Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Sep 22, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #4,981 of 9,248
Hi guys! I was trying to figure things out myself by reading older posts but it just gets more confusing so I'll just ask for your recommendation. I have the ToneKing TO200 and I need a replacement cable.
1. What's the best bang-for-buck cable?
2. Which is the cheapest that you can still recommend?
3. Which will last longer a silver or copper cable?
Thanks!

Sep 22, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #4,982 of 9,248
Hi guys! I was trying to figure things out myself by reading older posts but it just gets more confusing so I'll just ask for your recommendation. I have the ToneKing TO200 and I need a replacement cable.
Thanks!
The KBEAR Rhyme is considered a really good solid cable. It is on sale on Ali Express right now. No difference in durability that I know of based on the metal of the conductor.

Sep 22, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #4,983 of 9,248
Thanks!
The Rhyme as iemusic mentioned is great, but the FAAEAL litz copper cable is actually a bit cheaper and measures lower so I would recommend that one over the rhyme. Although the rhyme is my second best cable I can recommend for value.

Sep 22, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #4,984 of 9,248
Thanks guys, I'll check them both.

Edit: I like the looks of the Kbear Rhyme, so I am getting that one. Thanks again!

Edit2: I already ordered but made the mistake of buying from a banned seller. The seller's name seemed familiar and there were lots of feedback so didn't have any second thoughts. Anyway, I hope I won't have any problem with this purchase.
PS I thought the manufacturer's name was K Bear 🐻.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2020 at 10:44 PM Post #4,986 of 9,248
I just recently got the Rhyme and Limpid cables from the EE Audio store on Aliexpress. Sorry...I hope that store is not banned here on headfi. My bad if they are. In any case, I can also wholeheartedly rec the Rhyme cable. Using it on my new CCA C10 PRO and it sounds great. It's also very soft and hasn't got alot of microphonics. Chin slider is excellent too with lots of resistance, for those who require that ( I know I definitely do). I'd still like to try that Faael copper cable though. Gonna wait for 11/11 sales though before I spend any more money on cables or iems.

Sep 22, 2020 at 11:52 PM Post #4,987 of 9,248
I just recently got the Rhyme and Limpid cables from the EE Audio store on Aliexpress. Sorry...I hope that store is not banned here on headfi. My bad if they are. In any case, I can also wholeheartedly rec the Rhyme cable. Using it on my new CCA C10 PRO and it sounds great. It's also very soft and hasn't got alot of microphonics. Chin slider is excellent too with lots of resistance, for those who require that ( I know I definitely do). I'd still like to try that Faael copper cable though. Gonna wait for 11/11 sales though before I spend any more money on cables or iems.

might get the Rhyme for myself.. it does look great

Sep 23, 2020 at 2:16 AM Post #4,988 of 9,248
Anyone here tried these Electro acousti 6N single crystal copper 4 Core cables? Are these good?
Screenshot_20200922-202103.png

Sep 23, 2020 at 4:12 AM Post #4,989 of 9,248
Screenshot_20200923-082310_AliExpress (1).jpg

Looks a bit like the Faaeal cable. Allegedly OFHC. Pure copper and not silver plated. Looks a good NiceHCK cable. Available in 4.4mm MMCX. In my experience NiceCHK are really genuine.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2020 at 4:42 AM Post #4,990 of 9,248
Screenshot_20200923-082310_AliExpress (1).jpg
Looks a bit like the Faaeal cable. Allegedly OFHC. Pure copper and not silver plated. Looks a good NiceHCK cable. Available in 4.4mm MMCX. In my experience NiceCHK are really genuine.
I've tried both, imo the faaeal is noticeably better. The nicehck is ok too but just sounds like a generic copper, the faaeal on the other hand punches way above its price.

Sep 23, 2020 at 4:49 AM Post #4,991 of 9,248
I always wondered how the hibiscus cable fare in terms of flexibility and comfort. I don't think I've seen much talk about the ease of use or comfort of over ear. As well as how you'd rate your cables based on over ear comfort (I'd assume cable down makes it less of an issue but I imagine weight matters more in this style).

While at it, I wonder how much cable weight matters.

Sep 23, 2020 at 4:52 AM Post #4,992 of 9,248
I've tried both, imo the faaeal is noticeably better. The nicehck is ok too but just sounds like a generic copper, the faaeal on the other hand punches way above its price.
That's interesting. I have a few Faaeal cables and like them a lot. I've got just the one NiceHCK four cores coming, so if it is not so good I've got enough other cables to keep my IEMs at their best. I have some of their Silver Litz cables and they really do a 'silver' job. Thanks for the feedback.

Sep 23, 2020 at 6:22 AM Post #4,993 of 9,248
I always wondered how the hibiscus cable fare in terms of flexibility and comfort. I don't think I've seen much talk about the ease of use or comfort of over ear. As well as how you'd rate your cables based on over ear comfort (I'd assume cable down makes it less of an issue but I imagine weight matters more in this style).

While at it, I wonder how much cable weight matters.
The cable itself is very soft and flexible for how thick it is. It's pretty amazing, actually. The earhooks, however, are very rigid and there is some unit variety in how severe the curl next to the connector is. The connectors themselves are pretty long too, so how the earhooks rest on your ears is highly dependent on the form of the IEM you will be using the cable with. I have the hibiscus connected to Moondrop Starlight and LZ A6. On the A6 the earhooks don't even rest on my ears, while with the Starlight the cable rests on the ears a little, but there is no discomfort in either case.

Sep 23, 2020 at 6:23 AM Post #4,994 of 9,248
Anyone here tried these Electro acousti 6N single crystal copper 4 Core cables? Are these good?Screenshot_20200922-202103.png
I assume that with the arrival of the faaeal litz copper cable, that EA cable is kinda redundant now.

Sep 23, 2020 at 6:50 AM Post #4,995 of 9,248
The cable itself is very soft and flexible for how thick it is. It's pretty amazing, actually. The earhooks, however, are very rigid and there is some unit variety in how severe the curl next to the connector is. The connectors themselves are pretty long too, so how the earhooks rest on your ears is highly dependent on the form of the IEM you will be using the cable with. I have the hibiscus connected to Moondrop Starlight and LZ A6. On the A6 the earhooks don't even rest on my ears, while with the Starlight the cable rests on the ears a little, but there is no discomfort in either case.
I ended up ordering the Tripowin Zonie and more or less the only reason for that was that at the time of ordering it was the single cheapest 2-pin cable I could find on Amazon, which I did on my sister's recommendation that her husband has access to amazon prime.

That being said, I think the hibiscus cable would have ended up only marginally more expensive due to shipping costs. But there was the concern of well... None of us have actually ordered anything outside of Amazon yet. So I don't know what pitfalls AliExpress has that may either be easily avoidable or completely absent on Amazon, starting with the fact that they get free shipping from Amazon Prime.

FAAEAL's storefront on Amazon seems to be outdated so I'm effectively SoL.

As for how good the hibiscus cable is. I assume everything is perfect or at least flawless... And then trips at attempting to contour to the ear.

I also wonder how heavy both the Hibiscus and the Zonie are. I'd imagine both are much heavier than the stock BL-03 cable I intend to replace... they ever find the Zonie since my brother in law apparently lost it.

Now that I think of it, given that seems to have the same issue but to a presumably MUCH lesser extent than the BL-03 cable. Guess hibiscus is what BL-03 stock wants to be when it grows up.

I wonder. Once I finally receive it. What kind of multimeter or ohmeter should I try measuring its impedance with? I remember seeing the C8 getting measured but not the Zonie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back