Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Aug 30, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #841 of 1,457
Wait for a 30-40 hour burn in and details will really start coming out.
(....)

True.
I expected that, but after some many hours of listening and psycho-ear burning it really starts shining and enlighting any iem I use it with. I like its netural and bright sound.
Fiio Fh7, iBasso IT04, TSMR-6 and Fearless S8F / S8z, also some single BA never sounded so appealing, deep and detailed playing my FLACs 😍
Lotoo LP6k stands its audiophile fame

Aug 30, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #842 of 1,457
I don't know about the rest to you but it kinda annoys me that it repeats alot of certain songs I have in my card. Even when I would skip it and shut the device off for a little bit and resume where I left off a few songs later there it goes the same song I keep skipping because it keeps coming up and mind you this is a card with 30,000 songs. the probability shouldn't nowhere as often as it is.

But overall the player is my favorite and best I've heard so everything else is great

I found the same until I realised that I have a few versions of the same song and the tags were different.... whether live, Studio, album, single etc.. for

I never realised how different the vol levels were across my collection until using the 6K... on a few occasions I have managed to clean my ears out..!!

I suppose coming from the WM1A as my go to DAP since beginning of the year I was protected by the normalisation setting... The only music files I have that remain constant with VL are my DSD DSF Files which the 6K is the best player I have had for these files ... hands down...!

So far with VL at 60 and with Flac I am getting about 14 hours of play... only the WM1A or WM1Z has bettered that.... but the others have the android apps and streaming...etc

Sep 2, 2020 at 9:08 AM Post #843 of 1,457
Does anyone think there's any reason to get the LP6 when I have an incoming SR25? The only thing I can thing of is that the the SR25 is a tad bit weak when it comes to running my Final Audio E5000 IEM.

Sep 2, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #844 of 1,457
Does anyone think there's any reason to get the LP6 when I have an incoming SR25? The only thing I can thing of is that the the SR25 is a tad bit weak when it comes to running my Final Audio E5000 IEM.

I would imagine that the Lotoo P6K has a more capable EQ and more driving power. I also prefer the base tuning that the Lotoo has over the SR25.

Sep 2, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #845 of 1,457
I absolutely love the LP6K and would not want to be without. At the same time, if you have the SR25 incoming, why not use it for a while before deciding anything? When I reviewed the E5000 I did not feel my old AK70 was coming up short driving them. Still, when I use the E4000 these days the LP6K definitely gets more out of those. I have not heard the SR25, but I would expect it to perform better than the AK70. The LP6K will likely still be a step up and of course offers a much better PMEQ than the EQ Astell & Kern offer. So a few things to consider and perhaps best to do that once you have a good idea of what you like and don't like about the SR25?

Sep 2, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #847 of 1,457
I agree with Wyville. As it's already on its way, use it first and see what you think of it. In my opinion, another common reason for people to go with either is whether they prefer a pure player or a pseudo "smart" player. With LP6, you don't get to do streaming in a very straightforward manner. Again, just my opinion, current-gen DAPs should have enough power to drive IEMs. At the end of all this, if you are not happy, you'd still most likely will have to scratch that itch. :)

Sep 2, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #848 of 1,457
It’s strange that Lotoo don’t explain how to access the PMEQ ... either in there manual or on their website....

Just one more reason that makes this forum so valuable to us all.... 😃

So far I have set up a couple of schemes on the 6K... one for the Ara and one for the Solaris... I keep playing with it, moving the bands and gains etc ....

The battery doesn’t seem to like being used for creating your own schemes ... I found it drains quite a lot..... but playing of Flac files is giving me about 14/15 hours at between 55/60....

Before using this particular DAP I didn’t realise how much my music files differ in volume...! It’s caught me out a few times when I just play all on shuffle...!!:L3000:

I have found that the battery life is really amazing for such a high-end offering. I do also have the same experience with music files in volume - a feature such as volume equalization would not have gone a miss - though I suspect this would compress natural dynamics

Sep 3, 2020 at 9:23 PM Post #849 of 1,457
I have compared the SR25, Cayin N6ii (with T01 module I believe it is) and the Lotoo PAW 6000. Out of the three, the SR25 has the advantage of the longest battery life and the smallest size. To me, the Lotoo and the AK sound similar, but the Lotoo has a better bass response over the AK (not quantity, but the depth and the clarity). The soundstage and imagining is also better on the Lotoo. Out of the three, the Cayin N6ii has the most power, followed by Lotoo then the AK. The Cayin however has the nosiest background hissing whereas the AK and the Lotoo are very quiet. I at last went with the Lotoo PAW 6000 because of the following reason:
1. Darkest background (i.e. no hissing on low gain, very minimal on high gain with some sensitive item)
2. Fairly long battery life
3. Very very responsive UI
4. I don't need streaming
5. Natural, quite neutral with crisp highs, solid bass.
These are just my brief demo and I did that in the shop which is not the quietest place, so please do take those opinions with a grain of salt. IEM tested: Obravo Cupid, Fitear Universal, Sony EX1000

