Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Mar 20, 2021 at 6:09 AM Post #1,246 of 5,299
Have you used the X10T II as a transport with W2 as well?
My W2 is on its way and I didn’t test it with the X10T II, but it should work. I imagine this small combo rocking the house. We’ll see.

Mar 20, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #1,249 of 5,299
I love the XT10II as a transport, especially controlling the music through BT. I'm sure I'll test the W2 very soon.
I am looking forward to reading your impressions. The X10T II is a fantastic little transport.

Mar 20, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #1,250 of 5,299
Anyone using some alternative 90 degree lightning cable with W2?
ddHifi lightning to usbc was suggested before but that's just an adapter and not a cable plus cable goes to the side and not below the IPhone.

Have seen models like this but I am not sure if they work as it will need some OTG function?
UGREEN USB-C auf Lightning Kabel 90 Grad MFi Lightning Ladekabel Typ C Winkel Power Delivery kompatibel mit iPhone 12, SE, 11 Pro Max, XR, XS Max, X, 8, 8 Plus, iPad 2020, AirPods Pro usw. (1M) https://smile.amazon.de/dp/B07Z8W15SR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_0ZKGWCSENTZ127R07PR2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Another important question is regarding cable flexibility.
I mean if cable is too stiff it's hardly controllable even with 90 degree port
that's the one I use and recommended several times how her and in other threads. It is a perfect cable, no whatsoever sound difference to the original white W2 cable and it is flexible and really smart. I don't know the Sunguy cable but both of them seem suitable. I lonly think the Sunguy is thicker and i prefer a thinner but more flexible cable (but that is personal choice).
I use this U-Green cable with my Android phone and the W2 - but there is no reason why the iPhone Version should have any different experience

Mar 20, 2021 at 9:49 AM Post #1,251 of 5,299
that's the one I use and recommended several times how her and in other threads. It is a perfect cable, no whatsoever sound difference to the original white W2 cable and it is flexible and really smart. I don't know the Sunguy cable but both of them seem suitable. I lonly think the Sunguy is thicker and i prefer a thinner but more flexible cable (but that is personal choice).
I use this U-Green cable with my Android phone and the W2 - but there is no reason why the iPhone Version should have any different experience
The actual question with lightning port is if they work at all with music transport and not only for charging
That's why so called OTG has to be there.
Majority of cheap lightning cables are not OTG enabled

Mar 20, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #1,252 of 5,299
It is under the SDF, which is the setting option right after EQ.
I think that Bluestorm is in regular contact with L&P. I am in wechat with them and they told me that they now do IEM specific configurations to optimize the W2 to have the perfect sound. They will launch step by step one IEM after the other. I understood that they also plan to do one for Traillii. But I also think they will cater first the Chinese customers and maybe Xelentro is most popular in Asia ? Anyway, I have the A&K equivalent to the Xelentro and will test what the difference between the two setting is.

To be seen

Mar 20, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #1,253 of 5,299
A great way to spend a Saturday afternoon, listening experiments with the W2 and various combinations.

20210320_151607.jpg

Mar 20, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #1,254 of 5,299
A great way to spend a Saturday afternoon, listening experiments with the W2 and various combinations.

Is there yet a combo where you d prefer the W2 instead of using the DAP alone with IEM?

Mar 20, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #1,255 of 5,299
Is there yet a combo where you d prefer the W2 instead of using the DAP alone with IEM?

I need more time to compare but initial findings are my 1A still reigns supreme, I don't think that would be the case though if not running custom firmware.

Running Audivarna with hi-res FLAC on the Mac is incredible and I feel its better than Poweramp or Tidal on my Galaxy S20... but would the source of the audio files make any difference? Is there a bias of some sort kicking in?!

Anyway, incredible device either way.

Mar 20, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #1,256 of 5,299
I need more time to compare but initial findings are my 1A still reigns supreme, I don't think that would be the case though if not running custom firmware.

Running Audivarna with hi-res FLAC on the Mac is incredible and I feel its better than Poweramp or Tidal on my Galaxy S20... but would the source of the audio files make any difference? Is there a bias of some sort kicking in?!

Anyway, incredible device either way.
Agree with you
Audirvana is my top hifi desktop player
Followed by UApp for USB DAC mode or native player on a DAP with locally stored hires files (Mango player in case of my DX220 Max)
On my iPhone which doesn't support UApp, Tidal native app is somehow a good compromise sounding more recessed in comparison but still fine for uncomplicated playing on the go like for iPhone usage with W2.
Neutron on IPhone is my newly discovered top player when not on Android / DAP but always more fussy as you need to manage the limited local IPhone storage.

Mar 20, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #1,257 of 5,299
Agree with you
Audirvana is my top hifi desktop player
Followed by UApp for USB DAC mode or native player on a DAP with locally stored hires files (Mango player in case of my DX220 Max)
On my iPhone which doesn't support UApp, Tidal native app is somehow a good compromise sounding more recessed in comparison but still fine for uncomplicated playing on the go like for iPhone usage with W2.
Neutron on IPhone is my newly discovered top player when not on Android / DAP but always more fussy as you need to manage the limited local IPhone storage.
Question... For my desktop setup I exclusively stream Tidal from my Windows PC, and have an MQA compatible DAC. Is there a benefit to using Audirvana or should I just stay with Tidal?

Mar 20, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #1,258 of 5,299
Question... For my desktop setup I exclusively stream Tidal from my Windows PC, and have an MQA compatible DAC. Is there a benefit to using Audirvana or should I just stay with Tidal?
Without wanting to persuade you, just go for the 30 days trial and try yourself
I am exclusively listening to both local library and Tidal stream through Audirvana when on desktop and yep - if your DAC natively supports MQA, Audirvana can play bit perfect

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #1,259 of 5,299
Without wanting to persuade you, just go for the 30 days trial and try yourself
I am exclusively listening to both local library and Tidal stream through Audirvana when on desktop and yep - if your DAC natively supports MQA, Audirvana can play bit perfect
Awesome! Will take the plunge!!

Mar 20, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #1,260 of 5,299
I think that Bluestorm is in regular contact with L&P. I am in wechat with them and they told me that they now do IEM specific configurations to optimize the W2 to have the perfect sound. They will launch step by step one IEM after the other. I understood that they also plan to do one for Traillii. But I also think they will cater first the Chinese customers and maybe Xelentro is most popular in Asia ? Anyway, I have the A&K equivalent to the Xelentro and will test what the difference between the two setting is.

To be seen
I am not sure how that is possible since people have different preferences, especially based on genre. Anytime I have listened to stock EQ profiles for various products, I usually dislike all of them and I turn them off. Even the Wavelet app in Android isn't that great and it attempts to EQ all IEMs to Harman. If they are going to do all those EQ profiles, it seems like a lot of work with questionable utility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back