Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Apr 13, 2022 at 6:05 PM Post #7,516 of 9,223
I have the gunmetal version of the blon cable in the link. It's kind of thin but for the money it's fine ... much better than the stock cable. But to be honest, I think the angled connectors make it more difficult to get and keep a seal with the blon-03. I think you may be better off with another cable with straight connectors. But that could just be me. It's cheap enough to try for yourself.
I have the gunmetal version of the blon cable in the link. It's kind of thin but for the money it's fine ... much better than the stock cable. But to be honest, I think the angled connectors make it more difficult to get and keep a seal with the blon-03. I think you may be better off with another cable with straight connectors. But that could just be me. It's cheap enough to try for yourself.
Thanks.
I guess i'll keep using my current (and crappy) cable until it breaks.

Apr 14, 2022 at 8:12 AM Post #7,518 of 9,223

Damn, I have a TFZ cable coming for a BLON-03. :frowning2:

Apr 20, 2022 at 4:09 PM Post #7,526 of 9,223
Anymore have the Tripowin Noire cable?

I got one from Amazon a few days ago and it arrived on my doorsteps this morning.

It's a good feeling cable but has one really dumb flaw I can't get by head over: The swappable terminations are so flimsy that they barely hold on and fall from the cable!

Seriously, what the hell? The 3.5 mm term fell off when I was testing the cable.

Edit: You have to twist and really push in the terminations to get them somewhat clicked in, still not great.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2022 at 6:42 AM Post #7,527 of 9,223
Dont go cheap - you will lose some resolution vs more expensive. My best cable is this:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001843346773.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.59fc3c00IlTD8s&mp=1
But I dont know how it compares to $100 cables. The se846 was very warm to me, i would look for something with silver or occ copper and avoid gold and standard copper.
Yeah it's kinda warm, but i really like the mids, not sure if a silver will thin it out.

How long have you been using the XINHS and how do they sound?

Apr 21, 2022 at 7:08 AM Post #7,528 of 9,223
It never ceases to amaze me what a quality and affordable cable upgrade can do for a great sounding iem. . .

This one for about $30, sure does pair well visually and sonically with the Timeless. :ksc75smile:

20220421_041049.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #7,529 of 9,223
Yeah it's kinda warm, but i really like the mids, not sure if a silver will thin it out.

How long have you been using the XINHS and how do they sound?
I think silver will thin out the bass a lot more than the mids. to me the xinhs is my most detailed cable but maybe a bit warm in tonality. have you checked out the se846 thread? there should be some cable recommendations

Apr 21, 2022 at 10:16 PM Post #7,530 of 9,223
I think silver will thin out the bass a lot more than the mids. to me the xinhs is my most detailed cable but maybe a bit warm in tonality. have you checked out the se846 thread? there should be some cable recommendations
I don't think silver necessarily thins out the bass or even the mids. For example the that NiceHCK whitecrane, which is a SPC, has rather forward and overly thick lower mids and very strong bass. Your XINHS is a pretty good choice IMO, just a little too much colouration (slowness) at times compared to SPC and copper cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back