Loxjie P20 Discussion- Starved for information on this thing!
May 1, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #76 of 802
A note from my balanced experiment. Using my new cable directly from DAP to amp, there is a hum. It is not noticeable during playback. Max the volume and it's very loud. If I move the DAP around it can range from loud to almost silent. It is definitely the cable.

Balanced in to SE in was not the huge upgrade that I was hoping for. Combine that with the hum and it makes you say hhhmmmm...

At this point I will just file it under nothing ventured, nothing gained. Lots more listening to do.

Shane D

May 1, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #77 of 802
You got me curious so, here we go. 4.4mm to dual 3pin XLR cable. Here are the pics of what I was measuring:

Matching the 3 pin XLR plug, the pin on the far right is the positive one, the bottom/middle one is the negative and left is the ground.
Of course with the 4.4mm plug you are looking at (from the tip in), L+, L-, R+, R- and ground.

Is this what you were looking for?

Shane D
Yes, you got it.

I'm also looking at the different cable combinations.
My DAC is non-balanced so here is what I got so far.
xlr to RCA. Works real good.
Waiting on the headphone balanced wires.

xlr_RCA.JPG Thank you.

Last edited:
May 1, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #78 of 802
Yes, you got it.

I'm also looking at the different cable combinations.
My DAC is non-balanced so here is what I got so far.
xlr to RCA.

Thank you.

If you're not sending out a balanced signal, what's the use of XLR termination?

Shane D

May 1, 2019 at 8:27 PM Post #79 of 802
If you're not sending out a balanced signal, what's the use of XLR termination?

Shane D
Ha, your right.
For now it just works until I get the balanced XLR 4 pin headphone re-wired.

The amp can do input from behind balanced XLR and out the front standard 1/4 Stereo headphone jack, NOT using XLR 4 pin yet.
I just choose the inputs and outputs so I can use it while I wait. Not my final setup, it's a work in progress.
The two rca to XLR wires were very cheap, both were $10 with shipping on cheapbay and just work.

I'm saving for a balanced DAC, future purchase.

Last edited:
May 1, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #80 of 802
May 2, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #81 of 802
You and me both!:grinning:

Shane D
Check out the Sabaj DA 3 thread over on AC. I use mine with the PA 20 and sounds great for a 200 dollar combo.

May 2, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #82 of 802
Check out the Sabaj DA 3 thread over on AC. I use mine with the PA 20 and sounds great for a 200 dollar combo.

AC?

Shane D

May 2, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #83 of 802

I am not really looking for a DAC/amp and I have portable amps now that I don't use (Topping NX3s and FiiO A5).

I have a few DAC's on my list:
1) Cambridge Audio DAC Magic plus. Maybe used.

2) NAD D-1050. Almost affordable locally. Thinking about making an offer.

3) ENOG2 Pro. Hate needing an adapter. Great price though.

4) SMSL SU-8. Almost bought this the other day on sale, but I don't use PayPal anymore. If MassDrop picks it up again, I will probably jump on.

Shane D

May 2, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #84 of 802

It's funny, after you mentioning the above. I look on Amazon.ca and it is $149.00 (Canadian). I then go to Canuck Audio Mart and a guy is selling one for $75.00. It's like it is supposed to happen.:anguished::blush:

Shane D

May 2, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #86 of 802
May 2, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #87 of 802
How do you have them cabled? I see the DAC/amp has 2.5mm balanced outs.

Shane D

May 2, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #88 of 802
How do you have them cabled? I see the DAC/amp has 2.5mm balanced outs.

Shane D
There is a cable linked to in that thread that is 2.5 mm trrs and 3.5 mm TRS. The 4 pole for signal and the 3.5 you are using for the 2 grounds. It's terminated on the amp end in xlr.

May 2, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #89 of 802
Sorry didn't know if we're allowed to mention other forums. Audio Circle

I went over there and it turns out I have a log-in.:grin:

I went by there quite a while ago, but the headphone chatter was a very small part of the forum and so i moved on.

Shane D

May 2, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #90 of 802

I went by there quite a while ago, but the headphone chatter was a very small part of the forum and so i moved on.

Shane D
It's in the cheap and cheerful section. The thread is amazing dac's for peanuts.

Shane D
It's in the cheap and cheerful section. The thread is amazing dac's for peanuts. The cable is about 75 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back