Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Nov 4, 2019 at 3:52 AM Post #3,076 of 9,204
Seeing this thread makes me feel like getting one, do you guys recommend 177 for FW10000 or KL Ref? Don't really like the OC cable I bought.

BTW do you guy recommend adapter 4.4mm to 3.5mm

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #3,077 of 9,204
Nope, S8 is very good. S4 is much more manageable and a little more smooth with extended iems.
Thank you! Very helpful.

Nov 4, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #3,078 of 9,204
Nov 4, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #3,079 of 9,204
Nov 4, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #3,080 of 9,204
Hi westsenkovec, I am having KZ zs10 Pro and Im currently using TRN T2 16c https://www.aliexpress.com/item/330...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_8,searchweb201603_52.

I find it is truly bang for buck and a worthy upgrade over the stock cable. I have the cable 056 also but i find T2 16c is better on KZ zs10 pro. So i use the 056 on my v80 :) both cables are good quality IMO for the price

Thanks! I need the 0.75 mm connector, right?

Does the cable color matter or do they all use the same material?

The Blon 03 uses a 0.78 mm connector or?

Nov 5, 2019 at 2:24 AM Post #3,083 of 9,204
Ah, yeah, I see a number of them offer 2 pin but not qdc. However this C16- 1,2 and 3 all offer qdc. But they're a bit more pricey. Still under that $40 mark though! This would be about the limit I'd spend on a cable. Ive got a $7 off coupon plus their "fan discount". I may decide to get that. It would fit most of the IEMS I own.
NICEHCK C16-3 16 Cores High Purity Copper Cable 3.5/2.5/4.4mm Plug MMCX/2Pin/QDC/NX7 Connector For KZCCA TFZ QDC NICEHCK NX7/DB3
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/DAPSgGNE

What is the general experience with the Nicehck C16-3 16 core high purity copper cable ?

the litz structure looks very interesting to ensure consistency across for conductivity, not sure what kind of effect it has on audio structure compared to non-litz structure high purity cables

Is it worth it vs. cheaper "upgrade" 16 core cables which cost around 10-15 USD ?

it's only during the big aliexpress sales to be had for that low price (from around 35 or higher down to around 20 USD)

Nov 5, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #3,084 of 9,204
Don't have the cheaper 16 core cables but the C-16 cables are excellent cables for the price. Even better during sales. Completely worth getting a set. I did an impression of the cables here. https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/nicehck-c-16-cables.24002/reviews gives a rundown of how each of the 3 cables are. They sound great even on higher end phones. So worth the money.

I like the pure copper the best out of the 3. Or the one you mentioned C-16-3

By the way there are some "other" vendors that sells them for cheaper $17ish.. IF you look around aliexpress. If it looks like the C-16 then it is the same cable just rebranded. They come in all sorts of new color variations now too.

Nov 5, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #3,085 of 9,204
Hi, new to this whole world of upgrade cables. I am looking to order the Blon bl-03 and an upgrade cable. Ideally I would love a cable with a mic as sometimes I am listening to music and a phone call comes in. The vast majority of cables I see have no mic and I was told before that a mic has an impact on SQ. Is there a way to have the best of both worlds (happy to pay more)? I searched the thread (there are 206 pages...), but did not find a lot of around that.

Nov 5, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #3,086 of 9,204
Hi, new to this whole world of upgrade cables. I am looking to order the Blon bl-03 and an upgrade cable. Ideally I would love a cable with a mic as sometimes I am listening to music and a phone call comes in. The vast majority of cables I see have no mic and I was told before that a mic has an impact on SQ. Is there a way to have the best of both worlds (happy to pay more)? I searched the thread (there are 206 pages...), but did not find a lot of around that.
There are no good cables whit mic this one is good an cheap

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/Fn3fBL6u

Nov 5, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #3,087 of 9,204
What is the general experience with the Nicehck C16-3 16 core high purity copper cable ?

the litz structure looks very interesting to ensure consistency across for conductivity, not sure what kind of effect it has on audio structure compared to non-litz structure high purity cables

Is it worth it vs. cheaper "upgrade" 16 core cables which cost around 10-15 USD ?

it's only during the big aliexpress sales to be had for that low price (from around 35 or higher down to around 20 USD)

I haven't had the opportunity to test a ton of cables. I recently got into this hobby and am on a budget. But aside from the stock cables that came with the CCA and KZ IEMs I own Ive purchased a few upgrade cables. The closest one I have to compare to the NiceHCK C-16 is thw TRN T2 16 core. And I can say that the NiceHCK is soooo much nicer. Not only does it look and feel much higher in quality, I swear it sounds the best out of any other cable I've gotten to use.

I actually performed a little experiment out of scientific curiosity! I had my wife swap up my cables on my ZSX and placed them in my ears. I made sure to not touch or look at the cables. And id have her take my phone and play the same song. We tested using my KZ Gold/Silver 8 core upgrade cable, the TRN T2 16 Core and the NiceHCK C16, and after 3 tests(listening to the same song 9 times lol) , the cable I thought produced the most appealing sound quality to my ears ended up being the NiceHCK.
Im not very good at describing what I hear with all the jargon people use in this community lol, but I can definitely say that the NiceHCK just sounds the best. Everything comes through very balanced and clear. Male and female voices are clear as crystal. Lows Mids and Highs all sound very well balanced and pleasant to my... Brain palate? Haha.
When I listen to the TRN, I feel like it definitely sounds better than the stock mic cable i have, but as i listen to different albums i get this distinct feeling like something is just a little...off. I used the TRN for about a month until my NiceHCK arrived and right from the first album i listened to, it felt like I found the Goldilocks zone.

Im sure their are people on here who have tested many more cables and could give you a better, more detailed opinion than myself. Hakuzen's cable list is what really got me curious about trying new cables. The work he put into making that list is really impressive and commendable. For now, I can definitely say the NiceHCK is the best one I own. I love it.
I do believe its going on sale for the 11.11 sale too!

Nov 5, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #3,088 of 9,204
I was torn to choose between ISN Audio S8 cable & the KBear 8/16 Core cable. Anyone can help me decide which one is better?

Nov 5, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #3,089 of 9,204
I found one local store here selling a DIY cable that looks pretty okay to me. It sells around $12-$13 if I converted it from my currency

The seller describe the silver used is 5U thickness & they are using bose's factory copper.
06112019111742_2.jpg

Nov 5, 2019 at 11:38 PM Post #3,090 of 9,204
I found one local store here selling a DIY cable that looks pretty okay to me. It sells around $12-$13 if I converted it from my currency

The seller describe the silver used is 5U thickness & they are using bose's factory copper.
Looks like a nice cable i would buy it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back