Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Sep 20, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #4,906 of 9,203
Great review! Okay I think I'm switching to Limpid now because of this new information. Good thing I did my homework before I pull the trigger.

I know this might be too much to ask given the price tag but do you think this is a true pure silver cable? Call it placebo but I really liked what I had heard when I tried a silver cable.
Well the only other pure silver cable I have is cable 173 and that is much cleaner and measures lower. So I can't 100% confirm if it really is pure silver on the limpid/litzps.

But from what Slater has said, I do think they are real.

Sep 20, 2020 at 8:39 AM Post #4,908 of 9,203
Well the only other pure silver cable I have is cable 173 and that is much cleaner and measures lower. So I can't 100% confirm if it really is pure silver on the limpid/litzps.

But from what Slater has said, I do think they are real.

I didn't see the NiceCHK certificate posted by Dsnuts not until I switched to desktop and read the thread again.

They may be identical like you've mentioned but with that proof of being pure silver, I pulled the trigger on NiceHCK LitzPS.

You've been really helpful. Thank you

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2020 at 8:42 AM Post #4,909 of 9,203
I didn't see the NiceCHK certificate posted by Dsnuts not until I switched to desktop and read the thread again.

They may be identical like you've mentioned but with that proof of being pure silver, I pulled the trigger on NiceHCK Litzps.

You've been really helpful. Thank you
Np, hope you like it!

Sep 20, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #4,910 of 9,203
I posted the silver certification. I have both cables as well. They are the same cables but rebranded for each company. The amount of material is not much. I don't know if you can have any less material without the cable being frail. But the benefit is both these cables are something like 99.998% pure silver.

I have many other silver cables and there is no mistaking how silver sounds on your IEMs and from my own testing I can confirm both of these are pure silver cables. Pure silver cables are great to have for earphones that need some tightening for bass and add some much needed clarity and detail. They won't magically transform your earphone but they will give it a cleaner sound. Silver does not match well with earphones that already have a lot of detail, for earphones like that go with a nice copper cable.

Attachments

• 1600606291199.png
    1600606291199.png
    388.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 20, 2020 at 8:46 PM Post #4,911 of 9,203
Which is better the Yy 4 core 5N UPOCC Single Crystal Copper Cable or the KBEAR 4 Core 5N UPOCC OCC Copper Litz Cable? Just a little over a $10 difference when on sale. Looks wise, the KBEAR is nicer, and lets face it, looks are part of cable choice.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2020 at 8:54 PM Post #4,912 of 9,203
Which is better the Yy 4 core 5N UPOCC Single Crystal Copper Cable or the KBEAR 4 Core 5N UPOCC OCC Copper Litz Cable? Just a little over a $10 difference when on sale. Looks wise, the KBEAR is nicer, and lets face it, looks are part of cable choice.

65647BE9-53C3-4BAA-9949-E8279B762916.jpeg

Is this the one? KBEAR also claim their Rhyme cable as UPOCC which I doubt.
I personally think YY cable looks bit better so I am going to grab few tonight.

Sep 20, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #4,915 of 9,203
65647BE9-53C3-4BAA-9949-E8279B762916.jpeg
Is this the one? KBEAR also claim their Rhyme cable as UPOCC which I doubt.
I personally think YY cable looks bit better so I am going to grab few tonight.
Yes, that one. I should actually clarify, the black cables are nicer looking for certain IEMs. The Yy copper cables are very nice looking too.

It looks nicer but that nylon covering causes noise when you rub it or touch it. They are duping PW cables it looks like. Yy cables arent prone to noise at all.
Good to know, thanks. I’m definitely getting some of those Yy cables. I’m probably going to use one for my Tea.

Sep 20, 2020 at 9:43 PM Post #4,916 of 9,203
I posted the silver certification. I have both cables as well. They are the same cables but rebranded for each company. The amount of material is not much. I don't know if you can have any less material without the cable being frail. But the benefit is both these cables are something like 99.998% pure silver.

I have many other silver cables and there is no mistaking how silver sounds on your IEMs and from my own testing I can confirm both of these are pure silver cables. Pure silver cables are great to have for earphones that need some tightening for bass and add some much needed clarity and detail. They won't magically transform your earphone but they will give it a cleaner sound. Silver does not match well with earphones that already have a lot of detail, for earphones like that go with a nice copper cable.
On the contrary i think it Enhances an already detailed earphone. I think what you're trying to say is that it does not match with earphones that already have a brighter/more sibilant sound.

Sep 20, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #4,917 of 9,203
It will come down to a persons sound preference as silver enhances detail in any ear phone it is attached to. I know some folks like silver on a more detailed earphones. But generally silver on something that is already detailed for me anyways is a bit fatiguing, sounds more clinical than it has to be. A good copper cable counters that so that is what I end up using.

I noticed with some silver earphone combinations it can actually make a non sibilant earphone actually sound sibilant so it really depends on how a given earphone will do with silver. Worth having a few different types of cables to match up.

Throwing a silver cable on the EE Zeus is gonna get you a healthy slice of ear fatigue pie. Don't know if there is anyone that can take 10 minutes of music with this combo. Add the ISN CU4 in the mix. A thick 4 core crystal copper cable. Now we are talking. Smoother with better body of sound and adds a musical flavoring that never existed from the stock cable. Can listen all day with this combo. This is a prime example of what I am talking about. I don't know a single person that ends up using silver on the Zeus. If so that person must have some hearing loss and want as much detail as possible.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2020 at 10:09 PM Post #4,918 of 9,203
Haven't had too much issues with microphonics on the KBEAR nylon cables, but definitely is there the closer the contact point on the wire is to the IEM.

Still having slowly getting more accustomed to the difference in sound depending on my pairings but I can confirm that the two different KBEAR nylon UPOCC cables I got do have an ever so slight difference in sound, but it's quite minimal. Should be posting more about the cables within the next few days.

I'll be picking up the YY UPOCC to hopefully get a better comparison between it and the two KBEAR nylon cables. Unfortunately, I don't have much of a reference point for how UPOCC change perceived sonic properties other than my Dunu DUW02 cable which should be somewhat similar from what I've read so far.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2020 at 10:14 PM Post #4,919 of 9,203
Haven't had too much issues with microphonics on the KBEAR nylon cables, but definitely is there the closer the contact point on the wire is to the IEM.

Still having slowly getting more accustomed to the difference in sound depending on my pairings but I can confirm that the two different KBEAR nylon UPOCC cables I got do have an ever so slight difference in sound, but it's quite minimal. Should be posting more about the cables within the next few days.

I'll be picking up the YY UPOCC to hopefully get a better comparison between it and the two KBEAR nylon cables. Unfortunately, I don't have much of a reference point for how UPOCC change perceived sonic properties other than my Dunu DUW02 cable which should be somewhat similar from what I've read so far.
Please correct me if I’m wrong. With the KBEAR nylon cables there is a 4 core UPOCC copper cable, and 2 core UPOCC copper cable, and a 4 core UPOCC/silver cable. Is there any significant difference between the all-copper 2 core vs 4 core cables?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back