Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Dec 29, 2018 at 6:28 AM Post #888 of 3,520
If you really want to drop 3k+ on a player without a doubt go with the cayin n8, it’s amazing.
i Listen mostly hard rock and heavy music and the LPG original for me goes reply well with this kind of music, I'm afraid the N8 can be not so good, can you give me your opinion on that? At this moment I can get a new N8 for 2k EUR in Spain which is quite a nice deal.

Dec 29, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #890 of 3,520
No, I was never tempted as it seems too basic, do you think I should take a look for the music I hear, mostly hard rock and heavy?
Definitely, if you like natural smooth organic sound, with a very black background. And there is no fagique ( ear strain ) even after 8 hours non stop listening, no matter what is played.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #892 of 3,520
Very poor viewing angles. See Hawaii's YouTube video where he compares the two.

Comparing to what? Of course, there will be better and worse displays, in a relative comparison to other DAPs, but LPGT has 3.77" (480x800) IPS Retina display with the latest Gorilla 5 glass. IPS displays considered to have one of the widest viewing angles and gorilla glass is tough as nails. You are not watching videos, pictures, or playing videos games on this DAP. Certainly, a preference of a high res display with rich colors is a priority for people who appreciate the embedded artwork, which I know Chris/HBB does, and I can certainly see how LPGT display might not be at the top of that category. Cayin N8 display is even worse (3.2" low res screen), but it doesn't matter since some manufacturer put more effort into sound and internal hardware of non-Android DAPs, and skip on fancy displays which burn more battery. But you calling LPGT as having a "very poor viewing angle" is just silly man :D Don't think you ever personally tested it, right?

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #893 of 3,520
In HBB videos he have the default brightness which make the screen blueish at an angle. It's due to the back light. I keep my brightness at lowest setting and it's not as noticeable and everything is still very visible.
If you want to compare LPGT screen to AK SE100, the color accuracy is better on the LPGT and album art is a little sharper even though SE100 has higher resolution.

Dec 29, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #894 of 3,520
i Listen mostly hard rock and heavy music and the LPG original for me goes reply well with this kind of music, I'm afraid the N8 can be not so good, can you give me your opinion on that? At this moment I can get a new N8 for 2k EUR in Spain which is quite a nice deal.
Absolutely, I listen to heavy music as well. Like everything else you’ll need to hear it yourself. The bass especially, very profound.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #895 of 3,520
Very poor viewing angles. See Hawaii's YouTube video where he compares the two.
Admittedly, I've only seen it in photographs, but the viewing angles don't seem that bad to me. Personally, I wouldn't be that worried about viewing angles on a handheld device, whose screen gets used for such short periods of time.

Dec 29, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #896 of 3,520
Admittedly, I've only seen it in photographs, but the viewing angles don't seem that bad to me. Personally, I wouldn't be that worried about viewing angles on a handheld device, whose screen gets used for such short periods of time.
For me the quality is not good snough for the nearly $4000 asking price.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #897 of 3,520
The verdict on who has the best screen is the hiby R6/R6Pro we can end that conversation here. Back to the LPG regular program...

Dec 29, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #898 of 3,520
With Andromeda I liked more LPGT than Cayin N8
IMG_20181229_141347.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #899 of 3,520
Dec 29, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #900 of 3,520
For me the quality is not good snough for the nearly $4000 asking price.

But isn't your favorite DAP a 3000EUR Tera-Player which has no-display at all, only a few skip buttons? :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back