Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Jan 10, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #3,811 of 9,224
Anyone tried these? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32982644825.html

Connectors looks cooler than most IMO.

10409039.jpg

Attachments

• H8beba6aa01ac48ab8968c0eccf27ac98U.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 0
Jan 10, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #3,812 of 9,224
well on my drunken A/B/C testing yesterday i really think the only thing that matters is "pure silver or not"... 175 and my new one where not the same but not totally different... The pure silver one 174 is another thing.. well not sure but i had no impressions of something different totally tired and with some red wine on my new out of box KB tri i3.... those are really pleasant! ... i really got asshooked on that thick ISN A8 super Silver... yeah.. ****... :wink: i guess this will be on my "waste money" list...anyway. those cables are still in a OK price range but you have Built Qaulity and pleasure that no meth hooker Stock cable will ever give you.. those are so "ehhhh whwwwheehh iit has super aids and will reproduc e.. Hans please kill it with fire"... UAHAhhh that tri i3 had such a piece of crap cable .. it will ruin everything ... you think you headphones are some heroin hooker that will.... do anything for the next shot (that was the most diplomatic thing i could call it)

Jan 10, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #3,813 of 9,224
Sonically what's the difference between the two:

AND

Its going to be quite challenging to get and AB ing the same UP-OCC material but different litz type...

take these as grain of salt, I tried Satin cable Griffin, and compare to 165.
Beside dark background, which is that's why Litz purpose too. the Mid bass thighter, and sub bass clearer.
And I find my 165 have a bit wider Soundstage and separation...
All by small marginal and can be neglected...

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2020 at 9:10 PM Post #3,815 of 9,224
Thanks a lot dsnuts you are just an amazing person around here on headfi! Knowing me I would have bought 10 different cables before I eventually ended up with the s16. LOL. But honestly the main reason I don't want to buy another hybrid or ba is because after rotating through millions of these similar earphones I do not feel the coherence of the drivers which completely puts me off and the Ba tone for me sounds really fake which takes away from the enjoyment factor. Unless the h40 is an expectation in these cases then I could go for them but after wasting tons of money I eventually figured that a solid single DD was the way to go. DD drivers for me sound very real but usually lack technical performance, however, with the fdx1 it has ticked all my boxes apart from stage and slightly more thickness.

Your 175 cable on the fdx1 would be a very interesting read aswell.

175 cable on the FDX1. Has probably the widest stage. Detail is excellent but what the S-16 does for the FDX1 is give it some girth with the stage. 175 gives it the best precision and probably the cleanest sound out of all my cables. But once you go back to the S-16. It immediately ads more fullness of sound while retaining just a wide a stage. Sound separation is where the 175 cables excel. Detail might not be the best with the S16 but it isn't lacking in that department either.

I am a firm believer in cable synergy with the phone it is attached to.. 175 is one of the very best sonically balanced cables while having a black space to work with and the detail of that silver that makes up for half the cable. Just because a cable is "higher end" however doesn't mean it will synergize the best with a given phone. I use my 175 cable on my Andromeda S. It jives with that phone like none other. 175 cable gives one of the best sense of width of stage but not the best for fullness of sound. Here is where the AG8 ISN silver cables is one up on the 175. Those cables give some of the best fullness of sound for a pure silver cable I have ever used and those actually has a wider stage vs the 175 cables as well. I noticed this when I attached it to the Andromeda S.

I think while the 175 gives out an excellent sense of sound separation due to that black space noticeable only when using this cable and texture of the sound is one of the best but it has a tendency to neutralize a sonic profile giving a broader width of sound.. I noticed this when trying it on my Solaris as well. So while it sounds great on the FDX1 I actually like the S-16 more on it. Since it gives the sound some meat to work with. Is the 175 cable worth buying. Ya I think so. It is worth owning a set to use on your phones when you want to inject some better technicalities to a sonic profile. I think you would be happy with the 175 cable on the FXD1. However the S-16 on the phones is no joke either and for not much money so I would try those first and see how you like it.

Funny thing is while I actually like the even fuller sounding H-16 on the FDX1. I started listening to the S-16 cable on it more since I have been comparing the 2. Now I don't know which cable I prefer now. Lol. Good problem to have.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2020 at 9:47 PM Post #3,816 of 9,224
175 cable on the FDX1. Has probably the widest stage. Detail is excellent but what the S-16 does for the FDX1 is give it some girth with the stage. 175 gives it the best precision and probably the cleanest sound out of all my cables. But once you go back to the S-16. It immediately ads more fullness of sound while retaining just a wide a stage. Sound separation is where the 175 cables excel. Detail might not be the best with the S16 but it isn't lacking in that department either.

I am a firm believer in cable synergy with the phone it is attached to.. 175 is one of the very best sonically balanced cables while having a black space to work with and the detail of that silver that makes up for half the cable. Just because a cable is "higher end" however doesn't mean it will synergize the best with a given phone. I use my 175 cable on my Andromeda S. It jives with that phone like none other. 175 cable gives one of the best sense of width of stage but not the best for fullness of sound. Here is where the AG8 ISN silver cables is one up on the 175. Those cables give some of the best fullness of sound for a pure silver cable I have ever used and those actually has a wider stage vs the 175 cables as well. I noticed this when I attached it to the Andromeda S.

I think while the 175 gives out an excellent sense of sound separation due to that black space noticeable only when using this cable and texture of the sound is one of the best but it has a tendency to neutralize a sonic profile giving a broader width of sound.. I noticed this when trying it on my Solaris as well. So while it sounds great on the FDX1 I actually like the S-16 more on it. Since it gives the sound some meat to work with. Is the 175 cable worth buying. Ya I think so. It is worth owning a set to use on your phones when you want to inject some better technicalities to a sonic profile. I think you would be happy with the 175 cable on the FXD1. However the S-16 on the phones is no joke either and for not much money so I would try those first and see how you like it.

