power)
+ $105
- settings only in app (a special minus for ios users)

LPW2
-
max volume on iPhone 90/100 - which is critical for me and high-ohm IEMs
- $300

+ screen availability - change settings on the go
Okay, I guess I'll get an E1DA instead since w2 is way more expensive and out of stock...

Apr 14, 2021 at 8:08 PM Post #1,973 of 5,299
Has anyone tried the Xuelin H7 and, if so, compared it to the W2?
https://www.androidbrick.com/xuelin...E6au_e7IF1kkOnBjT19j7L2owLVgcTxu9TcTTsOrhrZkE

The same person (*L7AudioLab here and here)) who measured the W2 also measured the H7 recently. The result is, in simple term, disastrous. Distortion is over the roof, rendering the devices with less than 40mW of power under 32ohm load with 10% THD+N (*which in real world with probably be in the single digit range for the normal 1% THD+N standard). The manufacturer has been made aware to that measurement but chooses to not respond at all (*that's almost week ago, so they have plenty of time to set the record straight if they wanted to).

My advice? Avoid it like the plague. It isn't just a small issue but more like a defected product.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #1,974 of 5,299
Apr 15, 2021 at 12:05 AM Post #1,975 of 5,299
While I'd love to support you as I am a heavy Apple user too, I'd suggest using W2 with Android as it's not only playing louder with higher impedance gear without that Apple voltage restriction but also has more dynamics and punch.
Will need to do A-B more once I have time also with iPad Pro.
My suspicion is that my iPad Pro has more driving power than my iPhone 11Pro.
Though Android + UApp is imho unbeatable with W2
What is fine too is Mac, I am constantly using W2 on my MacBook Pro during the day playing either out of Tidal or Audirvana
Agree with all you say: Android:UAPP (TIDAL, Qobuz)->W2 better than iPhone with native TIDAL/Qobuz apps. And MacBook:TIDAL (exclusive mode)-> W2 is sublime.

As for your suspicion about the iPad Pro: I mostly use the W2 connected to my 12.9” iPad Pro (2020) which has a USB-C connector. I don’t think there is a max amperage issue like with the iPhone.

I wish those people who have those USB voltage/amp/power analyzers would connect it to a USB-C-equipped iPad Pro in series with a W2 and report the numbers :wink:

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 1:53 AM Post #1,978 of 5,299
Has anyone paired this with their shanling m0? Is it possible? Thanks in advance
I did with Shanling Q1 so I assume M0 will work.
But: Again compromise like IPhone.
-> you cannot play with maximum volume
-> dynamics and punch not as good as on Android/UApp
Edit: still a nice tiny setup it sounds good. It's just that if you tasted something better you cannot ignore if SQ is your maximum goal

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 2:32 AM Post #1,979 of 5,299
Hi everyone,

I am in direct contact with Mr. Wan, the lead engineer of LP. He is made aware of this discussion thread. LP is thrilled and grateful for everyone's support for W1 and W2.

With this being said, LP would like to further collect user feedback for W1/W2. If you would like to, please kindly reply to this post and include:
  1. The one or two features of W1/W2 that you enjoy the most (such as sound quality, output power, size, etc).
  2. The one or two features that you wish LP to improve or add to W1/W2 (cable color, better EQ, etc).
As for the case of W1/W2. LP is made aware of this request. They are thinking to in-house design and build a leather case, using some of the finest leather in the market (If you have bought their DAPs, you will know that LP makes leather cases of very high quality). However, the cost of such a case could be high, very likely to be higher than what Lotoo offers for S1 ($25). LP wants to know whether there is enough interest in the market for them to pursue this. If you would like to, please provide your feedback in your reply as well.

Thanks everyone!
Thanks @bluestorm1992 for connecting us with L&P. Features I love are the sound quality, form-factor, build quality, OLED screen.

Request: implement a Tone 00 (direct mode).

Tone 01 and Tone 02 are definitely audibly different. They sound like different EQ profiles. Tone 01 has boomier mid base and recessed high-mids; Tone 02 has less mid-bass boominess but more punch in the sub-bass, and clearer mids, with some elevated lower treble. I would like to turn the Tone profiles off (like a Direct mode) and compare to these Tone 01/02 (gentle/refine) settings. Now maybe this is just a naming problem and Tone 01 is a Direct (no DSP) setting, and Tone 02 has some EQ (or vice versa). It would be great to know what L&P say the Tone settings do.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #1,980 of 5,299
I did with Shanling Q1 so I assume M0 will work.
But: Again compromise like IPhone.
-> you cannot play with maximum volume
-> dynamics and punch not as good as on Android/UApp
Edit: still a nice tiny setup it sounds good. It's just that if you tasted something better you cannot ignore if SQ is your maximum goal
Just so I understand, the s2 is best utilized with a phone then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back