Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Aug 21, 2018 at 1:40 AM Post #436 of 3,520
Like I said, Hugo 2 is on an other level compared to these totl daps imo. It simply images better and has better soundstage depth. More "correct". Sound signature-wise it makes sense to compare WM1Z and LPGT to Hugo 2. SP1000 has a complete different tuning.

Hugo 2 has an authoritative subbass and midbass. In comparison, LPGT sounds emotionless (not enough subbass) and WM1Z sounds muddy (too much coloration on the bass frequencies). In the midrange, where Hugo 2 does its absolute best, LPGT sounds full but not passionate and WM1Z sounds passionate but I can tell the sound is colored. I favor the treble from the Hugo 2 as well. It simply images better, and places instruments in a more correct (imo) distance than both LPGT and WM1Z.

For your reference here's how their sound signatures are to my ears. Quantity, from subbass to midbass to mid to lower treble to treble:

Hugo 2: 65554
LPGT: 45555
SE100: 45554
WM1Z: 65554 (but colored!)
SP1000: 54456
LPG: 44457
Dear Edric Li:
I like listen classic music, OST, less vocal. Which sap I should choose lpgt or sp1000. Please help me, Which sap I should choose lpgt or sp1000? THX

Aug 26, 2018 at 8:23 AM Post #438 of 3,520
Does anyone speak his language?

He is also comparing it to the N8 if I’m not wrong.

Russian overview, comparing prototypes only, made by an audio store owner :wink:

Aug 26, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #441 of 3,520
Yea that guy is saying tjat lpgt os cleaner and more mature sounding :] slightly more detailed. And has less floor noise.

Aug 26, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #442 of 3,520
Well, for wm1Z to be raked in with Hugo 2, that is an achievement. Being colored or not, IMO, the tonal body of WM1Z overall is king of portable by far from what I came through (loved it with upgraded wires). Thanks @Edric Li .

I guess, this is where I should look toward DMP-Z1

I am disappointed lpgt sounds emotionless and lack sub bass. Forget it it just got wiped off my wish list haaa.
Now dx200 + amp8 stayes in first place and then we got cayin n8.
And if nothing works out I gp with h2 as a last ressort. But my feeling are tjat dx208 is gona beat a lot of meat in area ;p

Aug 26, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #443 of 3,520
Hi I'm not sure about all future updates but I guess there won't be native streaming service inside, so you may need a phone or some device else with Bluetooth. The view angel is good, at least for mine, since I've checked with different angel and brightness.I'm looking forward to possible change during time too.
I don't hear any news about UK, sorry about that and hope you will have a try soon : D

Aa so you can confirm that we can use tje bluetooth dac feature :) also can we use it via usb otg?

Aug 26, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #444 of 3,520
Yea that guy is saying tjat lpgt os cleaner and more mature sounding :] slightly more detailed. And has less floor noise.

Yeah, but he was also clear, those are prototypes that have to go back. I know the guy in that video, he runs a popular audio gear store in Ukraine (2 locations) that sells DAPs and iems. His videos are made for promotion, as expected, not necessary for a critical analysis/comparison. Still, a great visual of the product from every angle :wink:

Aug 26, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #447 of 3,520
Yeah, but he was also clear, those are prototypes that have to go back. I know the guy in that video, he runs a popular audio gear store in Ukraine (2 locations) that sells DAPs and iems. His videos are made for promotion, as expected, not necessary for a critical analysis/comparison. Still, a great visual of the product from every angle :wink:

Hehe i was watching it and perceived it as almost final comparison. He states a lot of characteristics about bothe daps and there sound shape too.
Lpgt is more clean mature natural easy on ears for longer sessions and blacker background.
N8 more thickness more autoritive sound and warmer too.

I find lpgt more beautiful aesthetically while n8 has more connectivity and good accessories to!

Aug 26, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #448 of 3,520
I am disappointed lpgt sounds emotionless and lack sub bass. Forget it it just got wiped off my wish list haaa.
And if nothing works out I gp with h2 as a last ressort. But my feeling are tjat dx208 is gona beat a lot of meat in area ;p

Honestly, from all the gear I have experienced, and for the Dx208 to be highly satisfying to the experiences, it does wonderful :). Hard to believe such things can exist. The best of it is that you can swap amps. It is like a portable customizable system by itself

Aug 26, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #449 of 3,520
Honestly, from all the gear I have experienced, and for the Dx208 to be highly satisfying to the experiences, it does wonderful :). Hard to believe such things can exist. The best of it is that you can swap amps. It is like a portable customizable system by itself

Yea and if your a lucky one you got the limited editions to show off haha even dmp dont offer that bang... :)

Aug 26, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #450 of 3,520

bratva, you're going by a few impressions. Every review/impression is important, but at this point nobody heard the final production N8 yet and I'm sure its fw is still in alpha stage. LPGT was released already, obviously hw is finalized, but I believe they are still finetuning the fw, the reason why it hasn't been released internationally, but soon. Like I said, every review and impression is an important data point from that person's perspective, but you still need to hear more voices to draw the final conclusion :) And usually, the excitement or disappointed comes when you hear it with your own ears, not someone else's :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back