Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Feb 14, 2024 at 12:57 PM Post #8,986 of 9,285
also ordered the ivipQ-101 too as that's supposed to be good as well.
IvipQ-101 is really good cable. The sound become warmer, more smooth, even more lush.

Feb 17, 2024 at 8:33 AM Post #8,988 of 9,285
I'm currently at a loss looking for a budget cable that could add some treble and air for my Thieaudio Elixir, I had a copper-silver mix cable from a local builder but I didn't felt any improvements that i was looking for (it did made the bass tighter though, which I liked). Can anyone recommend a fitting cable for me? thanks. (bonus if its modular I guess? but if I want that I would've just gotten Kinera Leyding already)

By EQ for visualization, this is the increase im looking for (of course you could argue that I can just EQ, but my current DAP doesnt have a customizable EQ)
Screenshot 2024-02-17 203122.png

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #8,989 of 9,285
I'm currently at a loss looking for a budget cable that could add some treble and air for my Thieaudio Elixir, I had a copper-silver mix cable from a local builder but I didn't felt any improvements that i was looking for (it did made the bass tighter though, which I liked). Can anyone recommend a fitting cable for me? thanks. (bonus if its modular I guess? but if I want that I would've just gotten Kinera Leyding already)

By EQ for visualization, this is the increase im looking for (of course you could argue that I can just EQ, but my current DAP doesnt have a customizable EQ)
Screenshot 2024-02-17 203122.png
Search in ali the nicehck silvercat, with coupons for 30$ its a nice option

Feb 17, 2024 at 11:25 AM Post #8,991 of 9,285
I'm trying to make my own wireless, full-sized headphone with a Qudelix 5K. So I'm looking to cutdown on the weight and clutter of a long cable and keep the cable connection compact and close to the headphones.

Does anyone know of someone selling short cables, preferrably with right-angle headphone connectors?

Feb 17, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #8,992 of 9,285
I'm sure I've seen people say good things about this XINHS cable: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002350509830.html

In the UK, with store discount codes and coins it's reduced to under £20 (excluding VAT) - is this a price worth grabbing one at?

Appreciate the thoughts who know more about cables and pricing thanks. I already have a couple of cables on or soon to be on the way (NiceHCK SnowCat and IVIPQ-101)

Feb 17, 2024 at 2:13 PM Post #8,993 of 9,285
I'm sure I've seen people say good things about this XINHS cable: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002350509830.html

In the UK, with store discount codes and coins it's reduced to under £20 (excluding VAT) - is this a price worth grabbing one at?

Appreciate the thoughts who know more about cables and pricing thanks. I already have a couple of cables on or soon to be on the way (NiceHCK SnowCat and IVIPQ-101)
It’s a very nice cable and a great price for it. You can really hear the seperate copper and silver cores, giving a uniquely thick but articulate tone. My only criticism is that it lacks a little sub-bass extension to my ears, but is otherwise really good. Particularly useful for adding some life to an IEM that is a little dull.

Feb 17, 2024 at 2:49 PM Post #8,994 of 9,285
while i suppose ali is a good place to check the product, indonesia has banned any product purchase and delivery from ali for a while, so its a no go (i can only find deepsnow and blackcat locally)
Deepsnow its also very good option, maybe even more than the snowcat because it has even more treble extension but a slight less bass quantity and for the technicalities a bit more of resolution and separation

Feb 17, 2024 at 6:02 PM Post #8,996 of 9,285
Really? I'm just waiting for the first post to appear here in which someone evaluates the differences in the effect of cable braiding on its sound. Sorry...
With the amount of rubbish some people talk about cables I’m not surprised you are skeptical, but it’s pretty easy to hear.

Copper cables usually have a warm, musical sound, and silver have a noticeably brighter and more detailed sound. Silver plated copper is something of a mix of the two. That particular cable has separate copper and silver strands and unusually sounds like the output of a silver cable and a copper cable overlaid on eachother. It’s an unusual effect that doesn’t suit every IEM, but for an IEM with a thin or boring sound it really brings it to life, at least to my ears.

I used it for a while with my HiSenior Mega5P, and it gave some much needed dynamics to the sound.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2024 at 7:12 PM Post #8,997 of 9,285
With the amount of rubbish some people talk about cables I’m not surprised you are skeptical, but it’s pretty easy to hear.

Copper cables usually have a warm, musical sound, and silver have a noticeably brighter and more detailed sound. Silver plated copper is something of a mix of the two. That particular cable has separate copper and silver strands and unusually sounds like the output of a silver cable and a copper cable overlaid on eachother. It’s an unusual effect that doesn’t suit every IEM, but for an IEM with a thin or boring sound it really brings it to life, at least to my ears.

I used it for a while with my HiSenior Mega5P, and it gave some much needed dynamics to the sound.
I agree 100%

Grab a pure copper cable with no silver plating and compare it to a pure silver cable. You should definitely be able to hear a difference...if you can't, well I dunno what to say except just be happy that you don't need to cable roll. It is subtle, but the difference between pure copper and pure silver is large enough that I'm sure everyone could hear the difference.

Feb 18, 2024 at 10:14 AM Post #8,998 of 9,285
hello everyone
can someone please advise the best budget cable for Orivetti 700VB.
I am trying to tame the upper mid range harshness/shoutiness. But i do not want to compensate the treble extension.
please help.
Regards
RaB.

i have juzear limpid/ bqez copper.
sources: M15/ Fiio KA5/ Moondrop Dawn 4.4

Feb 20, 2024 at 8:24 AM Post #9,000 of 9,285
NiceHCK IcyMoon

IMG_3604.jpeg

The newest cable by NiceHCK. No idea if it is any good or what the sound characteristics will be, but they have a substantial discount on their Twitter. I just got it for ~£12/$15.
This looks like it will fit my only IEM pretty nicely. Bought, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back