Funny thing is while I actually like the even fuller sounding H-16 on the FDX1. I started listening to the S-16 cable on it more since I have been comparing the 2. Now I don't know which cable I prefer now. Lol. Good problem to have.
Thanks ever soo much! This thread will be a great read to all fdx1 owners especially the ones that are suffering from all the problems surrounding it. After reading all that I think I might skip the 175 cable and in the future save up for the ag8 cable. I also require meatiness in my sound and if the ag8 cable does everything like the 175 plus with that extra heft then I feel crazy enough In saying that a £200 cable may actually be worth it.

Jan 10, 2020 at 10:09 PM Post #3,817 of 9,224
I am lucky to own both but let me put it this way. I like the AG8 so much I got a 2 pin version I just got today actually. Lol

The thing is guys are either believers of cables or think cables do nothing for your earphones. Sound science guys wont peep into this thread as I will kick them in the nutz. I hate it when someone tells me I am full of poo because cables make no difference in sonics.

Ya and this is me connecting and disconnecting using the same earphone with the same source. Sometimes going back n forth several times to hear the differences. Truth is cables do make a difference. I only wish they didn't cus that would have saved me a grip of cash.

Here is one that will really make the sound science guys cringe. SO I happen to have a brand new AG8. Sill sealed in the box. I have a well burned in AG8 now has at least 100 plus hours of use on it. Question is does use of a pure silver cable matter? I intend to find out. I have an mmcx adapter I can use on my 2 pin version. I am going to go back n forth with 2 AG8s to find out if there is any differences in a burned in pure silver cable and one that is fresh out of the box.. Stay tuned..

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2020 at 11:48 PM Post #3,818 of 9,224
I am lucky to own both but let me put it this way. I like the AG8 so much I got a 2 pin version I just got today actually. Lol

The thing is guys are either believers of cables or think cables do nothing for your earphones. Sound science guys wont peep into this thread as I will kick them in the nutz. I hate it when someone tells me I am full of poo because cables make no difference in sonics.

Ya and this is me connecting and disconnecting using the same earphone with the same source. Sometimes going back n forth several times to hear the differences. Truth is cables do make a difference. I only wish they didn't cus that would have saved me a grip of cash.

Here is one that will really make the sound science guys cringe. SO I happen to have a brand new AG8. Sill sealed in the box. I have a well burned in AG8 now has at least 100 plus hours of use on it. Question is does use of a pure silver cable matter? I intend to find out. I have an mmcx adapter I can use on my 2 pin version. I am going to go back n forth with 2 AG8s to find out if there is any differences in a burned in pure silver cable and one that is fresh out of the box.. Stay tuned..
You show em, bro! Kick em in the nutz! And let us all know your findings...please! I also hear differences between cables (and have done so for 40 years into audio). Me, I don't care what the science guys say. Measurements are tools...but they don't tell the whole story.

Jan 10, 2020 at 11:53 PM Post #3,819 of 9,224

So now you're having 2 AG8 cables? take em apart and make an AG16 cable, and tell me how good it make the H40 sound.

Jan 11, 2020 at 12:33 AM Post #3,821 of 9,224
This thread is becoming unrealistic, and completely disregards the title of the thread. Any uninformed individual will be fooled into buying these expensive cables, just because some esteemed individuals says so. If you are a wise person, and there's a shop where you can audition it, then please try it first, compare it with the cheap and recommended ones (mentioned from this thread) - before jumping into any conclusion, and disturbing your wallet.

For me, any cables that exceeds the 150+USD are pure snake oils. And should be purchased only if they look good (ala jewelry) - if you're into that kind of thing. Otherwise, spend that change to an higher end IEM or Tips - that gives out something which you can hear.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020 at 1:12 AM Post #3,823 of 9,224
Woe my man. This thread is an open minded forum. I would say 90% of my cables are under $100 so I am with you there. Though I have to say unless you have used these higher end cables. I wouldn't call them snake oil. Like all good things in life. Higher end stuff cost money. I get what your saying but your saying this to the guy that started this thread. I will say cheaper cables gets very close to the higher end ones. I said this before and I will say it again. Best bang for buck cables are in the $25-$70 range of cables. The ones above that price all add a bit of extra something to the sonics you cant get from sub $100 cables.

I have nothing under $100 that sound like my Oalloy UPOCC, My Electro Acousti and ISN AG8 cables. These cables cost this much for a reason and not just because they look nicer. I mentioned in an earlier post $200ish is my tipping point anything above that for me personally is a bit much. I would rather spend on nice earphones.

Speaking of Oalloy. It seems the cables have increased in popularity. They are sold out of them. Will have to ask Jim if they plan on getting more.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020 at 1:27 AM Post #3,824 of 9,224
@Dsnuts Have you ever compared 4 core vs 8 core of the same cable? Particularly single-ended? I'm thinking of picking up the 175 for my M7 but I'm not sure what added benefits there will be!

Jan 11, 2020 at 1:32 AM Post #3,825 of 9,224
@Dsnuts : just dont forget, plugs (gold/rho) and tin solder also affect on the sound quality it may sound fuller, warmer or brighter.
i havent tried that prebuild cable 175, but i bought few meters and rebuild it here

just info, am using ath r70x.
it doesnt change the sonic at all, but instead it improves well on their overall frequencies, make it easier to listen

the cable itself is good

@maricius
let me told you one thing
that au ag wire is not really au ag as in 99% silver 1% gold
it composition is 97.5% ag, 2.3% au, 0.2% pd

i found it on another chinese website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back