Loxjie P20 Discussion- Starved for information on this thing!
May 2, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #91 of 802
It's in the cheap and cheerful section. The thread is amazing dac's for peanuts.

It's in the cheap and cheerful section. The thread is amazing dac's for peanuts. The cable is about 75 bucks.

I found a guy selling the amp/dac for $75.00, home made balanced cable for $25.00 and shipping for about $12.00, Canadan $'s.
I see there is no dedicated power cord though. It would likely drain my DAP fairly fast and I am not sure it would get enough power to do everything justice. My wish list is growing in both new and used. My new sound station should arrive tomorrow and it is time to get building. And then probably next week I will order my OTG cable.
The DAC is probably a month or two out, uinless a killer deal shows up.

Shane D

May 2, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #92 of 802
I am not really looking for a DAC/amp and I have portable amps now that I don't use (Topping NX3s and FiiO A5).

I have a few DAC's on my list:
1) Cambridge Audio DAC Magic plus. Maybe used.

2) NAD D-1050. Almost affordable locally. Thinking about making an offer.

3) ENOG2 Pro. Hate needing an adapter. Great price though.

4) SMSL SU-8. Almost bought this the other day on sale, but I don't use PayPal anymore. If MassDrop picks it up again, I will probably jump on.

Shane D
I've compared the Geshelli Enog2 to the Chord Mojo and it beat it hands down in clarity but being it's a mobile Dac/amp combo it was not a fair comparison but it blows away pretty much anything I've tried that is under $500 anyway .
I am looking forward to trying the Qutest and that seems like the Geshelli Enog2 will be at an unfair disadvantage but two out of the three people I know that own both have told me it's too close to call but I will wait till I can decide for myself ,

the third person that owns both is such a Chord Fanboy that it is impossible to get a conclusion that is anything other than him just gushing about Chord lol.

Since the release of the Enog2 I've seen none come for sale on eBay etc so that's a good indicator that people that bought it kept it .
Since I have not bought the P20 yet I'm running mine from the balanced outputs to my Audiosource EQ-ONE then to my Archel Headphone Amplifier via the 3.5mm input and it does sound better than using the RCA outputs.

I am getting the P20 this week and I will see how it works fully balanced and tubed .
But it sounds incredible now

May 2, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #93 of 802
I've compared the Geshelli Enog2 to the Chord Mojo and it beat it hands down in clarity but being it's a mobile Dac/amp combo it was not a fair comparison but it blows away pretty much anything I've tried that is under $500 anyway .
I am looking forward to trying the Qutest and that seems like the Geshelli Enog2 will be at an unfair disadvantage but two out of the three people I know that own both have told me it's too close to call but I will wait till I can decide for myself ,

the third person that owns both is such a Chord Fanboy that it is impossible to get a conclusion that is anything other than him just gushing about Chord lol.

Since the release of the Enog2 I've seen none come for sale on eBay etc so that's a good indicator that people that bought it kept it .
Since I have not bought the P20 yet I'm running mine from the balanced outputs to my Audiosource EQ-ONE then to my Archel Headphone Amplifier via the 3.5mm input and it does sound better than using the RCA outputs.

I am getting the P20 this week and I will see how it works fully balanced and tubed .
But it sounds incredible now

My big thing is the USB output from my source. With the ENOG2 I have to buy an adapter. Maybe I should look more into them as it is a pretty good price.

Shane D

May 2, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #94 of 802
OK so tuby sound asked for a comparison between the Little Dot MKIII and the Loxjie P20. First off the LD is being fed from Maverick Audio D2 DAC through its SS outputs from a NAD C542 cd player, the Loxjie is fed directly from my Oppo. The Loxjie definitely has more of a SS sound and seems to have more high frequency information coming through. The LD has that classic tube sound with more texture and smoothness. The shaker and talking drum sound better on the LD playing Jean Luc Ponty track #2 Savannah. The bass is also ever so slightly better on the LD also but the P20 sounds so good also... it's tough. The P20 sounds like it's reproducing the music accurately while the LD is adding its own classic tube sound to the music. More smoothness and smokey sounding on the LD vs a bit more sterile on the P20. The P20 does pretty well with the DT880's but the LD has more power and you can tell right away. The 880's are 600ohm so that's to be expected. I only demoed that one song but the LD was superior IMHO. It provided a tactical feel to each instrument that the P20 didn't or at least not to the same extent. I liked the sound of the P20 until I switched to the LD then I got hit with all that personality... texture and was sold. The P20 sounds fantastic though and I'm keeping it. It seems to be a half way point between my LD setup and my SS Keces setup.

