Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Jul 6, 2020 at 1:39 AM Post #4,426 of 9,211
They are both litz, so I'm guessing the double in price is due to doubling of the cores?
But other aspects such as sound quality, build quality, are they comparable or is the 8 core one significantly better?

The Faaeal cable is nice, but the one from that photo is on a whole other level. There’s no comparison at all.

If someone told me it was a $100 cable, I would easily believe it. The photos don’t do it justice.

As far as budget cables go, if a typical KZ or TRN brand upgrade cable is rated a 3/10, I would rate the Faaeal a 6/10, and the one from that photo an 8.5/10.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 1:53 AM Post #4,427 of 9,211
The Faaeal cable is nice, but the one from that photo is on a whole other level. There’s no comparison at all.

If someone told me it was a $100 cable, I would easily believe it. The photos don’t do it justice.

As far as budget cables go, if a typical KZ or TRN brand upgrade cable is rated a 3/10, I would rate the Faaeal a 6/10, and the one from that photo an 8.5/10.

Thanks for your insight @Slater! That clears it up!

Curiously, sound signature aside, that 8 core copper litz vs the TRN T3 silver that you just recently dissected, what would be the better option? I plan to use it for now a Blon BL-03, but in future maybe either a KXXS or Penon Orb if I have the budget.

And I'm guessing you still haven't received the Nicehck 4 core litz pure silver cable? TIA!

Jul 6, 2020 at 2:00 AM Post #4,428 of 9,211
Thanks for your insight @Slater! That clears it up!

Curiously, sound signature aside, that 8 core copper litz vs the TRN T3 silver that you just recently dissected, what would be the better option? I plan to use it for now a Blon BL-03, but in future maybe either a KXXS or Penon Orb if I have the budget.

And I'm guessing you still haven't received the Nicehck 4 core litz pure silver cable? TIA!

Unfortunately I haven’t received the NiceHCK pure silver cables yet. It should be any day though.

As far as the TRN T3 vs the copper cable from the photo, you really can’t go wrong with either. But the copper cable is definitely way nicer than the T3. Again, on another level. On my scale referenced above, I would rate the T3 cable on the same level as the Faaeal cable in quality and sound (ie a 6/10). But the copper cable blows them both away. It’s literally like shiny gold jewelry for your earphones :)

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 2:02 AM Post #4,429 of 9,211
Unfortunately I haven’t received the NiceHCK pure silver cables yet. It should be any day though.

As far as the sound difference between the TRN T3 and the copper cable from the photo, I will check tomorrow and let you know.

That'll be great. Right now the TRN T3 represents better value due to it's cheaper price. Appreciate your help good sir!

Jul 6, 2020 at 2:05 AM Post #4,430 of 9,211
That'll be great. Right now the TRN T3 represents better value due to it's cheaper price. Appreciate your help good sir!

I saw that you didn’t want to know about sound. So I edited my post above with the info you requested. I just wanna make sure you saw it.

And yes, the T3 and Faaeal cables are a better value. I own multiples of both the T3 and Faaeal cable. But I only have 1 of the copper cable from the photo. It’s special, although double the price kinda sucks. Worth every penny though.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 2:09 AM Post #4,431 of 9,211

As far as the TRN T3 vs the copper cable from the photo, you really can’t go wrong with either. But the copper cable is definitely way nicer than the T3. Again, on another level. On my scale referenced above, I would rate the T3 cable on the same level as the Faaeal cable in quality and sound (ie a 6/10). But the copper cable blows them both away. It’s literally like shiny gold jewelry for your earphones :)
How about purely from a sonic standpoint, ignoring how they look?

Jul 6, 2020 at 2:11 AM Post #4,432 of 9,211
I saw that you didn’t want to know about sound. So I edited my post above with the info you requested. I just wanna make sure you saw it.

I just saw that, and very interesting to note. I guess that eliminates the other 2 then.
Considering that the 8 core cable is now within the range of the CEMA RX cable 196, how would you rate the cable 196 vs the 8.5/10 of that copper cable?
Again with the intention of pairing it with BL-03 and eventually Penon Orb.

