Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Mar 8, 2023 at 7:13 AM Post #8,191 of 9,305
For folks in India, there is a brilliant cable on sale:

https://headgearaudio.in/products/athena-ii-silver-earphone-cable?variant=37578187538610

I purchased it at the currently ongoing 40% discount, and it is quite a bang for the buck! Brings it down to about $36.6 from $61. Here is my short impression:

The Athena II is described as being bright in nature, improving the bass and transparency, while not colouring the sound.

Upon receiving the cable I found out it is quite thin and lightweight, being 36AWG. 4 strands, very very supple. No ear hooks - which is what I prefer. MMCX connectors are quite premium. In fact, all the parts feel quite premium. Cardas ultra pure solder is used. Overall the cable is very comfortable, I can barely notice its presence - just what I expect from a cable in this price range.

The material is teflon-plated 6N OCC Silver Plated Copper.

I received it the next day after placing the order. I can confirm that their claims regarding its effects on sound are quite legit. Although the changes are not groundbreaking, but the enhancement of transparency and tightening of low end become apparent after a while. I am using it with Intime Sho DD, which is quite a bass heavy earphone, and hence the pairing is quite desirable.

This is a really good cable. It does perform its intended function with the mentioned effects, and is very comfortable to use. What more can be expected from a cable of this range? Serious value for money. I liked the cable so much that I bought a 2-pin version as well.

20230307_151655_2.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #8,192 of 9,305
Been looking at the Cema cables lately, asked them also to know which if the entry cobber cables is the most flexible. Something that's always important to me.

Anyone else who has one? Might just buy one since it is 7N with a unique design.

Cema Raven series 7N OCC upgrading cable special promotion version MMCX 0.78MM IE900 N5005
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKjlYMm
-10883772022104900627.jpg-1089863014-369114645.jpg

Mar 8, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #8,193 of 9,305
I ended up purchasing the Xinhs 2 Core Silver Plated and had the chance same week to order the more expensive OE AUDIO 2 Dual OFC High Fidelity Earphone Cable

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-08 at 20.34.5.jpg

Using on my Tri i3 pro and gotta say the Xinhs comes in as the winner. The OE Audio was way thinner and lighter than photos made it look which was exactly what I was looking for. But the 3.5 plug doesn't have a step down so can't fit into the aux of a phone when the case is on. As well as that I thought the lighter cable would be sweet for movement but it gets loose from behind the ears much easier and doesn't have a wrap around it to keep it in shape.

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-08 at .jpg

Any ideas for retrofitting the missing connector wrap things
WhatsApp Image 2023-03-08 at 20.34.57.jpg

As far as sound goes, the thinner lighter copper OE Audio also gives a thinner sound and misses out on a few details up top. But does deliver better sub bass.

The Xinhs comes in at 30gm but 9 of that is on the plug so when running you don't get a lot of weight on the cable which is nice. Also the silver matches the i3 Pro a lot better.

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-08 at 20.34.56.jpg

I'd use the OE if it fit through the phone case, might even open the hole up a bit to fit it, but need a way to secure it around the ears better too. At the very least I've confirmed that sq differences with cables can be heard.
Of my 10 aftermarket IEM cables that XINHS 2-core Silver plated is actually my favourite cable so far. I use it with my Campfire Andromeda 2019. Its a bit rubbery which I like and can get slightly tangly after a while but there is something with it that just feels right. Maybe should get that Whitecrane and see how it compares.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001844092313.html
Ali part no 1005001844092313

Mar 8, 2023 at 11:09 AM Post #8,194 of 9,305
Of my 10 aftermarket IEM cables that XINHS 2-core Silver plated is actually my favourite cable so far. I use it with my Campfire Andromeda 2019. Its a bit rubbery which I like and can get slightly tangly after a while but there is something with it that just feels right. Maybe should get that Whitecrane and see how it compares.
I agree, it’s a fine cable. Good thickness, typical Xinhs build quality, looks nice enough. But it’s the sound that makes me like it, as it offers a slightly bigger bass than most at this price point without loosing detail in the treble.

Even after moving on to more expensive cables, this one remains very useful.

Mar 8, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #8,195 of 9,305
Thank you again for testing ! I think I will get the Ivipq cable, it will look nice with my quad era-1 and it's being discounted right now!
The IvipQ 98 is really nice, quite light and handles well. Cant do a fair comparison as mine is 4,4mm and I dont have any amps with both XLR and 4,4mm. But doing some swapping between IvipQ 98 4,4mm, Lunashops 16 core 99% 7N 6,35mm and orginal Focal Clear 6,35mm on Zen Can Signature HFM stack with Focal Clear. Cant tell if sound changes in any way expect higher output on the balanced output with IvipQ 98. No complaints and might get a few more with different terminations.

