Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Jan 19, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #8,926 of 9,243
Any opinions on this cable?

8 Strand Pure Silver Cable + Gold-Plated Copper Wire Mixed 2.5/3.5/4.4MM With MMCX/2PIN
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0oT4Wu
1705693491948.png

It was my preferred pairing with the Serial for quite a while. Fleshed it out and squeezed out some top end extension and energy.

Current price looks a bit high though - you’ll save a bit when it goes on sale.

Jan 20, 2024 at 8:05 PM Post #8,927 of 9,243
20231120_104841.jpg
20231120_130212.jpg20231120_130219.jpg
Bought this NiceHCK blacksoul cable with the Yincrow RW3000 to use the Nicehck coupon to bring the price down and I am a bit disappointed with the quality. The heat shrink was not done properly and the skin of the wire itself is hmmm...far from appealing. Sound wise I think it's quite bright and the scene is set a little far from the ear and not very good for imaging but that's without any burn-in. I will likely get the plug upgrade but the golden grips and splitter are definitely quite interesting.

It's a common problem with non-twisted/braided wire. When the heat shrink tube got heated up some parts got heated up first so there is no gap for the air to escape and they didn't do it well enough in a single direction.
Damn, I was considering these cause other's said it tames the treble. But you're saying it's quite bright.

Jan 20, 2024 at 8:46 PM Post #8,928 of 9,243
Jan 20, 2024 at 10:02 PM Post #8,929 of 9,243
Hello,

I am looking for a good cable for my Letshuoer S12 PRO - the Letshuoer Chimera cable
which came with the iem is not comfortable: it is heavy, not supple, and its ear guides
are on the one hand too stiff near the connector (and therefore try to pull out iems
from the ears), while on the other hand they are not contour well around the ears
so that I feel that the cable is going to come loose from its proper place.

I want a new cable of a good quality, not too pricey (my budget is up to 50$), and
to have the following features:

- modular connector (better an angled connector than a straight one)
- good and comfortable ear guides which don't pull out earphones and stay in place behind the ears
- supple and easily handled
- light in weight
- if relevant at all - produce a clear and neutral sound without elevating/reducing anything, with a good
sound stage and technical details (basically, I want the cable just to transfer the signal as is without losses,
and leave any "handling" to iem/EQ)

After looking around on aliexpress, I found two groups of candidates: one is ivipQ-101 from ivipQ,
and another from some seemingly new company called ARTTI (according to posts I have seen
on the forum, it seems somehow related to Letshuoer).

Now, with ivipQ-101 things are a bit more clear: this cable is from a well known firm
who's cables seem to be very similar to XINHS cables, which I used and liked (even though
the cable I used was of a cheaper variety: XINHS 8 Core). This ivipQ-101 cable is supposed to have:

Graphene(3 Groups * 15 Pieces * 0.06mm)+Copper Alloy(4 Groups * 15 Pieces * 0.05mm)

(whatever it means).

Now with ARTTI things are more complicated since I haven't been able to find any reviews
about its cables (though a few pages ago somebody posted a few pictures of one of their
cables), but moreover, there is a confusing variety of similarly priced and similarly looking
cables, and I cannot make sense of which is better suitable for me.

Basically, there are 3 models: ARTTI Clear, ARTTI Spark & ARTTI Wave, and each of the
models has 2 sub-models which seem to differ only by cable's color: either white or blue
(and in case of Wave: black & white/green).

According to descriptions, they are made of the following materials:

ARTTI Wave: 8 cores and 144 strands of silver-plated 7N OCC copper (here is black one, and here is white/green one)
ARTTI Spark: 2 cores and 244 strands of 7N OCC copper + Silver twisted wire (here is blue one, and here is white one)
ARTTI Clear: 2 cores and 756 strands of silver-plated 7N OCC copper (here is blue one, and here is white one)

I listen to classical music, usually 16bit/44.1khz via Qudelix (will also probably get something like DC04 Pro, Tanchjim Space
or Moondrop Dawn Pro). From a purely visual perspective Spark & Clear look better to me (since all their strands are
inside and therefore there are less things which can un-twist. Also, for the same reason they have a cleaner look), but
on the other hand maybe they can be more stiff because of that. And from a sonic perspective, I have no clue what may
be a difference (if there is any meaningfull difference at all).

I guess that I would eventually buy ivipQ-101 (which is in any case the cheapest of all the lot) & one of the ARTTI ones.

Can please somebody help me make sense between ARTTI ones?

P.S.: if I were to judge only by cost of materials mentioned in the description, I would say that the "best" one is Spark,
then Clear, and finally Wave. The small differences in cost between the models seem to reflect this as well (Spark
being the most expensice, Wave is the least). Don't know if it means anything beyond that.
I have the ARTTI Clear's. The build quality is insane to start off with, and sound quality is really good. It expands soundstage and is relatively clean with no noticeable coloring. Very happy with this purchase

Jan 21, 2024 at 8:40 AM Post #8,930 of 9,243
Hello guys,
I'm looking for a cable to my IEM Final Audio E4000 - MMCX.