May 2, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #95 of 802
A DAC would make comparisons so easy. Plug the P20 in XLR and plug the Burson into the RCA's. Then just change your outputs via the DAC. It would be cool to do some quick A-B testing on certain songs.

Shane D

May 2, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #96 of 802
I've read the balanced outputs have a volume increase of 6db. Just to keep in mind.

May 2, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #97 of 802
I've read the balanced outputs have a volume increase of 6db. Just to keep in mind.

On what? I know my DAP has a large difference in output ports (balanced vs SE), but there was no difference going into the P20 directly from the DAP.

Are you referring to the fact that a DAC would put out different levels for different outputs?

Shane D

May 2, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #98 of 802
Now that I think of it my D2 has tube and SS outputs...I could run the LD (as it is now) through the SS output and the P20 from the tube output. Then I could just switch back and forth between the two amps, gonna try that and see if anything changes with the P20 sound.

And yes I've read on Audio Science Review that the balanced outputs are 6db louder than the unbalanced.

Last edited:
May 2, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #99 of 802
Now that I think of it my D2 has tube and SS outputs...I could run the LD (as it is now) through the SS output and the P20 from the tube output. Then I could just switch back and forth between the two amps, gonna try that and see if anything changes with the P20 sound.

Cool! Love to hear your results.

Shane D

May 2, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #100 of 802
OK so tuby sound asked for a comparison between the Little Dot MKIII and the Loxjie P20. First off the LD is being fed from Maverick Audio D2 DAC through its SS outputs from a NAD C542 cd player, the Loxjie is fed directly from my Oppo. The Loxjie definitely has more of a SS sound and seems to have more high frequency information coming through. The LD has that classic tube sound with more texture and smoothness. The shaker and talking drum sound better on the LD playing Jean Luc Ponty track #2 Savannah. The bass is also ever so slightly better on the LD also but the P20 sounds so good also... it's tough. The P20 sounds like it's reproducing the music accurately while the LD is adding its own classic tube sound to the music. More smoothness and smokey sounding on the LD vs a bit more sterile on the P20. The P20 does pretty well with the DT880's but the LD has more power and you can tell right away. The 880's are 600ohm so that's to be expected. I only demoed that one song but the LD was superior IMHO. It provided a tactical feel to each instrument that the P20 didn't or at least not to the same extent. I liked the sound of the P20 until I switched to the LD then I got hit with all that personality... texture and was sold. The P20 sounds fantastic though and I'm keeping it. It seems to be a half way point between my LD setup and my SS Keces setup.

Great comparison, thanks for that :)

Have a nice day
Kelvin

May 10, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #101 of 802
Hello. I know we have members from around the world here, but I wanted to try speak to a much narrower group of readers. I am located in Halifax, Nova Scotia in Canada. I came across a thread where a Head-Fi'er had wondered about organizing a get together in Halifax. I wanted to post in this thread and talk to anybody that lives in or around Halifax or even if you were planning to visit the area in June. Just food for thought. If anyone is interested, you could post a reply in https://www.head-fi.org/threads/halifax-ns-meetup-2019.905499/

It would be cool if we could find five or six people with a few cool toys each. It could be a very interesting afternoon or evening.

Shane D

May 13, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #102 of 802
20190513_114106.jpg I got some Russian tubes today via the Ukraine. They had stickers on them so I guess they measure them to match them. Without stickers is stock.

Shane D20190513_114735_HDR.jpg 20190513_114633.jpg

Attachments

• 20190513_114101.jpg
    20190513_114101.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 14, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #103 of 802
Hey guys, are there any shops that ship this little amp worldwide? I've found it on aliexpress, but it seems to be unavailable at the moment and Amazon doesn't ship them to Poland unfortunately. Is there any other source that sells them for around 100 usd and could ship to Poland?

May 14, 2019 at 6:07 AM Post #104 of 802
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back