Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Nov 28, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #8,806 of 9,243
There’s nothing wrong - we all listen differently, and as you said it will save you money! So long as you are enjoying your music, your setup is great.
Lord knows you have to be careful talkin cables here the last few days heheh

Nov 28, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #8,807 of 9,243
Ha! Just noticed in Nicehck's tweet about the MeetAlice it says "Cables that lift your vocals"

I'd say that's about right...and in my case it was just too much mixed with the Tea 2's, my dac, my amp, my ears etc

Nov 28, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #8,808 of 9,243
I looked into it a bit, and it turns out NiceHCK had been pretty open about this.

This tweet and this tweet claim that AceOrpheus is an ODM cable designed and manufactured for a confidential German customer to retail at 650 euros in April 2023. How confidential lol. The design, material and structure of the cable was inspired by PWAudio Orpheus... Oddly specific, but I like the transparency.

This tweet calls OurLaura "NiceHCK's Ode To Laura". What ever that means...

This tweet calls FirstTouch "NiceHCK's First TimeS". What ever that means...

This tweet claims MeetAlice's conductor "was originally exported to Singapore and is used in the production of high-end cables". Hmm...
I think these NiceHCK cables are their version of the expensive cables below.

OurLaura - Eletech Ode to Laura
FirstTouch - PWAudio First Times
MeetAlice - PWAudio Meet Agains

Nov 28, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #8,809 of 9,243
Yeah I was a bit thrown off seeing someone tell me, in the most polite way ever, to **** about cables.

Edit: headfi is telling me to **** too!

Nov 28, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #8,812 of 9,243

If people come to a cable thread and complain about people talking about cables....

The discovery thread though! :zipper_mouth::popcorn:

So long as you don't start on about fairy dust and unicorns you should be fine.

If anyone here complains, they can procreatively depart back under their bridge!:rolling_eyes:

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #8,813 of 9,243
It could also be the music that you listen to. My experience is that the better the quality of music (think Nils Lofgren Acoustic Live, Eric Clapton Unplugged or any well-mastered music that are hifi-demo-worthy), the harder it is to hear a difference or to tell a favorite. What I like to do is to start from the most painfully mastered music in my collection (think cheap rhythm game music, 90s underground techno or hip-hop made in FL studio), and try to see if the new cable makes the music more painful or less painful. Then I'll go back to the well-mastered music to see what the changes I heard extrapolate to, and evaluate whether the overall impact it has on my collection of music is positive or negative.

This is a bit of an aside, but it's nice to see Nils mentioned here. He is one of the nicest people I've ever spoken to, so I'm always happy to see people post about his music.

Nov 28, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #8,814 of 9,243
Too much mixed? What do you mean by that?
I was meaning that since the Tea 2 is dark in the treble, it makes the upper mid range stand out more and when you mix that with a cable that also makes that region stand out, it was just too much in my opinion.

If that makes any sense...

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 6:28 PM Post #8,817 of 9,243
IMG_5824.jpeg
XINHS heard me talking cable smack and decided to finally get delivered and what do you know… it’s the best of the bunch. Should have skipped NiceHCK altogether.

And is that lifted mid bass I hear? It is.

The jack connector is a little large but it’s fine. Great cable.
I got it for $50 during the 11/11 sale.

And here is the link

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 9:56 PM Post #8,818 of 9,243
The best bang for the buck is Audio Ninja. Reasonably priced, best customer service in the game, built to last and there is no reason to go elsewhere unless you want pluto meteor stones in your cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back