-Budget is 10-50 USD.
-I prefer neutral sound, I really liked the original cable sound.
-The most important thing is that cable need to be as most comfortable as possible and preferably thin - I also liked original in this case.
-Prefered color: black
-I would be using those headphones mostly for an intensive bike ride.

So more or less I am looking for replacement for the original cable (that not cost as much as original and is way more durable hopefully).
I've been reading so much of this thread, but I couldn't find the definite answer for my question and what I look for. I really hope you can guys help me with it.

I already bought (I think it was NiceHCK) cable 2-3 years ago, and I didnt really enjoyed it it was really heavy, thick, bulky and it was noticeably cutting very highend above 16khz.

What I found by myself:
https://aliexpress.com/item/1005005268853552.html
https://aliexpress.com/item/1005003567804290.html
https://aliexpress.com/item/1005005048168663.html
https://aliexpress.com/item/1005004844616752.html

I know I already posted it but had no real help. I hope that someone could take few minutes and give me a good solution.

Jan 21, 2024 at 10:07 AM Post #8,931 of 9,243
Hello guys,

-Budget is 10-50 USD.
-The most important thing is that cable need to be as most comfortable as possible and preferably thin - I also liked original in this case.

So more or less I am looking for replacement for the original cable (that not cost as much as original and is way more durable hopefully).
I've been reading so much of this thread, but I couldn't find the definite answer for my question and what I look for. I really hope you can guys help me with it.

I already bought (I think it was NiceHCK) cable 2-3 years ago, and I didnt really enjoyed it it was really heavy, thick, bulky and it was noticeably cutting very highend above 16khz.

What I found by myself:

I know I already posted it but had no real help. I hope that someone could take few minutes and give me a good solution.
The last cable you posted is quite good: bassier with airy treble and transparent mids.
And this cable - I bought it for $29 only, but it was two years ago - very-very good!

Jan 21, 2024 at 2:21 PM Post #8,932 of 9,243
Hello guys,

-Budget is 10-50 USD.

What I found by myself:

Was in the same shoe. I just want to remind you that the stock cable on E4000, the Final C112, is extremely good to begin with. Especially if you like the midrange. It has a weak bass that goes well with the E4000’s bassy tuning. I’ve gone through the entire Onso IECT series to try to replace the C112. I’ve also tried the Z1R stock cable, A8000 stock cable, and many more that are of a similar form factor in the process, as I thought the whole point of using E4000 is to enjoy the portability. And in the end only the $200 iect_06 provided a pareto improvement.

I support you going down this rabbit hole, as this is what the hobby is about, but don’t be surprised if it leads you back to square one :)

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2024 at 8:16 PM Post #8,933 of 9,243
IMG_6450.jpeg
Just got the Artti Wave in for my QuietSea. I still may shell out for a full custom later on but I just wanted something modular for the one MMCX connection I have.

I don’t like how there isn’t a locking system. Everything else seems nice; reminds me of the BlackCat from NiceHCK a bit.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2024 at 3:05 PM Post #8,934 of 9,243
Was in the same shoe. I just want to remind you that the stock cable on E4000, the Final C112, is extremely good to begin with. Especially if you like the midrange. It has a weak bass that goes well with the E4000’s bassy tuning. I’ve gone through the entire Onso IECT series to try to replace the C112. I’ve also tried the Z1R stock cable, A8000 stock cable, and many more that are of a similar form factor in the process, as I thought the whole point of using E4000 is to enjoy the portability. And in the end only the $200 iect_06 provided a pareto improvement.

I support you going down this rabbit hole, as this is what the hobby is about, but don’t be surprised if it leads you back to square one :)

Thank you for reply!

My stock C112 is loosing the signal, however I was really careful with those IEMs and cable. I mostly use it for bike riding, so Im looking for something that is mostly portable, light, closest to the original.
I dont want to spend another ~80-100 USD for original C112 to have it again broken.

Jan 27, 2024 at 5:38 AM Post #8,935 of 9,243
Hi guys, I'm using Thieaudio Hype 2, I want to emphasize the mid range and sometime the bass
I tried with TRN T3 Pro Pure silver cable, I love how it boosts the mid range, but I faced imbalance issue while on demo, which keep me not buying it.
I heard a lot of good review about the NiceHCK brand.
I'm planning to buy the NiceHCK SnowAg which is pure silver to boost mid range, I still have no idea which model will improve the bass. Can you guys please give me some recommendations :D tks

Any other cables which can boost the mid range and a little bit bass are welcome. My budget ~100$

Jan 27, 2024 at 5:56 AM Post #8,936 of 9,243
Hi guys, I'm using Thieaudio Hype 2, I want to emphasize the mid range and sometime the bass
I tried with TRN T3 Pro Pure silver cable, I love how it boosts the mid range, but I faced imbalance issue while on demo, which keep me not buying it.
I heard a lot of good review about the NiceHCK brand.
I'm planning to buy the NiceHCK SnowAg which is pure silver to boost mid range, I still have no idea which model will improve the bass. Can you guys please give me some recommendations :D tks

Any other cables which can boost the mid range and a little bit bass are welcome. My budget ~100$
Silver usually boosts brightness and detail, not mids.

