Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Nov 4, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #2,146 of 3,519
Thank you. What I don't understand is this:
In case of using parametric equalizer, apply preamp of -7.4dB and build filters manually with these parameters. The first 5 filters can be used independently. When using independent subset of filters, apply preamp of -7.6dB.

How should I apply this to the PMEQ?

That instruction is mainly to prevent stressing or clipping the amplifier with your EQ changes, because - to put it roughly - you're manipulating the frequency response and shifting loads in ways that the amp wasn't entirely optimised for. A well-designed amp will give equal "power" to the entire frequency response, while what you're asking it to do is to push more power here and give less power there, etc. To prevent the amp from distorting or introducing artefacts, the article advises you to reduce the gain going into the amp, so it has more headroom to push certain frequencies over others before hitting its ceiling. With the PAW Gold Touch, you're only adding or cutting a maximum of 3dB, and it's over a fairly broad band as well, so it shouldn't be able to distort no matter how hard you push it.

TL;DR: That instruction is mainly to stop the EQ from overworking the amp. The LPGT's built-in EQ won't be strong enough to do that, so you can ignore it.

Nov 4, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #2,147 of 3,519
Thank you. What I don't understand is this:
In case of using parametric equalizer, apply preamp of -7.4dB and build filters manually with these parameters. The first 5 filters can be used independently. When using independent subset of filters, apply preamp of -7.6dB.

How should I apply this to the PMEQ?

My guess is that the first five filters/parameters apply a broad fix, then the remaining ones focus on particular spikes or dips. The last two, at roughly 12.5khz and 19.5khz, are probably not going to change a whole lot that is audible, but then again I don't know these headphones. The filter with a Q of 6 and a gain of 1db seems extremely specific, so I doubt you'd miss that tiny adjustment. In other words, most of the EQ work is going to be done by the first 5 filters anyway.

The preamp of ~7.5db is supposed to prevent clipping the amp. The LPGT doesn't have that preamping option, but it also hasn't ever clipped on me during even the most aggressive EQing. That's one of the benefits of the Blackfin chip. I wouldn't worry about it.

Nov 4, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #2,148 of 3,519
That instruction is mainly to prevent stressing or clipping the amplifier with your EQ changes, because - to put it roughly - you're manipulating the frequency response and shifting loads in ways that the amp wasn't entirely optimised for. A well-designed amp will give equal "power" to the entire frequency response, while what you're asking it to do is to push more power here and give less power there, etc. To prevent the amp from distorting or introducing artefacts, the article advises you to reduce the gain going into the amp, so it has more headroom to push certain frequencies over others before hitting its ceiling. With the PAW Gold Touch, you're only adding or cutting a maximum of 3dB, and it's over a fairly broad band as well, so it shouldn't be able to distort no matter how hard you push it.

TL;DR: That instruction is mainly to stop the EQ from overworking the amp. The LPGT's built-in EQ won't be strong enough to do that, so you can ignore it.

Yesterday I received the Lotoo 6000 and I was very disappointed about the sound. With the AT AWKT it sounded like a telephone booth with a wider stage compared to my ZX300. Actually I wanted to send it back. But now after playing around a bit with the EQ in Equalizer APO, I landed here, and it sounds quite good:

1604529838761.jpg

Nov 4, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #2,149 of 3,519
Yesterday I received the Lotoo 6000 and I was very disappointed about the sound. With the AT AWKT it sounded like a telephone booth with a wider stage compared to my ZX300. Actually I wanted to send it back. But now after playing around a bit with the EQ in Equalizer APO, I landed here, and it sounds quite good:

1604529838761.jpg
Man, if you have to do this to the frequency for you to sound good, it’s probably better you send it back. It should sound good out of the box. Not every DAP is for a match every headphone.

Nov 4, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #2,150 of 3,519

1604529838761.jpg
I used to own both the 6K and then the LPGT, now the LPG. I can say that the LP6K sounds.. OK, but not nearly as good as either the LPGT or the LPG. If you can find a used LPGT with a good price, considering getting it instead and return the 6K.