Mar 8, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #8,196 of 9,305
I agree, it’s a fine cable. Good thickness, typical Xinhs build quality, looks nice enough. But it’s the sound that makes me like it, as it offers a slightly bigger bass than most at this price point without loosing detail in the treble.

Even after moving on to more expensive cables, this one remains very useful.
If you can hear it or not the upgraded version is brilliant, but on the thicker side. Rivals my $100+ ISN and Penon cables
DSCF2001 1 (Large).jpg

Mar 8, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #8,197 of 9,305
If you can hear it or not the upgraded version is brilliant, but on the thicker side. Rivals my $100+ ISN and Penon cablesDSCF2001 1 (Large).jpg
If you mean the Whitecrane equivalent then I agree it’s an excellent cable, but as I’m very treble sensitive I like the slightly darker 2-core more!

Mar 8, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #8,199 of 9,305
For folks in India, there is a brilliant cable on sale:

https://headgearaudio.in/products/athena-ii-silver-earphone-cable?variant=37578187538610

I purchased it at the currently ongoing 40% discount, and it is quite a bang for the buck! Brings it down to about $36.6 from $61. Here is my short impression:

The Athena II is described as being bright in nature, improving the bass and transparency, while not colouring the sound.

Upon receiving the cable I found out it is quite thin and lightweight, being 36AWG. 4 strands, very very supple. No ear hooks - which is what I prefer. MMCX connectors are quite premium. In fact, all the parts feel quite premium. Cardas ultra pure solder is used. Overall the cable is very comfortable, I can barely notice its presence - just what I expect from a cable in this price range.

The material is teflon-plated 6N OCC Silver Plated Copper.

I received it the next day after placing the order. I can confirm that their claims regarding its effects on sound are quite legit. Although the changes are not groundbreaking, but the enhancement of transparency and tightening of low end become apparent after a while. I am using it with Intime Sho DD, which is quite a bass heavy earphone, and hence the pairing is quite desirable.

This is a really good cable. It does perform its intended function with the mentioned effects, and is very comfortable to use. What more can be expected from a cable of this range? Serious value for money. I liked the cable so much that I bought a 2-pin version as well.

20230307_151655_2.jpg
Seems like something that will fit the XENNS UP nicely. Have you tried Effect Audio Signature cables by any chance?

Mar 8, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #8,200 of 9,305
If you mean the Whitecrane equivalent then I agree it’s an excellent cable, but as I’m very treble sensitive I like the slightly darker 2-core more!
Nice, I might pick one up to try also. not really a treble sensetive guy, started with DT 880 and 990 after all :beerchug:

Also talking about the whitecrane, another was delivered today. Was annoyed of changing it from one set to another all the time.
PXL_20230308_165820226.jpg

Mar 8, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #8,201 of 9,305
Just picked up a KBEAR Chord 6N Graphene 4N OFC silver plated. The original cable is a bit softer, but the KBEAR is still very nice and that look! :beyersmile:
KBEAR-Chord-6N-Graphene.jpg
That looks hardcore. like something i'd use to chain a fence. Any sound impressions?

Mar 8, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #8,202 of 9,305
That looks hardcore. like something i'd use to chain a fence. Any sound impressions?
An accurate description, as long as it's a very exclusive fence :)
Pandamon are not the best IEM to judge such subtle things as cable sound, as for me it is ok.

In this EA500 review, the author praises the characteristics of this cable. Somewhere within the first few minutes.

Mar 8, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #8,203 of 9,305
Got my great "colour of the day" cables from ivipQ and XINHS today:
20230308_185221.jpg

First order from ivipQ - amazingly fast shipping; multiple orders from XINHS.
Nice cases, a great incentive to order.

All cables measure well, so then the colours bring all the psychoacoustic experience, to which I am a "believer" for, while not "believer" for wasting money on "alloys", Pd, rare earth, etc in absence of any tangible proof of difference.

The power of imagination should be free, and then you can get any nice fitting, great coloured cables from these reputable companies for your perfect audiophile experience:)

Mar 10, 2023 at 3:18 AM Post #8,205 of 9,305
Any recommendations for a solid cable with a 1/4" termination for IEMs? Additionally, is there degradation occurring when a cable plugs into an adaptor and then into an audio interface? If so, how much do you think?
Price range?
What IEMs?
Material, colour, feel etc?

XINHS, IvipQ, CEMA, Openheart and others are likely willing to customize with 1/4" (6,35mm) connector. Just ask.

Personally I buy more cables instead of using adapters. I have had loose connection and imbalance with some adapters and generally try to avoid them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back