The cheapest mid-boosting cable I know is the NiceHCK BlackCat (often sold ~$15). It gives a small lift to bass and a bigger boost to mids, and really is a great cable. Its big brother, the BlackCat Ultra (~$30), is a thicker cable and has a smoother sound. The boosts are smaller on the Ultra, but with a cleaner transition.

A fat pure copper cable like this one (non-silver plated version ~$25) might also give the warmth you want, though possibly at the cost of detail.

Next, the Penon PAC480 (~$50) is another big, heavy cable that gives a warm rich sound. It’s also beautiful, at least in my opinion.

Finally, the Penon’s Vocal ($70) is great for boosting mids in a very musical way, I just wish it was less gold. Also the hardware is plastic, but you might be able to have them change that.

I have all these cables, and can attest to them all being good.

Jan 27, 2024 at 6:32 AM Post #8,937 of 9,243
Silver usually boosts brightness and detail, not mids.

The cheapest mid-boosting cable I know is the NiceHCK BlackCat (often sold ~$15). It gives a small lift to bass and a bigger boost to mids, and really is a great cable. Its big brother, the BlackCat Ultra (~$30), is a thicker cable and has a smoother sound. The boosts are smaller on the Ultra, but with a cleaner transition.

A fat pure copper cable like this one (non-silver plated version ~$25) might also give the warmth you want, though possibly at the cost of detail.

Next, the Penon PAC480 (~$50) is another big, heavy cable that gives a warm rich sound. It’s also beautiful, at least in my opinion.

Finally, the Penon’s Vocal ($70) is great for boosting mids in a very musical way, I just wish it was less gold. Also the hardware is plastic, but you might be able to have them change that.

I have all these cables, and can attest to them all being good.
Thanks for recommendations, I wish I heard this advice few weeks ago :) Some buddy on my local was selling 2nd hand Penon Vocal for 25$ at that time.

Jan 27, 2024 at 6:42 AM Post #8,938 of 9,243
First, it is worth trying to replace the earplugs. I recommend Feaulle H570. With them, the sound will become more open, thus all frequencies will be better heard without changing the frequency balance. If you want to increase the bass and midrange, then you should look at it from the other side - you need to reduce the high frequencies. A cable with graphene will reduce the intensity of high frequencies without reducing detail. I would recommend the ivipQ-40 cable
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EJpWmMp
P.S. I have the Black Cat and must say its SQ is quite poor.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2024 at 7:00 AM Post #8,939 of 9,243
I agree, this cable is very decent, with quite good technicalities. Just one drawback - insufficient transparency.

Jan 27, 2024 at 7:21 AM Post #8,940 of 9,243
As Jerwardemy says, the BlackCat is a great choice for your EW200, and should do exactly what you want. The PurpleSE may be what you need for the Reds, though the colour combination is less ideal. Those 2 cables (when on a good sale) are fantastic value, and proof you can get great sounding cables without spending a lot.

If you wanted a step up from the PurpleSE, you would probably have to spend ~$30+ for a decent silver plated copper cable from Xinhs or ivipQ. Or possibly a ~$45 Penon OS133. Even then the improvement over the PurpleSE is small.

Honestly, if you were previously using stock cables then the 2 you chose were possibly the best budget choices you could have made. If you are keen to spend more, maybe look at tips or a DAC next.
@Echalon Just coming back to your advice, which I've found very helpful thanks. I've been using the PurpleSE on my Zero Red (with the stock tips) and I'm much happier with them now. Just a bit nicer to listen to and I'm spending more time enjoying these IEMS. With the EW200, the Blackcat is also an improvement and I'm been trying some KBear 07 tips on them which have been good too.

So I'm now looking at the next cable/tip upgrades as I can't justify the expense of some EA500LM's as yet (and I'm happier with the IEMs I have now).

For the Zero Red's I'm thinking of taking your advice and ordering a Penon OS133 cable.

For the EW200's I've ordered a pair of Spinfit W1 tips (which arrive tomorrow) which @Click recommended in the post below. I'm also considering the Penon CS819 cable for the EW200 but that would have to wait another month (from a budgeting point of view).

Any other suggestions appreciated! Especially for cables/tips that might get the best out of the EW200s - that are up to £40. I'm wondering about the Penon PAC480 as well - partly due to it's "special" price. Many thanks

Speaking of a cable that costs more than the IEM, EW200 paired with Penon CS819 and Spinfit W1 is incredible.

Can't believe how good this combo sounds.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Myek
Back