Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Jan 23, 2021 at 12:07 AM Post #5,491 of 9,223
New KB EAR Wide 8 core with graphene. A bit out of the spontaneous buy range but looks pretty

US $116.62 51%OFF | KBEAR Wide 8 core Graphene single crystal copper plated with silver Cable with MMCX/2PIN Connector Use For BLON BL03 KBEAR KB04
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKtj9mH
Screenshot_20210122-233614_AliExpress.jpg
So is it graphene or silver plated? Never know with all the fake "graphene" cables in the market nowadays.

Though to be fair no cable uses actual graphene, just graphite sheets.

Jan 23, 2021 at 12:26 AM Post #5,492 of 9,223
So is it graphene or silver plated? Never know with all the fake "graphene" cables in the market nowadays.

Though to be fair no cable uses actual graphene, just graphite sheets.

If I am reading it right, both. Mixed braid of SPC and graphene on copper strands.

Screenshot_20210123-002449_Samsung Internet.jpg

Jan 23, 2021 at 2:21 AM Post #5,493 of 9,223
I'd love to hear opinions on the graphene material from those who own graphene cables. I've yet to see a high-end cable manufacturer come out with a graphene cable so am a little bit skeptical, wondering if it is largely a marketing buzzword or if there's tangible sonic benefit to the material. Willing to keep an open mind about it though.

Jan 23, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #5,494 of 9,223
Can someone point me to a shop that sells something like the Faaeal 4 core copper litz cable but with 3.5mm TRRS balanced termination? Need that for iFi Pro iCan amp.

Jan 23, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #5,495 of 9,223
I'd love to hear opinions on the graphene material from those who own graphene cables. I've yet to see a high-end cable manufacturer come out with a graphene cable so am a little bit skeptical, wondering if it is largely a marketing buzzword or if there's tangible sonic benefit to the material. Willing to keep an open mind about it though.
I'd say it's the same situation as titanium diaphrams and titanium coated diaphragms used in iems/headphones/speakers.

Very different things marketed to seem the same as a titanium diaphragm will have vastly different characteristics vs a regular pet diaphragm coated with titanium powder.

And with the conducting properties of graphene, don't you think people will be using it as the conductor itself rather than as shielding?

Even in the most expensive "graphene" cables, I bet its just coated with graphene flakes. And in cheaper cables, it's most likely just graphite powder.

Jan 23, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #5,496 of 9,223
New KB EAR Wide 8 core with graphene. A bit out of the spontaneous buy range but looks pretty

US $116.62 51%OFF | KBEAR Wide 8 core Graphene single crystal copper plated with silver Cable with MMCX/2PIN Connector Use For BLON BL03 KBEAR KB04
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKtj9mH
Screenshot_20210122-233614_AliExpress.jpg
Nice...but a bit too rich for me, pricewise. When the price of a cable costs double or more than the iem it's connected to...I just can't justify it. Not going to buy this one. I'm sure it's probably really good; but I don't think it will do much for an iem half it's price.

Jan 24, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #5,497 of 9,223
Nice...but a bit too rich for me, pricewise. When the price of a cable costs double or more than the iem it's connected to...I just can't justify it. Not going to buy this one. I'm sure it's probably really good; but I don't think it will do much for an iem half it's price.

iIRC Nicehck Darkjade had a large discount at launch. Maybe we will see a better discount on the graphenes during the next large sale. I am with you, too expensive at these prices

Jan 24, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #5,498 of 9,223
Graphene cables are as pure "snake oil", as it can be (next to palladium and other alloys).

Surely, the profit margins should be great after sprinkling the surface of the cables with graphite flakes or graphene fragments that do absolutely nothing. The latter is safe to claim, since by definition, graphene is a single layer (!), its conductance won't be any significant.

I did try to ask main sellers about exact benefits, resistance values - no any substance answers (just " it is a great novel cable, friend"), so to me the graphene cables became a litmus paper of taking an advantage of gullible audiophiles.

Caveat emperor, of course, but the heard mentality is mighty strong in this hobby to be appreciably damaging...

Jan 24, 2021 at 9:44 PM Post #5,499 of 9,223
Jan 24, 2021 at 10:09 PM Post #5,500 of 9,223
Jan 25, 2021 at 7:17 AM Post #5,502 of 9,223
I have the TRN... The cable works but the microphone (tested on iPhone, PC and PS4) is pure garbage.

Which reminds me. I have 2 of the Tripowin C8 with mic cables that I bought from Linsoul, but I was disappointed to find the mic is useless. Both barely able to pick up sound, on my MacBook and iPhone. Pity because otherwise the cable is nice.

Jan 26, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #5,504 of 9,223
Interesting. My limpid is 0.46, but it looks like the pro is at least lower measuring.

Are the individual cores on the pro as thick as the ones on limpid?

So I bought a new, better multimeter and took a look at the KBEAR Limpid vs Pro again. Internal resistance hovered around 0.1 for me so that puts my Limpid in line with your measurement. But puts the Limpid Pro down around 0.27. I don't know if it means anything but in theory, it is the same material, just 80 strands instead of 40.

limpid_vs_pro.jpg

Jan 26, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #5,505 of 9,223
So I bought a new, better multimeter and took a look at the KBEAR Limpid vs Pro again. Internal resistance hovered around 0.1 for me so that puts my Limpid in line with your measurement. But puts the Limpid Pro down around 0.27. I don't know if it means anything but in theory, it is the same material, just 80 strands instead of 40.

limpid_vs_pro.jpg
Pretty sure that using the same cable but with more cores, should lower the impedance.

And I do believe our measurements are pretty much identical lol. Good to have a standard I guess, but my measurements arent accurate either. :joy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back