Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Mar 15, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #976 of 5,296
You are comparing a device that costs 650 Euro to one that costs half the price - and is much bigger in size and 10x the weight in comparison..

https://dethonray.nl/en/product/dethonray-honey-h1

Are you sure this is not apples with pears - both fruits but very different ?
Also the H1 has a battery - in my humble view - this is a totally different animal and even market segment.
Please have look at the post 954. Someone asked me about the W2 vs. the H1, I did not come up with this comparison in my own initiative. I answered a question. I hope it clarifies the situation.

Mar 15, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #977 of 5,296
All fine, it's a W1/2 thread and comparisons are not forbidden.
More interesting, as W2 for itself is great without question, are potential pairings with other high end gear like connecting a mobile C9 tube amp via balanced LO and see how it scales.

Talking about scaling:
As mentioned before we are seeing a 300 bucks dongle here which is very good in its price class but may not overall compete with bigger DAC/Amp devices due to e.g power limitations.
If we now find out that pairing it with a mobile high end amp like C9 will create a mobile combo with a SQ level of let's say Hugo which can run both IEMs and Full size cans, then that will be an absolute highlight not because of price (C9 is 2000 bucks) but because of sustainability.
- W2 is usb powered, i.e. it will last forever as battery can't die and it can be moved to any future phone you have
- C9 is one or the best mobile tube amp on the market and is either powered directly from USB-C for desktop usage or battery powered with user replaceable batteries!
I.e this device can also last like forever and can be paired with whatever DAC you will own in future

Edit: looking at the size of the C9, well it's for some rather transportable than mobile.
so for really mobile W2 alone or paired with some smaller amp like might be a better.

BTW, does W2 have a real LO mode?
I think someone stated before in this thread that LO is like volume set to 100 in high gain?

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #978 of 5,296
I'm usually one to wait to purchase things until they get old, go on sale or available used, and there's tons of reviews available.

But I just jumped on the train and ordered a W2 from MusicTeck. Can't wait!!

Mar 15, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #980 of 5,296
I have tried everything to make my W2 work with my windows 7 laptop. None of the drivers work, and it shows that the security drivers are already installed.
I am just hoping for a last solution from L&P.

Attachments

• 乐彼W系列升级指引及ASIO驱动安装.pdf
    467.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 15, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #981 of 5,296
I'm interested in this too... I don't believe there is any specific LO setting, so is the workaround high gain at max volume as FooFighter thought?

If I don't forget it, I can try it later tonight when I get home from work, connecting W2 to C9, to hear if there is any distortion when volume is at the max.

Mar 15, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #982 of 5,296
Musicteck shipping notification, looking forward to its arrival...

Screenshot_20210315-195452_Gmail.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 15, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #983 of 5,296
All fine, it's a W1/2 thread and comparisons are not forbidden.
More interesting, as W2 for itself is great without question, are potential pairings with other high end gear like connecting a mobile C9 tube amp via balanced LO and see how it scales.

Talking about scaling:
As mentioned before we are seeing a 300 bucks dongle here which is very good in its price class but may not overall compete with bigger DAC/Amp devices due to e.g power limitations.
If we now find out that pairing it with a mobile high end amp like C9 will create a mobile combo with a SQ level of let's say Hugo which can run both IEMs and Full size cans, then that will be an absolute highlight not because of price (C9 is 2000 bucks) but because of sustainability.
- W2 is usb powered, i.e. it will last forever as battery can't die and it can be moved to any future phone you have
- C9 is one or the best mobile tube amp on the market and is either powered directly from USB-C for desktop usage or battery powered with user replaceable batteries!
I.e this device can also last like forever and can be paired with whatever DAC you will own in future

Edit: looking at the size of the C9, well it's for some rather transportable than mobile.
so for really mobile W2 alone or paired with some smaller amp like might be a better.

BTW, does W2 have a real LO mode?
I think someone stated before in this thread that LO is like volume set to 100 in high gain?
Agree. This is exactly why I placed an order for the W2 and will be purchasing a C9 later in the year. Just deciding between a WA8 and a C9.

Mar 15, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #984 of 5,296
Anyone who can link me to Chinese reviews if the W2? Which IEMs are there presets for? Xelento was mentioned. Any more?

Mar 15, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #985 of 5,296
I'm usually one to wait to purchase things until they get old, go on sale or available used, and there's tons of reviews available.

But I just jumped on the train and ordered a W2 from MusicTeck. Can't wait!!
Same here. I tend to be a late adopter and I play around the knee of the price performance curve. But, for some products, I know a winner when I see it and I'm willing to be an early adopter for it. The W2 is clearly one of those products.

Mar 15, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #986 of 5,296
Anyone who can link me to Chinese reviews if the W2? Which IEMs are there presets for? Xelento was mentioned. Any more?
If you read the tread you will see plenty of impressions from us, the users and owners of the W2. At the moment there are no presets in the menu for any IEMs. Go buy it and enjoy it, it is that good !

Mar 15, 2021 at 7:20 PM Post #990 of 5,296
Guys, can anyone compare W2 to hiby R6 pro? Owned this player, I did not like it on sound.

Okay. I got the W2 and I paired it with the UM 3DT. It's very similar to the R6 Pro in terms of overall sound quality. Maybe a smidge better in some aspects like detail retrieval, for 3.5mm. With 4.4mm, it's a smidge better as well. The details in the background have more clarity and are lifted a bit more forward. The stage is slightly more intimate, but that's to be expected with a weaker amp. The transparency is a clear winner over the R6 Pro. The transparency is crystal clear. Like looking through a clean lake. You can see the bottom of the lake. It looks great. Anyway, I highly recommend the W2.

EDIT: The sound signature is similar to the R6 Pro as well, but it's more near neutral with a slightly warm tilt.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back