Nov 6, 2020 at 6:47 AM Post #2,153 of 3,519
Where are the impressions of the new titanium? 🤔
Probably in some Chinese audio forums? Anybody here who could tell is how it compares soundwise to the original LPGT?
From my experience talking with the CMO of the Lotoo, they said that the circuit design and sound tuning are improved soundwise.
Soundwise, the titanium version from my experience sounds overall slight better in every single aspect. The titanium version keeps its neutral and natural sound signature.
For 3.5 mm output, the soundstage is slightly larger than the original lpgt. You would feel less of the boundary of the soundstage and more open. The imaging is also slightly improved. The lows are more responsive than the lpgt (deeper and feels more alive). The highs are tuned more gentle and mild, less aggressive than the LPG or LPGT.
The human voices is tuned closer, overall sounds more real than the lpgt (although the lpgt human voices are already very real).
For 4.4 mm output, the overall improvement is in the same direction as the 3.5mm tuning. For me the 4.4mm soundwise is quite similar to the original so not distinguishable difference if not A/B test listen.

You may consider the LPGT ti over the lpgt similar to LPG 2017 over the original 2014 LPG. Just minimal improvement in every aspect. Or maybe just because their sound engineers have slightly changed their understanding of the tuning.
If you already own the original LPGT I think you don't need to upgrade.
For people who want a more premium experience in sound and build quality, it is worth a try if you have enough budget. I think it won't let you down if you like the original LPGT. It is an pretty expensive device for people who wants that level of experience.
The titanium version is a little heavier so if you don't like heavy devices this may be a deducting point.
And as it is limited with unique number on each device, many good (lucky) numbers are already sold as far as I know.
Sorry for my poor english and it only serves as some reference for you who are interested.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #2,154 of 3,519
From my experience talking with the CMO of the Lotoo, they said that the circuit design and sound tuning are improved soundwise.
Soundwise, the titanium version from my experience sounds overall slight better in every single aspect. The titanium version keeps its neutral and natural sound signature.
For 3.5 mm output, the soundstage is slightly larger than the original lpgt. You would feel less of the boundary of the soundstage and more open. The imaging is also slightly improved. The lows are more responsive than the lpgt (deeper and feels more alive). The highs are tuned more gentle and mild, less aggressive than the LPG or LPGT.
The human voices is tuned closer, overall sounds more real than the lpgt (although the lpgt human voices are already very real).
For 4.4 mm output, the overall improvement is in the same direction as the 3.5mm tuning. For me the 4.4mm soundwise is quite similar to the original so not distinguishable difference if not A/B test listen.

You may consider the LPGT ti over the lpgt similar to LPG 2017 over the original 2014 LPG. Just minimal improvement in every aspect. Or maybe just because their sound engineers have slightly changed their understanding of the tuning.
If you already own the original LPGT I think you don't need to upgrade.
For people who want a more premium experience in sound and build quality, it is worth a try if you have enough budget. I think it won't let you down if you like the original LPGT. It is an pretty expensive device for people who wants that level of experience.
The titanium version is a little heavier so if you don't like heavy devices this may be a deducting point.
And as it is limited with unique number on each device, many good (lucky) numbers are already sold as far as I know.
Sorry for my poor english and it only serves as some reference for you who are interested.
Thanks for the impressions. Sounds promising. Of course you’re a „fanboy“ so I think there might be a grain of salt :wink:

When the player was announced, someone here said that listeners who demoed the ti found that there are even more highs. Now you claim that there is less. Hmmm, guess I will have to wait for @twister6 to confirm :)

Nov 6, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #2,155 of 3,519
33AB986E-2C5A-4BC3-AD5B-FC91E61AB587.jpeg

Hello guys, got my tshirt from an online auction for about 35usd, really happy to collect these. And a photo of my current setup.
BAC58C2A-2389-44DB-8A11-54347E97B1E5.jpeg3F6E196D-182F-46A9-B001-25AA168ED411.jpeg

It's funny, I read that post and thought, "how could you pay that much... for a t-shirt!" lol

Thanks for the impressions! I'm surprised to hear that the titanium version is only a little heavier than the aluminum version. I wonder if they slimmed down the milled chassis to make up for the new material's greater density. Or maybe it's just not that noticeable.

