Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Feb 5, 2024 at 4:35 AM Post #8,971 of 9,243
Put it in your basket, Then go to your shopping cart and press the down arrow to see which coupons, coin deductions are being made. Pretty sure the above 5% coin things are always fake. The coin thing is a trap a new comer to Ali Express might fall in but I thought most other people knew this?
IMG_3527.png

There can be fake advertising about coin savings, but it is certainly not a trap. I have used AliExpress for hundreds of items over years and it is common to get minor discounts from coins.

But you are right that it best to check the discounts are actually being applied.

Feb 5, 2024 at 6:32 AM Post #8,972 of 9,243
IMG_3527.png
There can be fake advertising about coin savings, but it is certainly not a trap. I have used AliExpress for hundreds of items over years and it is common to get minor discounts from coins.

But you are right that it best to check the discounts are actually being applied.
Well you specifically mentioned the 17% but as you can see you don't really come close.
From my experience everything over 5% is almost always 5%.
It just irks me a bit that AliExpress does that. Same as allowing companies to put a item title with a cheap price and when you click it the cheap price is just the case or something. Very difficult to properly compare prices that way.
Of course I know I can't buy a PR3 for 5$ but damn, AliExpress needs some work to be more legit. Then again being European with our strict rules I guess I am just not used to these practices.

Feb 5, 2024 at 7:37 AM Post #8,973 of 9,243
Well you specifically mentioned the 17% but as you can see you don't really come close.
From my experience everything over 5% is almost always 5%.
It just irks me a bit that AliExpress does that. Same as allowing companies to put a item title with a cheap price and when you click it the cheap price is just the case or something. Very difficult to properly compare prices that way.
Of course I know I can't buy a PR3 for 5$ but damn, AliExpress needs some work to be more legit. Then again being European with our strict rules I guess I am just not used to these practices.
I know what you mean.

The more expensive the item, the more likely the % discount is not true. I have had significant discounts (and that 17% was real at the time of posting), but it would be a lot easier if AE was more honest about the discounts that would apply.

Feb 5, 2024 at 8:19 AM Post #8,974 of 9,243
What do you think in terms of the extension improvement for the cables?
Hello. Not so knowledgeable what that means, but the changes are like in description of the cable. More reverberations, better bass, on high volume it's really noticable improvement.
Btw, I still changed to the largest eartips Clarion TRI. The bass is really pumping with this cable and eartips) My first expensive cable, so nothing to compare it with, really. But I'm as impressed, as I was with sound, when I first bought this HZSound HM iems. I feel like this iem fully shows itself with this cable.

Feb 7, 2024 at 4:43 AM Post #8,975 of 9,243
Any thoughts on this cable?

1707298922818.png
1707298977265.png

Feb 7, 2024 at 4:57 AM Post #8,976 of 9,243
Feb 7, 2024 at 11:23 AM Post #8,977 of 9,243
I am looking to possibly replace the cable that I got with Final Audio B3 IEMs.
The sound is already great, but the cable has 3.5 mm terminations, and I would like to have 4.4 mm.

The cable looks good, but it's a bit stiff - another con - and it's just a bit shorter than I would prefer.
It's 1.2 m...and I prefer 1.5 m.

I tried a few that I have, but none were good. I tried two from NiceHCK; one was pure silver, and one was silver-plated.

Both of those just killed, vailed mids and treble where B3 shines.
I also tried the one that I got with Dunu Vulkan (on recommendation),
and that one did the same, not as much as those two, but again, it added some vail to the sound signature.

Otherwise, these cables work great with other IEMs, two Dunu, Falcon Ultra with Pure Silver and Vulkan with Silver Plated.
But with B3, they are just not good.

Does anyone have B3, maybe...
or have any recommendations that might be 100% safe and wouldn't change anything, just add better quality on the existing signature?

Final B3 has magical forward vocals that sound like they are in your head, and instruments like guitars, pianos, etc., are pure joy, too.

The only thing I wouldn't mind is if the sub-bass is tighter, and that's all.

I want to keep mids and treble forward.

I would consider cables up to $100, less even better :)

These are the cables I mentioned that I tried and didn't work well with B3:
NiceHCK JIALAI JLY2 HiFi Earphone IEM Upgrade Cable PP Yarn Silver Plated
NiceHCK RedAg 4N Pure Silver

Thanks!

Cheers!

Feb 7, 2024 at 3:18 PM Post #8,978 of 9,243
I am looking to possibly replace the cable that I got with Final Audio B3 IEMs.
The sound is already great, but the cable has 3.5 mm terminations, and I would like to have 4.4 mm.

The cable looks good, but it's a bit stiff - another con - and it's just a bit shorter than I would prefer.
It's 1.2 m...and I prefer 1.5 m.

I tried a few that I have, but none were good. I tried two from NiceHCK; one was pure silver, and one was silver-plated.

Both of those just killed, vailed mids and treble where B3 shines.
I also tried the one that I got with Dunu Vulkan (on recommendation),
and that one did the same, not as much as those two, but again, it added some vail to the sound signature.

Otherwise, these cables work great with other IEMs, two Dunu, Falcon Ultra with Pure Silver and Vulkan with Silver Plated.
But with B3, they are just not good.

Does anyone have B3, maybe...
or have any recommendations that might be 100% safe and wouldn't change anything, just add better quality on the existing signature?

Final B3 has magical forward vocals that sound like they are in your head, and instruments like guitars, pianos, etc., are pure joy, too.

The only thing I wouldn't mind is if the sub-bass is tighter, and that's all.

I want to keep mids and treble forward.

I would consider cables up to $100, less even better :)

These are the cables I mentioned that I tried and didn't work well with B3:
NiceHCK JIALAI JLY2 HiFi Earphone IEM Upgrade Cable PP Yarn Silver Plated
NiceHCK RedAg 4N Pure Silver

Thanks!

Cheers!
That's specific enough that you might be best served going to Xinhs or ivipQ and asking what they recommend. Both are really helpful, and customise for reasonable prices. Though they may be slow to reply due to Chinese New Year.

Feb 7, 2024 at 9:51 PM Post #8,982 of 9,243
Feb 14, 2024 at 8:11 AM Post #8,983 of 9,243
On the NiceHCK Audio Store (on AliExpress), the SnowCat is currently $29.99 after coupons. That seems like a decent price for it?
Its an amazing cable and for that price a sure banger.

Feb 14, 2024 at 10:32 AM Post #8,985 of 9,243
It's been sitting in my shopping cart for the last week, your message just helped me press the "place order" button - also ordered the ivipQ-101 too as that's supposed to be good as well.
I bought the SnowCat after it was recommended in this thread, and it really is good. Great extension, and give really satisfying bass and a small lift to treble. The only negative is that some might find it a little heavy. It’s cables this that keep NiceHCK competitive when IvioQ and Xinhs are so good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back