Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Sep 8, 2023 at 5:34 PM Post #3,346 of 3,520
Ouch, sorry to hear. Yeah, they're expensive cases....ugh. Did you let him know about the damage?
Nah. I sold the P6Pro. Won't be touching any vishnu cases anymore.

Sep 8, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #3,348 of 3,520
👍

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2023 at 12:07 AM Post #3,349 of 3,520
Hi, I had some of these same concerns before I bought the LPGT Titanium, but after listening to it I was sold.

In my view, the Lotto has a golden sound with a level of warmth that really appeals to my sensitivities. If you prefer a more exciting sound, the LPGT has a very comprehensive parametric EQ as well as pre-defined filters to adjust the tonality to your liking.

Regarding its age, I, too, thought about this before I bought it, but again, after listening to it, my concerns melted away. So far, my Titanium version has been bulletproof other than a firmware snafu.

I might suggest you contact Andrew @MusicTeck since he sometimes has great deals on the LPGT down in the $2,300 area. I’ve bought over 20K of gear from him and he’s a top notch dealer. 👍

Finally, try to listen to one for assurance, and if you’re anything like me, you’ll be sold. ✌️
Hey,

I bought it few days after I posted this query. Got a good deal on the default model, also ti version was not in stock for long. Its such a brilliant little dap - too good sounding, great form factor. Pure music, no bs. Something which stops you looking further. Glad that I bought it.

Sep 9, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #3,350 of 3,520
Congrats! I’m happy for you. 😁

Sep 11, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #3,351 of 3,520
The old guys are still in business.

20230910_104125-01.jpeg

Sep 12, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #3,352 of 3,520
Is it normal for the LPGT to reload the album artwork on every song in the same album? I transfer my music files from the iTunes folder on my Mac over to the LPGT...

Sep 14, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #3,355 of 3,520
It has been a while and I’m checking in. My audio hobby was completely on hold due to life for a few years.

So did they upgrade anything for the LPGT software wise? And is it still pretty much one of the top dogs? I wanted a LPGT Titanium (not even sure how it was better sound wise, I just like titanium as a metal, like the upcoming iPhone 15 Pro and my Apple Watch Ultra) and now it’s gone, it was a Limited Edition sadly. However, now we have the Lotoo Mjolnir. So I guess it worked out.

Sep 15, 2023 at 1:48 AM Post #3,356 of 3,520
It has been a while and I’m checking in. My audio hobby was completely on hold due to life for a few years.

So did they upgrade anything for the LPGT software wise? And is it still pretty much one of the top dogs? I wanted a LPGT Titanium (not even sure how it was better sound wise, I just like titanium as a metal, like the upcoming iPhone 15 Pro and my Apple Watch Ultra) and now it’s gone, it was a Limited Edition sadly. However, now we have the Lotoo Mjolnir. So I guess it worked out.
You should be able to acquire the LPGT Titanium in the second hand market as they come up for sale occasionally. I personally am glad that I did just that. The Mjolnir however, in on a totally different level. It certainly isn't pocket friendly, even if you have the deep pocket required to afford it.

Sep 15, 2023 at 9:25 AM Post #3,357 of 3,520
You should be able to acquire the LPGT Titanium in the second hand market as they come up for sale occasionally. I personally am glad that I did just that. The Mjolnir however, in on a totally different level. It certainly isn't pocket friendly, even if you have the deep pocket required to afford it.
Right, I would use the Mjolnir at the couch, and the LPGT at the Gym. I’m just not sure if upgrading to the Titanium is going to be worth it for me. Especially if they come out with a significantly improved LPGT 2.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #3,358 of 3,520
Right, I would use the Mjolnir at the couch, and the LPGT at the Gym. I’m just not sure if upgrading to the Titanium is going to be worth it for me. Especially if they come out with a significantly improved LPGT 2.
I have an LPGT Ti but never heard the OG LPGT unfortunately but when I was asking about comparisons between them before I purchased I was told the vocals are a bit more forward and the treble is a bit brighter on the LPGT Ti.

Sep 16, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #3,359 of 3,520
I have an LPGT Ti but never heard the OG LPGT unfortunately but when I was asking about comparisons between them before I purchased I was told the vocals are a bit more forward and the treble is a bit brighter on the LPGT Ti.
I guess the LGPT can be seen as a polite neutral, but in a good way. I get the feeling it’s perhaps not as simple as better or worse, just a bit more powerful and bright on the Ti. However, what do I truely know other than what I read here and in reviews, I have very little to compare it to at this level of gear. The LPGT was so expensive that it was only possible via a small 401K withdrawal. It’s definitely the best Dac I’ve ever owned. I like my Stellia headphones on it. Normal people don’t hear it right away or appreciate it right away, but I can’t un hear the loss of quality on average gear now.

Sep 16, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #3,360 of 3,520
I guess the LGPT can be seen as a polite neutral, but in a good way. I get the feeling it’s perhaps not as simple as better or worse, just a bit more powerful and bright on the Ti. However, what do I truely know other than what I read here and in reviews, I have very little to compare it to at this level of gear. The LPGT was so expensive that it was only possible via a small 401K withdrawal. It’s definitely the best Dac I’ve ever owned. I like my Stellia headphones on it. Normal people don’t hear it right away or appreciate it right away, but I can’t un hear the loss of quality on average gear now.
I owned both the LPGT and the LGPT Ti together for about a month. I found the LPGT a tad too polite in comparison to the Ti. I subsequently sold the LPGT and kept the Ti as my last DAP. Every time I listen with the Ti, I still marvel at how great it sounds to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back