Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Jun 16, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #2,551 of 3,520
Someone last year wrote not before the end of 2022. BUT this was before the whole pandemic and the burning down of the AKM chip factory and all that chip delivering problems we have right now. So I guess it won’t happen anytime soon. Moreover there are some guys who prefer the older LPG‘s sound over the more neutral take of the LPGT, so something new isn’t always better.
I personally LOVE its neutral take.
I love the LPG 2017 completely, but want a more "modern" option.

0615211108.jpg

Jun 16, 2021 at 7:22 PM Post #2,552 of 3,520
How durable is the LPGT finish? You have to be quite careful with the original LPG.
The paint is quite stable, if you are careful. Not that the player was very scratchy, but when I used LPGT without a cover, it didn't seem unrealistic to put a scratch with a jack in my pocket. But it has a stock cover (faux leather, if I'm not mistaken). And yet I have leather Dignis and a few more custom ones. Quite comfortable and beautiful.
IMG_20210427_221559.jpg

Jun 16, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #2,553 of 3,520
Have many of you have also tried the Cayin N8?
Yes of course. N8 compared to LPGT is like an uneducated tactless punk compared to an apistocrat. More body, more drive, but less natural sound.

Jun 17, 2021 at 2:49 AM Post #2,554 of 3,520
The paint is quite stable, if you are careful. Not that the player was very scratchy, but when I used LPGT without a cover, it didn't seem unrealistic to put a scratch with a jack in my pocket. But it has a stock cover (faux leather, if I'm not mistaken). And yet I have leather Dignis and a few more custom ones. Quite comfortable and beautiful.
Wao, that's beautiful case, Where did you buy it ? The stock case has average quality if not bad quality, I'm still looking for the other one for replacing. Thanks

Jun 26, 2021 at 1:47 AM Post #2,555 of 3,520
I’m surprised the LPGT Ti is still around. I just assumed the 1000 unit limited edition LPGT Ti would pass me by financially. I was supposed to be happy with my LPGT. And I am... I think. Here we are months and months later and I’m still tempted by titanium lust. Just tell me I’m not missing much with my regular LPGT and Focal Stellia headphones and I can relax. Like how much could I even resell my LPGT for if I wanted a LPGT Ti? And is that too little of a jump making a theoretical next generation Lotoo flagship player the better item to wait for?

Jun 26, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #2,556 of 3,520
I’m surprised the LPGT Ti is still around. I just assumed the 1000 unit limited edition LPGT Ti would pass me by financially. I was supposed to be happy with my LPGT. And I am... I think. Here we are months and months later and I’m still tempted by titanium lust. Just tell me I’m not missing much with my regular LPGT and Focal Stellia headphones and I can relax. Like how much could I even resell my LPGT for if I wanted a LPGT Ti? And is that too little of a jump making a theoretical next generation Lotoo flagship player the better item to wait for?
The Touch ti is simply a variation on the Touch. You are paying a premium for its exclusivity. I would happily wait for their next flagship.

Jun 27, 2021 at 5:35 AM Post #2,557 of 3,520
If you have a headphone that needs more driving power, the Ti‘s 3.5mm se out makes sense.
That being said, I saw you also sell your Stellia. Why that? Do you have another headphone on order?

Jun 27, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #2,558 of 3,520
Well with the Stellia I find I don’t have a good use case for it. I can’t easily use it as a headset for ps5, no mic, I can’t use it on the go daily, they are are too nice, a theft risk unlike premium IEMs, too big, and don’t fold. They are good for long trips however. And at home I use speakers a lot now since I received my KEF Wireless II Speakers. That does not mean I don’t occasionally find good reason to listen to the Stellia, they are good enough to make a reason for all by themselves, and I struggle with selling them at all, I may even take the ad for sale down, but I also want to buy that Mustang Mach 1 for 65K and could use 2 more grand down... as always I just don’t have enough to do everything I want at all times. Selling my pc too. I want that Mach 1.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #2,559 of 3,520
I hear very good things about the Cayin n6 ii with the R01 module.
Would anyone be able to tell me the gross differences that there might be between Cayin n6ii + R01 and Lotoo Paw Gold Touch?
Thanks for those who will help me understand ...

Jun 29, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #2,560 of 3,520
Wao, that's beautiful case, Where did you buy it ? The stock case has average quality if not bad quality, I'm still looking for the other one for replacing. Thanks
This is a custom case from a local craftsman. Very compact and luxurious case, almost does not add size, literally covering the player. A combination of buffalo and crocodile skin, if I'm not mistaken. Unfortunately, the author does not make them a large circulation, but if you are interested, pm me. Maybe I'll sell you one of my own, because I have several.

Jun 29, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #2,561 of 3,520
I hear very good things about the Cayin n6 ii with the R01 module.
Would anyone be able to tell me the gross differences that there might be between Cayin n6ii + R01 and Lotoo Paw Gold Touch?
Thanks for those who will help me understand ...
I'm not happy with the hope that altruists have suddenly appeared in the audio. N6-2 with R1 is not positioned higher than their same N8. And the N8 is inferior to LPGT. Therefore, N6-2 (R1) will not be better than LPGT. Different - yes. But not the best. Therefore, to buy a top player cheaply will not work.

Jun 29, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #2,562 of 3,520
I'm not happy with the hope that altruists have suddenly appeared in the audio. N6-2 with R1 is not positioned higher than their same N8. And the N8 is inferior to LPGT. Therefore, N6-2 (R1) will not be better than LPGT. Different - yes. But not the best. Therefore, to buy a top player cheaply will not work.
Different ............. in what sense?
What are the differences between Cayin n6ii + R01 and LPGT?

Jul 4, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #2,565 of 3,520
I have made the decision that DAP-wise, I am sticking to Sony and Lotoo only. Very complementary. Very exceptional sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back