Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Mar 19, 2021 at 5:17 AM Post #1,186 of 5,299
is there an emi issue like s1?
some report there is still some EMI.
From my own findings much less up to no EMI on my Iphone11Pro but some silent sporadical strange digital feedback noise through background app activities (data transfer, email fetching) using on my MacBook Pro but seems to happen only on my machine, others haven't reported that.
For phone usage I assume there is less EMI than S1

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2021 at 5:33 AM Post #1,188 of 5,299
I did end up hearing interference on my Mac later last night - when I switched to the DUNU ZEN and with music paused, a noticeable but low volume intermittent buzz.

Mar 19, 2021 at 5:44 AM Post #1,189 of 5,299
I did end up hearing interference on my Mac later last night - when I switched to the DUNU ZEN and with music paused, a noticeable but low volume intermittent buzz.
no clue if that might also depend on IEM, my Andro is so sensitive that with unplugged lose hanging cable I can hear noise like some silent electrical discharge noise like tiny air bubbles getting through a small valve.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2021 at 5:53 AM Post #1,190 of 5,299
no clue if that might also depend on IEM, my Andro is so sensitive that with unplugged lose hanging cable I can hear noise like some silent electrical discharge noise like tiny air bubbles getting through a small valve.

When music playing, I didn't notice at all - I don't think it was there on others I tried but will be spending more time tonight, along with a few Friday glasses of red...

Mar 19, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #1,191 of 5,299
Picked a W2 to replace my Dragon Fly Red that has served me very well for a couple of years, but now has a mechanical problem (have to wiggle plug to get a good connection with my headphones).
I mainly use Audeze Sine headphones (23ohm) connected to Macbook Pro or Android and UAPP streaming Tidal.
It really is not a close call between these two devices. Night and day. I tend to listen to acoustic music (guitar, piano, cello, etc.).
Realize now I had been missing out on a lot of clarity and tolerating a lot of distortion.
Wish I could squeeze a little more juice out of the W2. At 100% volume it is just loud enough for careful/discerning listening. Still, it is louder than the DFR and probably my ears will thank me in a few years that I did not get a more powerful device.
any difference streaming tidal mqa even though its not mqa compliant? if it sounds the same then i will just get one anyway

Mar 19, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #1,192 of 5,299
I just saw on the home page that A&K just announced a USB dongle of their own. Interesting trend.

Mar 19, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #1,193 of 5,299
I just saw on the home page that A&K just announced a USB dongle of their own. Interesting trend.
Can you paste the link please?
So far I am only aware of some Bluetooth device XB10...

Mar 19, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #1,195 of 5,299
Mar 19, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #1,196 of 5,299
Thx!
Yep, looking at the specs and price it's a low tier device positioned even below W1...
At first blush it seems like a “me too” product that a marketing department came up with...

Mar 19, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #1,197 of 5,299
At first blush it seems like a “me too” product that a marketing department came up with...
I believe you’re right: power wise also kinda weak, 2Vrms=125mW ar 32Ohm

Mar 19, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #1,199 of 5,299
Huh. Dual Cirrus Logic CS43198 DACs + analog amp, same as the W2 for half the price. Plus A&K is an American company. (I know, the W2 is is like listening to God sing and bests TOTL desktop DAC/AMPs, but still.)
A&K is Korean, not American, and is owned by iRiver

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #1,200 of 5,299
Hi Gus,

It doesn't work at all with my Windows 7 64 ultimate. ...
Ah, that might explain it: I have 32-bit Win7 installed on my Macbook’s Bootcamp partition.
[Edit:] Sorry, I thought I had 32-bit, but I just checked and I have 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium. I installed it so long ago I forgot. I only keep it around for 2 programs that I rarely use (now 3 if you count L&P update tools).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back