Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Nov 1, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #7,876 of 9,223

Any quick review anyone ?
This cable looks good

Also, is there now an existing cheap cable that is using the exact same material from Audio ISN S4 ? (still one of my favorite cables, with CEMA Electro acousti Store 1% gold + 99% pure silver + 7n OCC Litz, 4 cores cable).

Nov 1, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #7,878 of 9,223
Any quick review anyone ?
This cable looks good

Also, is there now an existing cheap cable that is using the exact same material from Audio ISN S4 ? (still one of my favorite cables, with CEMA Electro acousti Store 1% gold + 99% pure silver + 7n OCC Litz, 4 cores cable).
With 11.11 coming around the corner I say go for a set. Wont find anything like those cables cheaper at any other time of the year. If you want a nice SPC type cable like the ISN S4. I would recommend a set of these.

1667328417294.png

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...tewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt&_randl_shipto=US

This is one of my absolute favorite SPC cables for the bux. Also known as white crane for niceHCK. I would actually consider this one a step up from the S4 actually.

Nov 1, 2022 at 3:09 PM Post #7,879 of 9,223
With 11.11 coming around the corner I say go for a set. Wont find anything like those cables cheaper at any other time of the year. If you want a nice SPC type cable like the ISN S4. I would recommend a set of these.

1667328417294.png

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...tewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt&_randl_shipto=US

This is one of my absolute favorite SPC cables for the bux. Also known as white crane for niceHCK. I would actually consider this one a step up from the S4 actually.
Many thanks for that recommendation, how do you compare it with the 8 cores mixed above please ? (I guess they sounds slightly different, which one is your favorite between both ?)

Nov 1, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #7,880 of 9,223
Dont have that particular hybrid from Xinhs but I own the Penon Mix which is the same idea behind XinhS version. I do know XinHs is actually using real pure silver but they are using much cheaper copper cores on that one. It should yeild a nice balance of copper properties with a bit added effect of the silver cores which brings out some better detail and transparency from the host IEMs they are attached to.

Penon Mix is one of my all time fave cables and is using much higher end copper cores with a thicker pure silver cores for their version so they are not the same cable. But then the XinHS version does not cost $150. Worth grabbing a set if you are curious about these hybrid type cables.

Again I have never tried the XinHS version but at the prices they are going to be sold at. Why not. The one I can confidently recommend is that SPC cable. Those are a bang for buck cable for certain.

Nov 5, 2022 at 8:45 PM Post #7,882 of 9,223
Any recommendations for pure copper cable that's compatible with IE 300? no silver plating.
NiceHCK Purple SE, NiceHCK C16-3 or NiceHCK BlackCat are all very well priced at the moment. All well made, comfortable and under $20. I'd pick based on how many cores you prefer, whether you like earhooks and preferred appearance. They all sound good but I haven't done A/B comparisons. :ksc75smile:

Edit: BlackCat is actually copper/zinc alloy

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2022 at 9:13 PM Post #7,883 of 9,223
NiceHCK Purple SE, NiceHCK C16-3 or NiceHCK BlackCat are all very well priced at the moment. All well made, comfortable and under $20. I'd pick based on how many cores you prefer, whether you like earhooks and preferred appearance. They all sound good but I haven't done A/B comparisons. :ksc75smile:

Edit: BlackCat is actually copper/zinc alloy

I have the Purple SE. It’s a nice cable. A bit gummy, but nice.

Nov 6, 2022 at 10:33 PM Post #7,884 of 9,223
Hello,
Can anyone please suggest a reasonable quality .75mm 2 pin cable with an angled connector like a QDC/NX7 but not recessed?
Looking for something that doesn't tangle too easily and isn't hard or uncomfortable, preferably without integrated earhooks.
A cable similar to the NiceHCK C16-3 would be ideal.

