Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Nov 28, 2023 at 10:46 PM Post #8,822 of 9,288
Thanks for the tease... But, how do they sound? :wink:
Sorry, I haven't listened to any of these NiceHCK or multi-kilobuck cables before :hear_no_evil:

However, I do have the NiceHCK AceOrpheus cable. The only bad thing is that I accidentally purchased it with an MMCX connector and the only MMCX IEM I have is the Dunu Falcon Ultra. The AceOrpheus seems to attenuate the bass on the Falcon Ultra and brings the mids more forward. It's not a good pairing with the Falcon Ultra imo since I like it more v-shaped. I actually use the Falcon Ultra with the NiceHCK SuperBlue that doesn't seem to be sold anymore on NiceHCK's AE store. I only see it at other AE stores selling for 6x the price I originally paid.

Nov 28, 2023 at 10:57 PM Post #8,823 of 9,288
So after spending some more time with the MeetAlice, I have a few more thoughts. The original description on AE had me thinking it would be an across the board improvement (Bass/Mids/Treble), and I went into my first listen expecting that. I still feel it has less bass and treble than my stock Tea 2 cable, but the Mids are quite resolving and natural. I do still feel like it makes the upper mids sound too forward with my Tea 2's, especially on busier high energy tracks, but on slower acoustic type music the Mids of the MeetAlice are pretty sweet.

Oh...and PurpleSE is being delivered tomorrow 👍

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2023 at 3:23 AM Post #8,825 of 9,288
Gladiator Cables make some quality cables at reasonable prices.

They have cheapies and also expensive cables with more exotic materials.

https://gladiatorcables.com/gladiator-line

https://gladiatorcables.com/caesar-line

It does take a while for the cables to ship and arrive, especially if you get the cables customized (need to message "Antonio" or "Gladiator Toni" on Discord). It's a 1-man operation and I think he's swamped with orders now.

My custom "Aes Harmony" IEM cable is really nice. Very supple, lightweight, comfortable, and high quality components. No tangling, no microphonics, no kinking.

Gladiator Cables.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #8,826 of 9,288
Hit me with a quick suggestion on a copper (no silver) cable please. Cheap bang for a buck etc. etc. Need to resurrect the mids in my Wind.

Nov 29, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #8,830 of 9,288
Hit me with a quick suggestion on a copper (no silver) cable please. Cheap bang for a buck etc. etc. Need to resurrect the mids in my Wind.
NiceHCK Audio Store has C16-3 discounted and 40 percent off with coins. Buy now off coin section in AE app. Cost me about $6 each. :ksc75smile:

(so much for not buying any more cables)

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2023 at 9:10 PM Post #8,832 of 9,288
Dec 2, 2023 at 2:56 AM Post #8,833 of 9,288

I've just finished a review of Penon's Obsidian cable, which features a fairly unique modular plug. You're invited to read it here. :smiley:

Dec 2, 2023 at 9:40 AM Post #8,835 of 9,288

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back