Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Jun 8, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #6,361 of 9,305
Which XIN cable is the equivalent of the White Crane?
Thanks
1623205063781.png

This one. He listed 3 different price products but those are essentially the same.

Jun 8, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #6,363 of 9,305
I ended up getting one of those too. Excellent cable I like it better than the graphene one. Seems more versatile to me.
Yeah. Graphene cable is good to supplement narrow soundstage IEMs but doesnt seem to be a good pair with wide soundstage or already bright IEMs for example Monarch or MEST. While whitecrane is copper based cable, it adds a bit of clarity and air compared to pure copper, but comes with with nice mid and bass as the good copper cables do.

Jun 9, 2021 at 3:31 AM Post #6,364 of 9,305
1623205063781.png
This one. He listed 3 different price products but those are essentially the same.
This also got my attention and I don't see anything in the description to distinguish why the price differ. The highest priced one listed as direct sale from the factory. I understand that but what about the others? Maybe different quality...

Jun 9, 2021 at 3:43 AM Post #6,365 of 9,305
This also got my attention and I don't see anything in the description to distinguish why the price differ. The highest priced one listed as direct sale from the factory. I understand that but what about the others? Maybe different quality...
They are the same. Don't waste your time spotting the difference. :stuck_out_tongue:

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2021 at 4:27 AM Post #6,366 of 9,305
Hi everyone, I own a set of Fearless audio s8z, any recommendations for upgrade cables? I like thicker cables.

Thanks in advance

Jun 9, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #6,367 of 9,305
Yeah. Graphene cable is good to supplement narrow soundstage IEMs but doesnt seem to be a good pair with wide soundstage or already bright IEMs for example Monarch or MEST. While whitecrane is copper based cable, it adds a bit of clarity and air compared to pure copper, but comes with with nice mid and bass as the good copper cables do.
What are you talking about? graphene cable is copper based aswell, its single crystal copper silver plated same as whitecrane

Jun 9, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #6,368 of 9,305
What are you talking about? graphene cable is copper based aswell, its single crystal copper silver plated same as whitecrane
Yeah I know that both are copper-based cables. I was comparing whitecrane and other pure copper cables. I have similar priced pure copper cable and SPC cable, but even some SPC cables have more copper-based traits not expressing the influence of silver plated to them. Whitecrane brings out silver plate traits well enough.

Jun 9, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #6,369 of 9,305
Hi @paulwasabii , I was having a good chat with @RikudouGoku on the XINHS A1 Pure silver/Copper cable that I am going to be picking up very soon. Just wondering your comments on this cable and if you have some photos of both the darker copper version and the normal copper version for comparison. I am having trouble deciding on what colour combo to go with! These decisions are hard!

Thanks

Jun 10, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #6,370 of 9,305
Hi everyone, I own a set of Fearless audio s8z, any recommendations for upgrade cables? I like thicker cables.

Thanks in advance

I really recommend copper cable for s8z,

Screenshot_20210610-205737796 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #6,371 of 9,305
Another batch of cables just arrived yesterday:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....store_pc_groupList.8148356.31.610a4db1mw1mkA

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....store_pc_groupList.8148356.63.24ea4cbbHRJEDj

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....store_pc_allProduct.8148356.1.dee75b5b7ZS9Na

and this not-yet-released 24 core graphene copper cable.

The first two cables sound similar to the Copper Alloy I recommended but there are some differences:
Silver Gold - Quite a bit more treble which can be too much, similar stage, need more time to play with it
Gold Plated - More treble, fuller sounding but can make the mids and upper mids congested, I prefer the Copper Alloy over this

12 Core Copper - I have been warned it would be thick and hard and heavy and it is quite hard like a hose, opps. Need more time to play with it
24 Core Graphene - The cable is super super soft and light. I am sure it is not brain burn-in. Yesterday it sounded quite narrow the stage and quite congested and today it is totally opened-up. I only played a few tracks with in and put it back in the case and maybe this is enough for the cable to settle? Now it sounds pretty good I say, tight sounding and good stage and no harsh notes at all. I have a feeling this cable will be as good as the copper alloy.
So I have been earphone-rolling and cable-rolling and this is my short update of my listening impressions:

Gold-plated copper - again the upper mid and treble are the main focus here and can sound too busy which agrees with other reviews on AliEx. The bottom end is slightly lacking and especially noticible on some less bassy IEMs such as the CKX. (The CKX Is punchy not bassy IMO) So IMHO there are better cables from XINHS at this price point.

Gold Silver Mix - this cable as I said sounds like the copper alloy (I think they look very very similar too apart from the colour) - it is basically the copper alloy cable with more treble which sounds quite good with some IEMs. Depends on your preference and more importantly the synergy with different IEMs, this is recommended.

12-core copper - it is really thick and hard. The sound is quite relaxed and natural.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #6,372 of 9,305
Hi @paulwasabii , I was having a good chat with @RikudouGoku on the XINHS A1 Pure silver/Copper cable that I am going to be picking up very soon. Just wondering your comments on this cable and if you have some photos of both the darker copper version and the normal copper version for comparison. I am having trouble deciding on what colour combo to go with! These decisions are hard!

Thanks
It is difficult to capture these two. Looking at the pictures, both appear slightly brighter in the picture. For me, with the darker cable, the silver is a striking contrast to the copper whereas, with the brighter copper, both are closer in brightness, less contrast between the two cables. There isn't a bad choice which is why I bought both.

2021-06-10 14.54.20.jpg

2021-06-10 14.50.32.jpg

2021-06-10 14.51.28.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #6,373 of 9,305
One thing that I noticed after receiving the recent batch of cables from XINHS is that connectors and jack don't seem to be new. I see numerous fine scratches and some sort of discoloration. I can't complain as I am getting good quality cable at lower prices and those are not somthing that compromises the sound but still somewhat disappointing.

Jun 10, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #6,374 of 9,305
It is difficult to capture these two. Looking at the pictures, both appear slightly brighter in the picture. For me, with the darker cable, the silver is a striking contrast to the copper whereas, with the brighter copper, both are closer in brightness, less contrast between the two cables. There isn't a bad choice which is why I bought both.

2021-06-10 14.54.20.jpg
2021-06-10 14.50.32.jpg
2021-06-10 14.51.28.jpg

I appreciate you sending through the pictures, I think I will end up going with the darker copper for a nice contrast like you said above.

Thanks

Jun 10, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #6,375 of 9,305
I really recommend copper cable for s8z,

Screenshot_20210610-205737796 (1).jpg
Hi,

I appreciate you assisting, Why copper compared to say a pure silver? Or even a copper/silver hybrid cable?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back