Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Jan 11, 2024 at 7:06 PM Post #8,912 of 9,243
A cheap, warm cable that is far superior to the stock KZ cables is the NiceHCK BlackCat. Should be ~$15 in QDC, though they often try to charge more.

On my MP145 I use the ivipQ 243. It has good bass and mids, and a slightly soft treble. Not rolled off, just easy on the ears. Currently on their Winter sale. You'll need to ask for 2 pin (not recessed) termination, free of charge.

I got the silver plated version of this cable for my ER2-XR and regretted not getting the pure copper for extra warmth. Because I don't have this exact cable I'm less sure of this than my other recommendations.
Thanks a lot for your reply and recommendations ! I read some good reviews about the BlackCat and it is still in my cart ... Will the more expensive NiceHCK LitzPS-Pro be worth much higher price ?

Jan 11, 2024 at 7:20 PM Post #8,913 of 9,243
Thanks a lot for your reply and recommendations ! I read some good reviews about the BlackCat and it is still in my cart ... Will the more expensive NiceHCK LitzPS-Pro be worth much higher price ?
If I remember correctly, that is pure silver. As such it is likely going to be bright and detailed. If that is what you want, it is likely a decent option (though look at pure silver cables from Xinhs & ivipQ). From what your initial post said, you might prefer something warmer.

Also, there's no need to spend a lot to get a great cable. Even with ~80 cables, I often still use the BlackCat and similar simply because I like them. Expensive cables are often just about getting the exact sonic characteristics you want... and never quite getting there.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2024 at 7:27 PM Post #8,914 of 9,243
If I remember correctly, that is pure silver. As such it is likely going to be bright and detailed. If that is what you want, it is likely a decent option (though look at pure silver cables from Xinhs & ivipQ). From what your initial post said, you might prefer something warmer.

Also, there's no need to spend a lot to get a great cable. Even with ~80 cables, I often still use the BlackCat and similar simply because I like them. Expensive cables are often just about getting the exact sonic characteristics you want... and never quite getting there.
Thanks a lot for your advice ! Will look for Xinhs & ivipQ silver cables.

Jan 14, 2024 at 2:23 PM Post #8,915 of 9,243
Jan 15, 2024 at 6:32 AM Post #8,916 of 9,243
Sorry to quote myself, but i'm impressed that this cable arrived in under a week. I've had a chance to confirm it's working, but that's it so far.
also have a this cable.

This a very cool cable.

About sound: full body sound with some soft mids/ warm-soft sound.

Jan 15, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #8,918 of 9,243
Ok, I am about to lose it !!😡
Any good cables with firm connection for ie900 on AE ?

I just want a modular cable with firm connection to the ie900 so it won't disconnect with a flinch....
ivipQ/XINHS can helps to you :wink:

Just write to him

Jan 16, 2024 at 2:34 AM Post #8,921 of 9,243

Looking for a beefy high-performance IEM cable under $200? I've just evaluated four great new choices, which you're invited to read here. :smile:

Includes NiceHCK DragonScale • Penon ASOS • NiceHCK FirstTouch • Simgot LC7 full reviews.

Jan 19, 2024 at 12:40 PM Post #8,922 of 9,243
NiceHCK is discontinuing GoldCrown and cutting the price to clear remaining stock, so I picked one up.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005240213367.html

With the discount code 8399SALE and coins, my 4.4mm MMCX came up to about $78 before tax.

There are a couple of impressions and even measurements around headfi and it seems like a decent one.

(I don’t get anything from this. Just sharing what seems to be a good deal when I come across one)

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2024 at 12:49 PM Post #8,923 of 9,243
NiceHCK is discontinuing GoldCrown and cutting the price to clear remaining stock, so I picked one up.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005240213367.html

With the discount code 8399SALE and coins, my 4.4mm MMCX came up to about $78 before tax.

There are a couple of impressions and even measurements around headfi and it seems like a decent one.

(I don’t get anything from this. Just sharing what seems to be a good deal when I come across one)
Those cables sure a nice. But are they really worth it for that price?

Jan 19, 2024 at 1:06 PM Post #8,924 of 9,243
Those cables sure a nice. But are they really worth it for that price?

Well apart from your budget, I’d say it depends on how well it matches up with the rest of your gear. Tbh, MeetAlice and FirstTouch were meh to me, OurLaura was kind of headed the same way (wasn’t quite convinced pairing it with my Miroak-II or JVC woodies) until I dug deep and discovered that I particularly like its synergy with Lyra II.

Jan 19, 2024 at 2:44 PM Post #8,925 of 9,243
Any opinions on this cable?

8 Strand Pure Silver Cable + Gold-Plated Copper Wire Mixed 2.5/3.5/4.4MM With MMCX/2PIN
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0oT4Wu
1705693491948.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back