Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Mar 16, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #1,006 of 5,296
Aaarrrgggghhh~~~
cannot decide between W2 or H1,,,,
both are great,,,
decision,,, decision,,,

Mar 16, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #1,008 of 5,296
Has anyone received the W2 with black cables?
I think the black cable is just on a pre-production unit, because it's a bit defective,
cause a problem when volume >80,

Mar 16, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #1,010 of 5,296
Aaarrrgggghhh~~~
cannot decide between W2 or H1,,,,
both are great,,,
decision,,, decision,,,

Anson/Dethonray are great, love his products, but H1 is $700 and WAY too much power for IEMs, I tried it for 5min, it sounds great by unusable for most of my IEMs, so I sent it to another reviewer on Tw6 who will test and review it with full size demanding headphones. W2 is better for IEMs and easy to drive headphones at less than 1/2 the price. Plus, W2 will have EQ, dsp effects, etc and it is just a tiny pocket friendly usb dac/amp device. I didn't even measure H1 current draw when connected to smartphone.

Does that help with a decision? And I'm assuming H1 is Dethonray Honey H1, unless you are talking about something else? :wink:

Mar 16, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #1,011 of 5,296
Anson/Dethonray are great, love his products, but H1 is $700 and WAY too much power for IEMs, I tried it for 5min, it sounds great by unusable for most of my IEMs, so I sent it to another reviewer on Tw6 who will test and review it with full size demanding headphones. W2 is better for IEMs and easy to drive headphones at less than 1/2 the price. Plus, W2 will have EQ, dsp effects, etc and it is just a tiny pocket friendly usb dac/amp device. I didn't even measure H1 current draw when connected to smartphone.

Does that help with a decision? And I'm assuming H1 is Dethonray Honey H1, unless you are talking about something else? :wink:
yes correct, the honey,
I just have the fear of missing out that I need to overcome,
the maybe,,,
maybe sometime in the future I will buy a headphone or a demanding iems,
but in reality I probably just using a sensitive iems for my daily driver, 😅

Mar 16, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #1,012 of 5,296
yes correct, the honey,
I just have the fear of missing out that I need to overcome,
the maybe,,,
maybe sometime in the future I will buy a headphone or a demanding iems,
but in reality I probably just using a sensitive iems for my daily driver, 😅

if you are using sensitive or even average iems daily, W2 would be a better choice on the go. But again, H1 is great, just apples and oranges in this case.

Mar 16, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #1,015 of 5,296
I found W2 lacking in bass and body even with my Denon Ah D9200 Over Ear can with its low 24 ohm.
With my Andromeda Gold IEM its a great pairing.

Mar 16, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #1,017 of 5,296
Has anyone got DSD to work on Windows? I am running the latest version of Windows 10 and system sound and all PCM files with various bit rates work great.

When it comes to DSD the display on my W2 shows the right format DSD 2.4882/5644.8K but there is no sound coming out of the device. This is streaming with DOP from JRiver Media Center. All my other devices seem to work okay with DSD in this configuration.

Firmware version is 1.0.13. Is there a link to the location on the luxuryprecision.net site where they keep the update tool and latest firmware?

Thanks

Thomas
I also cannot play DSD on W2 with MAC/linux. I hope it's a firmware bug. I email customer service and nobody replied to me yet.

Mar 16, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #1,020 of 5,296
I found W2 lacking in bass and body even with my Denon Ah D9200 Over Ear can with its low 24 ohm.
With my Andromeda Gold IEM its a great pairing.
have you used high gain and NORMAL EQ setting ? It has more bass than W1 and it seems strange that you have this issue.
I realized though that with W2 you can challenge more with higher resolution Flac files - and maybe the settings of your source need updating ? from 16 bit to 24 bit sampling ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back