Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Feb 1, 2021 at 10:53 PM Post #5,536 of 9,211
Copper cables oxidizing and turning green (like copper roofs, Statue of Liberty, etc) is very common, especially with basic copper speaker wire. It’s not unexpected. Cheaper clear insulation yellowing, especially at the ear hooks, where they come in contact with a lot of sweat/secretions is also not unexpected. AFAIK, neither should really affect the sound significantly.

The Limpid Pro and LitzPS Pro are the same cable (I have both), and they both seem to be equally well constructed. The KBEar cables tend to be less expensive than the NiceHCK equivalents, but I’ve purchased NiceHCK cables at times for their 2 pin plugs that are designed for recessed sockets (the plugs have an extended rectangular part).

Feb 2, 2021 at 6:48 AM Post #5,537 of 9,211
The Limpid Pro and LitzPS Pro are the same cable (I have both), and they both seem to be equally well constructed. The KBEar cables tend to be less expensive than the NiceHCK equivalents, but I’ve purchased NiceHCK cables at times for their 2 pin plugs that are designed for recessed sockets (the plugs have an extended rectangular part).

Could you compare the LitzPS and LitzPS Pro if you have them both? I'm curious if there's any significant changes in SQ.

Feb 2, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #5,539 of 9,211
Could you compare the LitzPS and LitzPS Pro if you have them both? I'm curious if there's any significant changes in SQ.

I posted the comparison on my cable review of the LitzPS pro.

"Going back and forth with the two cables reveal the reason why an 8 core variant exists. There is greater headroom and expansion of sonics with the 8 core version meaning sound becomes a bit larger with more fuller body of sound than the 4 core. Due to the more cores you're not exactly getting double the sound value here but it does make a difference with better depth and expansion of head stage, better sense of space overall from the host IEM vs the 4 core version. Bass and vocals does seem to have a bit more presence as a result. If that seem worth it to you to get an 8 core version for double the pay of the 4 core version. Than it will be worth it."

Feb 7, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #5,541 of 9,211
Hey guys what d'you think of this GRAPHENE cable from XINHS store, probably the cheapest graphene cable

US $39.12 31%OFF | 4 Cores Graphene Alloy Silver Plated Wire MMCX 0.78mm 2 Pin Replacement Headphones Cable Audio Upgrade Cable
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtJAFjv

Its interesting if its real but its hard to trust aliexpress.

I've asked sellers questions on aliexpress where the image shows canare wire and listing states canare cable, I've asked them which model it is, they say its not canare wire.

From my understating of graphene cable manufacturing, its sprayed on superficially, I don't think its normally mixed into an alloy because its pricey. The spray process is not cheap either and tedious.

I don't think its legit but I could be wrong, maybe they've found a way to make it cheaper?

Maybe you can test it with a multimeter and see what the difference is, then the problem becomes even if it is a real graphene alloy cable it could possibly yield no difference in sound quality.

google search of "graphene alloy wire" shows that cable you linked from aliexpress and a guy on ebay selling it for $44.80 a meter from china.

If you pull the trigger, let us know how it goes :)

Feb 10, 2021 at 7:38 AM Post #5,542 of 9,211
XINHS has come through. Say hello to my new purple family! :)
IMG_20210210_132301.jpg IMG_20210210_132323.jpgIMG_20210210_132418.jpg

And now, a group shot!
IMG_20210210_132607.jpg

These cables don't half smell, though. But I can live with that. They're really soft for 8-cores, too, I didn't expect that.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #5,543 of 9,211
I hope that $58.90 is cheap enough for this thread.
Bought the KB ear Believe IEMs. Out of the box, they were a bit shrill , so I began breaking in Sunday morning. I attached a Dark Jade cord to them and let her rip. Checking every now and then, they were still a bit sharp. So this morning I switched out cable for the all cooper ISN C4. Gave them 5 minutes and the shrill & sharp treble is tamed, but not to much. Made me glad that I purchased two of these ISN cables when I went on my buying spree last month.
What cable are you using on your Believe?

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #5,544 of 9,211
Just received my KBEAR rhyme. Build quality seems good. Sound is good.
Wanted to talk about the shipping. They got to the US from China in about a week. Then took a week to get from New Jersey to Georgia. Then took 2 weeks to get from Georgia to me in North Carolina. There was no update to the tracking in those 2 weeks. I started to get worried, but a month from order to getting the cable isn't bad.
Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone ordering in the US.

Feb 11, 2021 at 8:06 AM Post #5,545 of 9,211
Anyone here find a good -$40 cable for their Blon BL-03?

Feb 11, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #5,546 of 9,211
Anyone here find a good -$40 cable for their Blon BL-03?
Why would you want to buy a cable that is more expensive than the iem itself??

You can get high quality cables under that price with these:

Faaeal litz copper cable
Tri Through
Kbear Rhyme

Feb 11, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #5,547 of 9,211
I ended up buying two Nice Hck all copper cords for $17.99 each for my two Blon BL-3s. One of these is a present for a friend. The cords have the Blon's NX7 2 pin connectors.
Of the three cords you recommended, I have all but the Faaeal.

Feb 11, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #5,548 of 9,211
I ended up buying two Nice Hck all copper cords for $17.99 each for my two Blon BL-3s. One of these is a present for a friend. The cords have the Blon's NX7 2 pin connectors.
Of the three cords you recommended, I have all but the Faaeal.

Would be great to get your opinion on the Nicehck cables vs the others. Not much mention of them here.

Feb 15, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #5,550 of 9,211
After a replacement cable for my LZ A7 IEM's that is 1.5m in length. Any suggestions? MMCX connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back