Sep 4, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #850 of 1,457
my lotoo 3.5mm jack doesn't work no matter what I plug in headphones or iems.
I am missing something or is it broken? I've been using 4.4mm cable since and it's fine.
Just wanted to test some headphones

Sep 9, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #851 of 1,457
I found the same until I realised that I have a few versions of the same song and the tags were different.... whether live, Studio, album, single etc.. for

I never realised how different the vol levels were across my collection until using the 6K... on a few occasions I have managed to clean my ears out..!!

I suppose coming from the WM1A as my go to DAP since beginning of the year I was protected by the normalisation setting... The only music files I have that remain constant with VL are my DSD DSF Files which the 6K is the best player I have had for these files ... hands down...!

So far with VL at 60 and with Flac I am getting about 14 hours of play... only the WM1A or WM1Z has bettered that.... but the others have the android apps and streaming...etc

unfortunately the songs are the only copy I have and thought I could just skip the s9ng which is what I do it's still something that bothers me just for the fact that the odds of playing those specific tracks over and over out of a collection of 30k songs should be considerably low. oh well, I hope maybe this is addressed in a future update but the DAP is still my favorite and sound is awesome.

Sep 11, 2020 at 8:58 PM Post #852 of 1,457
Just sold my N8 brass and picked up a P6K...

Initial impressions:
1.) OS is snappy af and most "user friendly" UI I've encountered. much more manageable form factor
2.) much quieter background and plenty of umph - i don't use for headphones, iems only
3.) PMEQ is sweet - makes it easy to find my favorite sig on any iem
4.) SQ comparable - no NuTube, but blacker background, neutral/uncolored sig, easy PMEQ = happy listening
5.) funds reclaimed from the switch likely going to Odin or Elysium. No Regerts. :)

Sep 13, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #853 of 1,457
I’ve had the Lotoo Paw 6000 for a couple of weeks now and it really is an absolutely fantastic DAP. I’ve tried many DAPs this year in the mid-tier and upper-tier price brackets - ibasso DX160 / 220, Fiio M11 / M11 Pro, Hiby R6 Pro, Shanling M6, Cayin N6ii and A&K SP1000M to name a few - but there’s something about the Lotoo PAW 6000 that makes it my overall favourite DAP to date. Sound wise it beats all of the others hands down, at least in my opinion. It’s an extremely clean, transparent and detailed sound signature with a hint of warmth and a very very good parametric EQ. But add to that a great form factor, fantastically quick and simple GUI, super fast boot up, and a battery which gives me more than 14 hours in balanced mode which drives my Aeon 2 headphones with plenty of power to spare, and you’ve got yourself a winning combination. Without doubt a long term keeper.....
@Dazzert318 have you compared 6000 with M6 PRO?

Sep 13, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #854 of 1,457
Yes, I’ve had both. At one point I had the Hiby R6 Pro, Shanling M6 Pro and LP6000 all at the sane time. As a complete package, and assuming you’re primarily listening to your music from the SD card rather than streaming services, the LP6000 sits head and shoulders above the other two in terms of sound quality and usability. The GUI and battery life are also both excellent. PEQ capabilities of the LP6000 are also fantastic. Believe me, the LP6000 is a long term keeper....

Sep 14, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #855 of 1,457
Yes, I’ve had both. At one point I had the Hiby R6 Pro, Shanling M6 Pro and LP6000 all at the sane time. As a complete package, and assuming you’re primarily listening to your music from the SD card rather than streaming services, the LP6000 sits head and shoulders above the other two in terms of sound quality and usability. The GUI and battery life are also both excellent. PEQ capabilities of the LP6000 are also fantastic. Believe me, the LP6000 is a long term keeper....
Very strange ... M6 Pro uses 4497 as DACs, as well as operational amplifiers such as those of Lotoo Paw 6000 opa 1622, they have the same power, while M6 Pro has a lower price and an open android that uses dragon stone 430 thanks to which the interface is smooth and will not make any applications think .. on the balance 4.4 the charge is about 10 hours, which is a good indicator. I want a more direct comparison and more detailed ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back