Loxjie P20 Discussion- Starved for information on this thing!
Dec 13, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #241 of 806
@NiTROAUDiO,

I suggest looking just searching tybe equivalents in either google search or duckduckgo just to make sure they are correct but from memory, this doesn't seem so but don't quote me.

I would also recommend the following resources :

radiomuseum.org
tubes-store.com
thetubestore.com

Hope you have a great day !

Dec 16, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #242 of 806
I've got my 6N3P-DR from this site here. It's based in the Netherlands.

Direct url for the 6N3P-DR (scroll down. they're at the bottom)
https://www.tubesandrecords.com/pre-amplifier-tubes/ecc83-12ax7-5751-7025/

There's a nice range of tubes, including the above as matched pairs with variations on error % for the matching parameters.

Hope this might help.
What version of the different options should I buy? I do not kniw anything about tube but need to get the best. There is an option with triodes? Thanks for any help

Dec 16, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #243 of 806
What version of the different options should I buy? I do not kniw anything about tube but need to get the best. There is an option with triodes? Thanks for any help

This is the page for the Reflector 6N3P-DR, at the bottom.
Sellect "Matched 1% + balanced triodes"
Total (matched pair)= 40Eur

https://www.tubesandrecords.com/pre-amplifier-tubes/ecc83-12ax7-5751-7025/

The web shop owner is very helpful. Drop him an email in case of doubt.

PS: You are aware this ships from the Netherlands?

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #244 of 806
Dec 18, 2019 at 2:04 AM Post #245 of 806

Hi @Jorgitok,

If you want to learn more about tubes, I suggest the following resources :

radiomuseum.org
tubes-store.com
thetubestore.com

Enjoy those tubes !

Dec 19, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #246 of 806
@NiTROAUDiO,

I suggest looking just searching tybe equivalents in either google search or duckduckgo just to make sure they are correct but from memory, this doesn't seem so but don't quote me.

I would also recommend the following resources :

radiomuseum.org
tubes-store.com
thetubestore.com

Thanks so much for help and info

Dec 23, 2019 at 3:11 AM Post #248 of 806
My 5ft Periapt HD6XX XLR balanced cable arrived and I'm thinking how could I have spent $140 AUS on a HP cable but I'm glad I did. Might nearly be as noticeable an improvement as stock valves to Reflector 6N3P-DR. The P20 keeps on giving and I'm a very happy owner having spent all day listening to music. Merry Christmas everyone :)

Dec 23, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #249 of 806
I've been listening to my P20 with an upgraded linear PSU:

WEILIANG AUDIO 25W linear regulated power supply double output https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1000004386010.html

There's a marked improvement driving low-ish impedance headphones (Z7M2, 56 ohms): The bass and sub-bass sounded more focused and tighter. Overall sound is less veiled, better instrument separation. On higher impedance headphones (HD 600, 300 ohms) it's harder to notice the improvement.

Very happy with the PSU upgrade! :floatsmile:

p.s. Be sure to order the correct DC plug. The P20 accepts 5.5mm x 2.5mm DC plugs.

Dec 23, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #250 of 806
I bought the P20 a few weeks ago and have been very impressed. I wanted to try a full balanced set up so I built some dual 3.5mm TRS to XLR cables to interface my Pono Player in balanced mode to the P20, using LCD-2 and EL-8 closed back balanced headphones. I changed out tubes to GE5670's I had on hand. Sound is surprisingly good - I am really enjoying the sound profile. Clear and full sound that to me has just a touch of tube flavor in a good way. From reading the comments here I have ordered a matched pair of the Russian 6N3P-DR tubes and a better 12v 5a power supply. Looking forward to tweaking this little gem further. It really is a blast for the money.

Dec 23, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #252 of 806
But is it? First HP amp I've ever used. Adding Meanwell 6amp ps and 6N4P-DR valves and the price of it has nearly doubled. Sure, with the HD 6XX, Periapt cable combo it does sound beautiful.
My question is: Assuming high end conversion and balanced XLR going in, what sort of $US needs to be spent to trump it? Confidently trump it. I would love to know. Novice speaking here but I think I would need to start saving.

Dec 23, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #253 of 806
I've got an older 12VDC @ 3A linear power supply, that has dual banana jack outputs.

To upgrade the power for my P20, I'm thinking of ordering either one of these high quality $15 connectors, to use for assembling my own power cable -
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Oyaide-DC-...plug-made-in-Japan-FREE-SHIPPING/174050535100
s-l1600.jpg

- or one of these already assembled $45 2-meter cables -
https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC27-Oyaid...Canare-4S6-DC-Interconnect-Cable/323285679934
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2019 at 6:36 AM Post #254 of 806
But is it? First HP amp I've ever used. Adding Meanwell 6amp ps and 6N4P-DR valves and the price of it has nearly doubled. Sure, with the HD 6XX, Periapt cable combo it does sound beautiful.
My question is: Assuming high end conversion and balanced XLR going in, what sort of $US needs to be spent to trump it? Confidently trump it. I would love to know. Novice speaking here but I think I would need to start saving.

Honestly @Mark James Richardson,

Considering how pear shaped the Oz dollar is going, I suggest sticking with the P20 for some time & just enjoy the thing.
Others will certainly disagree but you will be hard pressed to get much better tube amp wise & since you're in the big brown land, this doesn't help...at least without a good demo.
Subjectively & personally, what will influence better sonic performance overall will be potentially a better DAC or source device.
As a final point, tube amps which support bigger tube variants will also impact sound though whether it is better or beat P20 will depend on you.
For example, one I'm considering when I have more spare in the budget is the Prima Luna Evo 100, non DAC version though this is more for the collection, so to speak, than beat any other gear I have.

Hope this is useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back