Nov 6, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #2,156 of 3,519
It's funny, I read that post and thought, "how could you pay that much... for a t-shirt!" lol

Thanks for the impressions! I'm surprised to hear that the titanium version is only a little heavier than the aluminum version. I wonder if they slimmed down the milled chassis to make up for the new material's greater density. Or maybe it's just not that noticeable.
Firstly sorry for my inaccurate english as english is not my primary language....:triportsad:
Titanium is heavier than aluminum and they are not slimming down the chassis I think. I didn't mean the difference is minimal what I really mean is that the difference in weight is obvious but not as heavy as sp2000 or WM1Z so I use "little". It is noticeable but not insanely heavy. You really feel the money you spend with the solid weight. For me it feels satisfying spending lots of money and buy something feels heavy. But for some people they may prefer lighter devices.
Keep that in mind that my understanding of english may be different from you guys, so just ignore any grammar problems...:beerchug:

Nov 6, 2020 at 10:50 AM Post #2,157 of 3,519
Thanks for the impressions. Sounds promising. Of course you’re a „fanboy“ so I think there might be a grain of salt :wink:

When the player was announced, someone here said that listeners who demoed the ti found that there are even more highs. Now you claim that there is less. Hmmm, guess I will have to wait for @twister6 to confirm :)
Yeah I just feel like here are some people interested in lotoo players as me and they are waiting for someone to share some experience...
I'm simply an amateur audiophile for portable Hi-Fi devices so my words are not that reliable or professional and I'm not paid by Lotoo by the way....
Hopefully I'm not misleading anyone with my comments :L3000: but I'm really trying to share my experience that you may be interested.
What I do mean is the highs are milder and more gentle, so less intrusive(aggressive) does not mean less highs. They are not reducing the highs and there do have more highs but the highs do get more friendly in my humble opinion. I'm also waiting for some professional reviewers to review this great device. Its not a breakthrough but certainly a step forward.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #2,158 of 3,519
Firstly sorry for my inaccurate english as english is not my primary language....:triportsad:
Titanium is heavier than aluminum and they are not slimming down the chassis I think. I didn't mean the difference is minimal what I really mean is that the difference in weight is obvious but not as heavy as sp2000 or WM1Z so I use "little". It is noticeable but not insanely heavy. You really feel the money you spend with the solid weight. For me it feels satisfying spending lots of money and buy something feels heavy. But for some people they may prefer lighter devices.
Keep that in mind that my understanding of english may be different from you guys, so just ignore any grammar problems...:beerchug:

As an English teacher, let me assure you that your English is excellent! You should be proud of how well you've mastered such a complicated and inconsistent language. I would be very pleased if at the end of the year my 16 year-old native-speaking students wrote as well as you do. Off topic, I know, but learning English is quite an accomplishment!

I see what you're saying now about the weight, and I agree. I like the heft of the LPGT, and compared to my older DP-X1, the difference in weight is hardly noticeable. Given it's small size, the LPGT still very portable and isn't too much of a bother in a pocket.

Nov 6, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #2,159 of 3,519

Still waiting for Ti loan unit, don't have yet, it is in high demand. Btw, with some of the impressions people are sharing (like "even more highs"), was that relative to a specific IEMs or headphones, or just in general? I wish people would be more specific because it makes a big difference what you are pairing it with and how the synergy will affect overall tonality.

Nov 6, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #2,160 of 3,519
Still waiting for Ti loan unit, don't have yet, it is in high demand. Btw, with some of the impressions people are sharing (like "even more highs"), was that relative to a specific IEMs or headphones, or just in general? I wish people would be more specific because it makes a big difference what you are pairing it with and how the synergy will affect overall tonality.
When I remember correctly it was „in general“ so yeah, you are right, it would be great if the whole chain (inclusive cables ... or if you will even connectors) would be stated when making such claims. Anyways, I am looking forward to reading your impressions when you get the loan unit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back