This is the standard cable, just a hard thin twisted pair.
2 pin angled connector 01.jpg

I found these cheap ones but wondering if there might be any better?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000878830863.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002797107070.html

Thanks.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2022 at 8:58 AM Post #7,886 of 9,223
Hello,
Can anyone please suggest a reasonable quality .75mm 2 pin cable with an angled connector like a QDC/NX7 but not recessed?
Looking for something that doesn't tangle too easily and isn't hard or uncomfortable, preferably without integrated earhooks.

Thanks.
The TRN cable in one of your links is the only cable I've ever seen that meets your criteria for angled two pin connectors aside from QDC or NX7 cables. I have that TRN cable but without the mic. It's just a cheap, ok cable. OK meaning it works.
Maybe you can have a custom cable made?

Nov 7, 2022 at 11:51 AM Post #7,887 of 9,223
Hello,

Thanks.
Any KZ cable with type-B fits that pattern. Most other 0.75 cables have straight plugs (which fit and work just fine). Some CVJ cables also have that type of connector. You can use 0.78 2 pin in 0.75 socketed IEMs. The postage on TRN cables is usually cheaper from the TRN Global Store. Heaps of stores stock them. If you check in the cable threads I believe there were some issues with their 6 and 8 core cables. :L3000:

Nov 7, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #7,888 of 9,223
are there any good cheaper hybrid cables up to $100?

You can try this. I am using this with MIROAK-S and I like it quite a lot: https://satinaudio.com/en/product/theia-ii?v=c86ee0d9d7ed

1667842194811.png

1667328417294.png

I would like to pitch in here with my impression. Normally, I expect SPC cable to tighten the lower end and enhance the transparency in Mid and Treble region. However, this WHitecrane cable is the opposite of that. It thickens the note. It adds body to the notes. So much so that when I paired it with my Yanyin Aladdin, I was freaked out of my mind that how can the BA mids of Aladdin sound so much like DD mids? Yes, it has that drastic effect on sound. So in case you want to go for an SPC cable for the usual expected characteristics, I would suggest skip this. However, if you want to go for the particular effect that Whitecrane has on the sound, I haven't found any equal of it till date.

Nov 8, 2022 at 7:37 AM Post #7,889 of 9,223
Just sharing a recent positive experience with Xinhs, as they are frequently mentioned here:

A few weeks back a postal error caused a package with 3 cables from the Xinhs AliExpress store (value ~£100) to get lost. When I contacted them they were professional and friendly, and sent out replacements which arrived quickly and without issue. Definitely better than many stores on AliExpress.

As for the cables themselves, they are great. There is a reason they are so often recommended! Especially if you want cables that have a bit of character so you can use them to complement a particular IEM.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Xinhs beyond being a customer, and just wanted to report on great customer service. To avoid accusations of shilling, I also love cables from Penon & Venture Electronics!

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2022 at 8:47 PM Post #7,890 of 9,223
The TRN cable in one of your links is the only cable I've ever seen that meets your criteria for angled two pin connectors aside from QDC or NX7 cables. I have that TRN cable but without the mic. It's just a cheap, ok cable. OK meaning it works.
Maybe you can have a custom cable made?

Any KZ cable with type-B fits that pattern. Most other 0.75 cables have straight plugs (which fit and work just fine). Some CVJ cables also have that type of connector. You can use 0.78 2 pin in 0.75 socketed IEMs. The postage on TRN cables is usually cheaper from the TRN Global Store. Heaps of stores stock them. If you check in the cable threads I believe there were some issues with their 6 and 8 core cables. :L3000:
Thanks Tomm and Carpet
I went ahead and ordered the TRN cable, thought I may as well at the price, though it does look quite like the standard CVJ cable I have which I'm not too keen on comfort wise.
Got to decide whether to hit up Xinhs for a quote on a custom or get a type-B, TFZ or NX7 cable and see if there is enough of the pins extending from the cowl to make a secure connection.
At the worst I may just have to circumcise the connector a bit, that way I could get another of the cables that tick all my boxes, the NiceHCK C16-3 (thanks again for the previous recommend Carpet).

Thank you for the advice gentlemen, really appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back