Jul 6, 2020 at 2:47 AM Post #4,433 of 9,211
I also saw this custom cable made by a boutique outlet locally

8 cores, each core consist of 60 wires x 0.06mm:
2 subcore: 10 wires 5N OCC copper per core, total 20 wires
2 subcore: 10 wires gold plated copper per core, total 20 wires
2 subcore: 10 wires silver plated copper per core, total 20 wires

About $28

Attachments

• trinity1.JPG
    trinity1.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 0
  • trinity2.JPG
    trinity2.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 0
  • trinity3.JPG
    trinity3.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 0
  • trinity4.JPG
    trinity4.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 0
Jul 6, 2020 at 3:33 AM Post #4,434 of 9,211

Two questions:
1. Is this just a 7N version of the same cable? It should be as good or maybe a bit better due to better material used, if I understand correctly.

2. Sonically I'm looking for bold bass and bit recessed highs due to bright LZ A6 I want to pair it with. I know that $149 ISN CU4 or CEMA Super copper series cable for $135.50 have that characteristics. What about something cheaper? I'm a bit hesistant to buy $150 cable for $300 iems. I'm considering it, though.

1594020354148.png

Jul 6, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #4,435 of 9,211
This may not be related exactly but I would like ask if you can recommend a good Bluetooth module with 2 pin.

Recently, my two KZ aptx-HD cables got broken. The sound was okay but the quality was really bad.

I found this AE! It seems they used a better quality cable together with Qualcomm QCC3034 chipset. The cable got my attention the most. Do you think it would be a good idea to go for that?

I'm open to any idea if you have other recommedations. :)

1594067645589.png

Jul 6, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #4,436 of 9,211
This may not be related exactly but I would like ask if you can recommend a good Bluetooth module with 2 pin.

Recently, my two KZ aptx-HD cables got broken. The sound was okay but the quality was really bad.

I found this AE! It seems they used a better quality cable together with Qualcomm QCC3034 chipset. The cable got my attention the most. Do you think it would be a good idea to go for that?

I'm open to any idea if you have other recommedations. :)

Honestly, if you’re going to spend $42, you’re well on your way to a Radsone ES100. Especially when they are on sale for $75-$80.

It blows any regular Bluetooth cable away. Balanced output, app loaded with features, use the gear and cables you already own.

Jul 7, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #4,439 of 9,211
you’re well on your way to a Radsone ES100
Thanks for the recommendation! I've checked it but I'm not quite sure if this is similar to what I've been looking for. I need a cable with a bluetooth module so that I can use it during running for example so it would be nice if I can tangle it around my neck. I have plenty of IEMs with 2 pin connectors and tbh it's okay not to have the best wireless audio quality. :) Do you think the module I've shown in the previous message would be good? or maybe sth similar?

Jul 7, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #4,440 of 9,211
Thanks for the recommendation! I've checked it but I'm not quite sure if this is similar to what I've been looking for. I need a cable with a bluetooth module so that I can use it during running for example so it would be nice if I can tangle it around my neck. I have plenty of IEMs with 2 pin connectors and tbh it's okay not to have the best wireless audio quality. :) Do you think the module I've shown in the previous message would be good? or maybe sth similar?

Good point - if it’s for running, I wouldn’t recommend the ES100.

The downsides to the removable cables you’re talking about, is that most likely any earphone you attach is not going to be IPX rated. I’ve killed a few earphones when I would cycle with the detachable Bluetooth cables and my favorite IEM.

Once I changed over to TWS earphones, I could go with sweat rated models. And honestly I love not having the wires hang around my neck. When running, you will most likely hear the thump thump thump of the cable bouncing around. Not so with TWS.

With that said, I don’t have a whole lot of experience with the detachable Bluetooth cables. I’ve had the KZ one which I don’t recommend, and 2 from TRN BT3 and BT10. I liked the TRN ones, but they did have a very faint ‘white noise‘ sound when the music is paused, that bothers some people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back