Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Sep 25, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #632 of 3,519
Oh for crying out loud bro :D, just use your own ears, test it, and determine which one sounds better to you with IEMs you like. If you are going to compare DAPs by spec "numbers", it's the same as choosing headphones by looking at FR graph to read the sound with your eyes instead of your ears. And everyone's opinion is just that, an opinion based on their personal preference. You just heard half a dozen of people say they don't hear hissing with Legend X, while you do hear it. So what does that say about other people's opinion/impressions when you hear it differently? I know, you are in Canada and it's hard to get your ears on products, it sucks for sure. I'm only aware of https://headphonebar.com/ which is in Vancouver, and they suppose to have a lot of headphones and daps. Then, when you are driving through US, maybe stop in Manhattan, https://audio46.com/ is in Time Square, and they have a lot of headphones and DAPs in stock. In a few weeks, CanJam at RMAF (in Colorado) coming up https://canjamglobal.com/ - lots of stuff will be showcased in there, and next Feb CanJam is coming back to NYC. Also, check to see if there are any local Head-fi meets in Canada, seems there were some a few years ago: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/when-can-we-have-next-calgary-canada-head-fi-meet.746598/

I have been reading your posts in different threads, and I can definitely see you are confused and overwhelmed because you are focusing on spec numbers, DAC models, oversampling rates, etc. I know, it doesn't help there are dozens of DAPs and IEMs/headphones out there, too many choices, you can go nuts. I'm not even a consumer but rather a reviewer, and I'm having a hard time keeping up with everything. So, I do feel your and others pain, but you are only making it harder on yourself. And I'm afraid the only way to resolve this is by you trying to hear it yourself, in addition to reading other reviews and impressions.

I am very thankfull for your worries on my problems with dap dilemma.
I will have an opportunity to audiotion the cayin n8 and lpgt in very near future like very soon :) and that should clear up all my problemes. Those are the 2 daps I am highly regarding.
As to sq I has an hdv820 from sennheiser before and it was a very good sounding unit I loved it. But had to give up on it cause I need mobile I am always on the go.
So I got my favorite iem already and they need a high end totl dap now.

If I am unable to get satisfied with daps I will go for hugo2+dx200 then I know hugo2 had 0 hiss for me!

Thanks again twister for all the links and support I will check it all out and keep you all guys informed about my journey ;p

Sep 25, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #633 of 3,519
I don’t think that it get a global release yet :D, even if it does, it is still high-end pricing. It may take sometime for consumers to have impressions beside reviewers
I don't think it will cost more then the SP1000:) but we shall see. At least in Japan it will be released October 25 and hopefully international after.

Sep 25, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #635 of 3,519

The advertising said that around $3K. If I got extra money I would get one. This DAP has an elegant look. :wink:
Yes, is beautiful and professional looking at the same time. Also because it uses SDXC is a bonus for me. I believe in the Lotoo team, as they do not rush things out and they don't release a music player every 6 months, plus they are excellent with the firmware updates. Always improving.

Sep 25, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #636 of 3,519
So far the wifi is being used only for FOTA updates. Hopefully they will other functions in the near future.

I echo and truly hope Lotoo would expand WiFi capability of LPGT, particularly for streaming services (e.g. Spotify, Tidal and etc). Paid subscribers of such streaming services are likely to be more discerning or selective about their listening experience (e.g. want of high quality sources). With the support of WiFi and streaming services, it will give them little to no reason to not spend on LPGT.

The design ethos of LPGT, e.g. incorporating a touch screen, seems to me is also driven towards making it a more accessible product to the masses (compare to its highly acclaimed LPG). Enabling WiFi and streaming would place LPGT in good position to capture more market share.

Sep 25, 2018 at 10:39 PM Post #637 of 3,519
I echo and truly hope Lotoo would expand WiFi capability of LPGT, particularly for streaming services (e.g. Spotify, Tidal and etc). Paid subscribers of such streaming services are likely to be more discerning or selective about their listening experience (e.g. want of high quality sources). With the support of WiFi and streaming services, it will give them little to no reason to not spend on LPGT.

The design ethos of LPGT, e.g. incorporating a touch screen, seems to me is also driven towards making it a more accessible product to the masses (compare to its highly acclaimed LPG). Enabling WiFi and streaming would place LPGT in good position to capture more market share.

It's not just wifi but also support of android apps that is required. LPGT is not running android OS, but their own custom OS, that's why I think native streaming service support won't happen anytime soon.

Sep 26, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #638 of 3,519

The advertising said that around $3K. If I got extra money I would get one. This DAP has an elegant look. :wink:

And whats gona happend with the dx200 ti? :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::L3000:

Sep 26, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #640 of 3,519
Still love the sound of DX200TI and amp8. I found out this combination matching pretty awesome with PW-05 and UIEMs JH Angie II. :smile_phones:

Shhhh is there any hiss ???
LMAO

Sep 26, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #644 of 3,519
I own the Spartans which absolutely don’t have any hisses. That is why I am holding on to the Phantoms for now and save money for LPGT. :wink:
Yeah, best way to do it, if your girlfriend is not happy with your mom, you have to chose one or another....the same as a DAP that is hissing with your gears :D

When and where will you be buying the LPGT ? I am curious about it

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #645 of 3,519
So long as the phantom and 846 is not paired with it 0_0

I own the Spartans which absolutely don’t have any hisses. That is why I am holding on to the Phantoms for now and save money for LPGT. :wink:

I will receive my ciem tomorrow hallelujah
I will try contact @FranckZZZ see what hes schedule :) its starting to get hot in here a lots of testing on the way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back