Low volume in one earbud of Shure SE530s
Aug 18, 2010 at 11:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Macphisto

New Head-Fier
My SE530 earbuds have been great, however, yesterday the volume cut out of the Left earbud by a drastic amount.  I can barely hear anything out of it.  They are out of warranty so I'm looking at 145 dollars if I want them replaced.  There's a little bit of fraying on the wire as it comes out of the Y-splitter, but as best I can tell it's only the grounding that is frayed and toying with it( i.e. getting it to reconnect ) doesn't make a change.

Does anyone know if you can actually get inside the case for the earbud itself or otherwise have any advice?

Thank you
Mac 

Aug 18, 2010 at 11:13 AM Post #2 of 5
If it's 140 to replace are they going to give you the 535s?

Aug 18, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #4 of 5
I see, well once you open up the shell unless you have professional tools I do not think you will be able to put it back together. The only other option other than getting them replaced would be getting them re-shelled into customs which will probably be more expensive. If comes down to either getting the replacement or a re-shelling I would see if they are going to be giving you a brand new 535 that might be a good alternative. If you are loving your 530s right now you will love the 535s even more.

Aug 18, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #5 of 5
Opening up a SE530 require a little brute force since the whole casing is glued shut. I know some Chinese company will do recabling on SE530 but even the best of them will leave ugly tool mark on the housing, it is just unavoidable. You best option will be to have it reshelled. If the problem is truly near the Y-splitter, another easier solution will be to re-terminate the jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back