Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Dec 5, 2023 at 4:31 PM Post #8,851 of 9,211
Hey,
I already bought (I think it was NiceHCK) cable 2-3 years ago, and I didnt really enjoyed it it was really heavy, thick, bulky and it was noticeably cutting very highend above 16khz, thats why I am asking for help
Well not that I knew it and not black but they state silver and at 4w it seems to be quite supple and reasonably priced...
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EwGSayp

Dec 10, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #8,852 of 9,211
What would you recommend for a very bright china cable that doesnt mess with timing and imaging? Usually solid core (no litz!) pure silver cables (lavricable) are the way to go for timing and brightness.

Dec 22, 2023 at 7:35 PM Post #8,855 of 9,211
Hi folks, I apologize if my question's already been answered before, but I can't reasonably go through all 591 pages of this thread - I'm looking for some custom XLR cables for my DCA Aeon 2 Noire and I can see some very reasonably priced ones on Aliexpress in the $30-40 range for a 1.2m cable. A couple of questions:

1) How good/bad are Aliexpress cables? Are they actually of the quality and purity they say they are?
2) What is the difference between a 16-core and 8-core cable? Initial reading seems to suggest that it's about the number of strands/thickness of the overall cable. Isn't it generally accepted that a thinner cable is more flexible, lighter, and comfortable? If that's the case and core count has nothing to do with audio transmission, is there ever any reason to pick a 16-core cable?
3) Similarly, what is the difference between a solid core cable vs litz? Why would anyone get one over the other?
4) For those of you who've purchased an Aliexpress cable and needed any kind of help/customer support, how did that work out? Are there some companies you'd rather work with?

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2023 at 8:02 PM Post #8,856 of 9,211
Hi folks, I apologize if my question's already been answered before, but I can't reasonably go through all 591 pages of this thread - I'm looking for some custom XLR cables for my DCA Aeon 2 Noire and I can see some very reasonably priced ones on Aliexpress in the $30-40 range for a 1.2m cable. A couple of questions:

1) How good/bad are Aliexpress cables? Are they actually of the quality and purity they say they are?
2) What is the difference between a 16-core and 8-core cable? Initial reading seems to suggest that it's about the number of strands/thickness of the overall cable. Isn't it generally accepted that a thinner cable is more flexible, lighter, and comfortable? If that's the case and core count has nothing to do with audio transmission, is there ever any reason to pick a 16-core cable?
3) For those of you who've purchased an Aliexpress cable and needed any kind of help/customer support, how did that work out? Are there some companies you'd rather work with?
AliExpress is a collection of vendors, and there are both good and bad. A lot probably exaggerate the purity of the materials, but if you stick to recommended sellers then you should be happy with your purchase.

I have bought far too many AE cables, and have had only positive experiences. Twice I had to ask for support. A NiceHck cable had sound on only one side, and when I sent the seller a video demonstrating it, they sent a replacement. Also a package with 2 Xinhs cables was lost by the mail company, and the seller resent them.

My personal recommendations are Xinhs and ivipQ. Both usually customise for no extra charge, and have excellent customer support.

Dec 27, 2023 at 2:54 AM Post #8,858 of 9,211
Doing a Taobao haul at the moment. Are there any new Taobao/non-AE cables that worth my attention?

Also a shameless plug for my listing on 8 XINHS cables...

Dec 28, 2023 at 2:59 AM Post #8,859 of 9,211
Is the NiceHCK Purplese the go-to cable for a newbie?

Looking to replace the Ikko OH10 cable that tangles if even look at is, and the Purplese seems like a good option from the few pages I’ve read. I’m happy with the OH10 sound but if I had to go one way then I’d prefer bass over treble from the cable. Not looking to spend much at all really and I can see the Purplese is around £14 on AE.

Dec 28, 2023 at 3:49 AM Post #8,860 of 9,211
AliExpress es una colección de proveedores, y los hay buenos y malos. Probablemente muchos exageren la pureza de los materiales, pero si se ciñe a los vendedores recomendados, estará satisfecho con su compra.

He comprado demasiados cables AE y sólo he tenido experiencias positivas. Dos veces tuve que pedir apoyo. Un cable NiceHck tenía sonido en un solo lado, y cuando le envié al vendedor un video demostrándolo, me enviaron un reemplazo. Además, la empresa de correo perdió un paquete con 2 cables Xinhs y el vendedor se molestó.

Mis recomendaciones personales son Xinhs e ivipQ. Ambos suelen personalizarse sin cargo adicional y cuentan con una excelente atención al cliente.
And Lunashop good quality

Dec 28, 2023 at 3:51 AM Post #8,861 of 9,211
Is the NiceHCK Purplese the go-to cable for a newbie?

Looking to replace the Ikko OH10 cable that tangles if even look at is, and the Purplese seems like a good option from the few pages I’ve read. I’m happy with the OH10 sound but if I had to go one way then I’d prefer bass over treble from the cable. Not looking to spend much at all really and I can see the Purplese is around £14 on AE.

PurpleSE will slightly tone down the treble, I probably have more of these than any other cable. Use a silver plated copper cable if you want a brighter result. Pure silver is more expensive and only for if you crave really bright tunings (ie. already deaf). BlackCat would also work if you don't mind a bulkier cable. If you want something softer C16-3 is really comfortable with no earhooks (weight of OH10 could be a problem with that).

XINHS and IvipQ are good options and aren't quite as expensive as NiceHCK outside of sales.:L3000:

Dec 28, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #8,865 of 9,211

Users who are viewing this thread

Back